Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Suikox Memories Pre-2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We also had no practical use for them, really. We could have used them for initial explorations, but we also had to wrestle with the idea of beefing up our members. C'est la vie, I guess.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, lots of good memories. The dungeon thing Yvl mentioned...

But also the hilarious circumstances to me unwittingly being in a relationship with Lorelei to the point were were quietly married without so much as warning. It was a funny in-joke... one of many, many in-jokes that SME had. We were ripe with them. But I always felt special because I was the only other guy besides Parallax to score a chick! Who cares if she was real or not.

And I don't think I want to know who played my honey. :(

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My best memories have always been mainly about the war-game, but obviously not limited to only the war-game.

1. The famous Jowston vs Highland war. This is definitely the best war because both nations really had no advantage over one another. Both nations are equally strong and we both won and lost back and forth.

2. From the Jowston vs Highland war, came the awesome competition between Fliktor/Axiose/Fluffy vs Bugg/BlackPesmerga/Aurelien. I feel blessed enough to have someone as a rival in the war-game like him when it's not easy to find someone who is around similar strength as one another yet both at high level. I will end the rivalry with either Axiose being slightly ahead of me, or at a draw.

3. War-game is not always about who is stronger, but also about who is smarter. My rival here has always been Anton Misri. I have always enjoyed the challenge going to war against him. Though the fact that Grassland are far stronger than Jowston meaning that the battle between the nations aren't as close as Jowston-Highland one, I'll make no excuse to say that he has clearly outplayed me. Good guy, and definitely a smart one. And the person who I have to owe to when it comes to the peace between Jowston and Highland.

4. Being the first person to defeat Jalat and his fat elephants.

5. Being finally able to bring Jowston to occupy 14 regions (actually a positive record after starting at 10 regions at the beginning of the game)

6. Being the non-admin, non-NPC member with the highest level (how I got it, I have no idea)

7. The creation of the Galeserpent Guardians (left to right: Epilleve, Naja, Aurelien, Elivira, Mikael, Irina, Sven)

8. Seeing Rane defeating Synchysi at Retto. That was awesome.

9. Being defeated by Yuber7. Not as awesome, and not a good thing, but a strong memory none the less.

10. Having Rean Penenberg in Jowston. I feel special. Rean is *this* close into getting her little sister joining her at the manor.

11. Many days of talking to myself in Jowston Leaders Forum. Seriously. Sometimes I wonder why I haven't killed myself back then.

And maybe many more that I can't remember.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best thing Masa ever posted wrote:
That's a stereotype, Parallax. Sigh. Let me tell you a story about something about winners and quitters.

In my youth I lived along the Cliffs of Insanity with the dwarven tribe that was called by the local stupid humans as the "Mole Men". This was back in the days when my folk just kinda hung out, making tunnels, and singing along to 80s classics. You know, good times and everything. We didn't know about elves back then, so we hadn't yet experienced the Great Flipping Out of 1274 (long story). So we dwarves hadn't started messing with beards, battle-axes, and eye lasers yet.

Well that was cool until one day we were attacked. From the north a huge army, with numbers counting in the hundred thousands, came the Lemming-Men. If you're wondering what a Lemming-Men is, it is a pretty unfortunate result of sorcerer trying to pass his soul into a new body, but inadvertently switched bodies with a lemming. The lemming got the new body and used it to raise up an army to do what lemmings do best.

Now of course you might like to think they stood there at our doorstep and mainly grunted, gave some kind of epic speech, or at least looked at us defiantly. Nope, they just started running at us like crazy to kill us. Armed with only our shovels, large rocks, and our 80s music we dwarves were able to make easy work of them. But despite our amazing stamina and low center of gravity, the lemmings gave us a workover. By the time all of them were dead, a lot of our boys were dead or wounded. We'd won the day, so it was cool.

But then they came the next day with another army, same size. It took us a little bit longer, but we killed them all. Lost more of our boys. It was rough work and our 80s Playlist had totally used up all the good tunes and we were forced to resort to listening to 90s boy bands during the battle. It was horrible day indeed, but at least we knew those Lemming-Men wouldn't try the same crap again.

The third day came and only a third of our male population was any condition to do any work. So we were busting ass pretty hard and even some of the lady-folk and little kids had to come out and help us. We fought back again and won. Took twice as long as the first day, but the women-folk put up a good showing and the kid dwarves proved to be useful since all the Lemming-Men would just trip over them because they were too short. Still, we couldn't do this everyday.

Fourth day came and we decided just to quit. When the Lemming-Men came, we started moving away. They ignored us all and just kept running and plunged theirself off of the Cliffs of Insanity and on to the jagged rocks below. That was a day when quitters won. Eventually the Lemming King himself threw himself off a cliff and his philosophy, though briefly revived in the form of Disco, came to a sudden end. And that's how Columbus became the capital of Ohio, despite Cincinnati being that much more awesome.

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And that's a 100% true story.

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's a humdinger of a story. lol. Nice job.

I guess it is also cool that my "Hey, Ask Me Anything" thread managed to make it to 51 pages. I wonder if I will be able to do that on Due Fiumi...

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man! If only I joined 3 years ago when I first saw this site due to the map blue moon made in gamefaqs, I could've played more war games but sadly, I only joined last feb because I was getting bored. Oh well... Best memories would be the zombie fad getting famous in Gaien due to me, Fu, and Eden always talking about it, working on those battle reports for John concerning nations. I think I have wrote 3. I worked hard on them like 4-5 hours each trying to dig up as much information about all of its members ;). I think its obvious which nations those were. The many never ending stories and six word stories we have made. They were all funny.

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I have many memories of SuikoX that I will remember even when this site dies.

First is my newbie days and the Battle Royale in Zexen, the first national event that I participated in. It was quite fun, and the trash talk that are happening with respect to that event are funny.

Second is during the dark days of Zexen, the time when its downfall was imminent. It was sad, but out of it came Tonberry's leadership which I came to respect.

Third is the time when I became a moderator and made the Merchant Guild. I put great pride in the Merchant Guild because most of my ideas are there, combined with those of my colleagues who poured out their time to make Zexen's national affairs and activity skyrocket. I remember making a list of what Zexen shall have in every month, like this month's Gezel Hyatt month.

Fourth is when Zexen started with the whole Failure urns/candies/gee gee gimmick. Before their arrival, we had the kicking tonberry and 'sexy' gimmick, but low morale calls for more fun. This happened last year, which was probably the most enjoyable year Zexen ever had, beating even the time when Kal (Gaara) was still chairman (we called that era Golden Age before).

And fifth is my endless playful quarrels with Milan fiori about which is better, my Merchant Guild or his knights.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Idylan Thomas

Moonlight Drive

105871 Potch
1194 Soldiers
1670 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Toying with Beast Rune. Fantastic feeling... ever.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arguing with Blank is another one, I forgot.

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha. You two were as quarrelsome as Gaara's successor and Everyone's Grudge were. Oh, and as much as Billy and Guillaume still are!
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But we do cooperate with each other when it comes to kicking tonberries. Kicking tonberries, it's better than whatever drug is out there. :P

Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I miss the days when Tinto had lost 5 of of it's starting territories and had to fight out of a hole to defend our capital and retake all of our original territories, and begin to re-expand into the south and east. The days where we had three fronts, and nation leaders and Royal Guards from 6 nations fighting against us-- and we still manage to come out favorably in the end. Yeah, those were the days. Hasn't been that much excitement in the wargame ever since then. It's hard to top the epic battles between Tinto and SME at Lion's Maw.

This is news to me. Really, it is.

My best memories?

1. There was this essay that Sage wrote arguing that Riou was actually a pirate. That has to be one of the most lol-worthy things I've ever read in my whole Internet life.
2. I remember when I used to win the stat update all of the time, and then I lost the will to keep posting like a maniac. Apparently, some of my fellow Highlanders said in a later survey that they'd like to see me post more.
3. I happened to stumble on Sierra Mikain's Highlander 5.0 topic, which made for an entertaining read.
4. Serving as an ambassador to the Grasslands. They truly made me feel at home while I was there, and we had this secret plan going on to make a 24-hour posting marathon spurred on by the Grasslands stat update. Sadly, I don't think it turned out as intended.
5. Our whole business against pirates and Sage's anti-pirate essays. When he announced that we weren't going to go after them any longer, I felt slightly crushed.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When i first joined the site, that was a really happy time in Highland with Decado, Blasphemy, Sage, John, Zonder, Falcon and Yohn when she joined, heck even he was fun to play about with from time to time. I really miss those days, it's just a shame i never got to see Fluffy in his nation leader glory.

I was also lucky enough to have two nations to call home here, i really love Nagarea and i never regretted leaving Highland to go there, not for one moment.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luceit wrote:
When he announced that we weren't going to go after them any longer, I felt slightly crushed.

Vex and at least one NPC told me not to bother with certain pirates, telling me to leave them alone or that they were "gone." So I figured that was an admin hint that even if I tried to continue after them, I'd fail.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: