Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

My selfish announcement that will disappoint many
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm late again....

Anyway, all I can say is do what you have to do. Besides it's been fun and at least it gave me something to do for a few years. And hell, I've made some new friends because of this, so I can't complain.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Likewise (thanks for saving me some writing time there Edge.)

Anything causing great amounts of stress is better off avoided anyhow, so I'm surprised something like this didn't happen sooner. The world will continue to turn without a War system. I only ever really used this place as a normal discussion forum anyway, so that doesn't have to change. Take it easy Sars.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*rocking back and forth*

But...but...but...the Murky Sea! It was right there! We were going to visit it next phase! The Krakens!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I probably would have died anyway.

Just do whatever is best for your health. We don't hate you!

^Actual quote!
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The kraken is not that impressive, Admiral.

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31348
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw that, but I had a feeling Vex would somehow make it harder. The description of the Murky Sea in the Rumors section made it sound like the biggest baddest naval region on the board.

^Actual quote!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to hear about the ending of the war game and the relapse in your illness. I just hope you got as much enjoyment (at times) in running the nation system as many of the members here did participating in it.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fuji wrote:
You guys could've ran the duel yourself I think.

I know! But it's totally different when the mods run it and then post it. It's like validation and stuffs. XD
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's all good, and you must always put you first, not some internet schiznats.

it's been fun, coming back from the brink and coming close to being the lead country, thanks to my stellar team and countrymen.

get well, my friend; take care of you, worry not over this fluff.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks again for the kind words. I haven't had time yet to reply to all of the individual PMs I've received but I am slowly but surely getting around to them. Don't get depressed if I haven't answered them yet, I'm a sick man!

About the kraken stuff, my plan would have been to do something a lot more interesting than throw an NPC at you. The "base" NPC that iscalio posted a link to is just a placeholder anyhow, so it doesn't indicate what you would have faced. I was planning to introduce an entire cult of mariners surrounding the aqueous beast that can join forces with Nameless Lands or something, if done the right way.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would just like to say as a member that has been around for a long time that I truly understand. I just wish you the best and I want you to take care of yourself. I am sure I speak for us all when we say thank you for giving us a place to share our love for a wonderful game and thanks for giving us a small piece of yourself for almost a decade. We truly appreciate you.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
aqueous beast

I think you mean aquatic? Unless the beast is dissolved in water... :P

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A toast to you, Vextor. It's been good workin' with you. Of course, most of my work went unknown and unappreciated but I didn't really care for recognition either. My guess is I won't be needed any longer which is a bit sad, but I can't help but say I'm glad you've decided to take care of yourself. It's been fun being an NPC controller!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
Vextor wrote:
aqueous beast

I think you mean aquatic? Unless the beast is dissolved in water... :P

Nope, acquious also means "water-like." I was descibing the kraken as being an acquious beast, as in, like a large pile of pudding suspended in water. If you've ever held a squid or an octopus with your bare hands you'll know what I'm talking about.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would also add that I don't recommend holding a squid or octopus with your bare hands.

Aside from it feeling really creepy, they tend not to appreciate being manhandled.
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor dude don't stress yourself out, you do what you need to do to stay healthy for you and whatever happens no one can or rather better not be upset with you for this! I read your entire post and pretty much everything clicked since yes personally I felt the system was too complex and had great difficulty in learning * still don't know half of anything* and something being redone that is safer for new players to get involved in and get into just like the veteran members who are all like pro at the game. But regardless you take care of yourself and I'm glad you made a decision for yourself so you get out of relapsing again. Ciao

Shaun

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: