Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

My selfish announcement that will disappoint many
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only major thing I had trouble with was telling which region belonged to whom. XD I had trouble setting up stuffs this phase though, and it just amazed me how much work people put into the war system... it's all so stressful, so for it to end would be a load of burden off a lot of people's backs.

Is fuji still granting wishes? I never really got to duel in the war game. No declined duels or duels won or lost... It's quite sad... It's really sad, fuji. *nudge nudge*
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Justice Johnny, i will duel you if you like! :)

My dueling skills are crap by the way! :*laugh*:
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But you have like millions of nation points!!! How could I ever stand up to that???? :(

*still nudging fuji* :P
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys could've ran the duel yourself I think. But, here she be!

:o

justice johnny swiftly takes the initiative!
justice johnny shifts into duel mode ATTACK!

Goldy shifts into duel mode DESPERATE!

---=<[Round 1]>=---
justice johnny attacks Goldy and inflicts 99 points of damage!

Goldy delivers a DESTRUCTIVE blow!
justice johnny is blasted by the mighty strike, suffering 720 points of damage!

justice johnny: 804 | Goldy: 1666

---=<[Round 2]>=---
justice johnny attacks Goldy and inflicts 68 points of damage!

Goldy attacks justice johnny!
However, justice johnny powerfully brushes the attack aside!

justice johnny: 804 | Goldy: 1598

---=<[Round 3]>=---
justice johnny attacks Goldy and inflicts 102 points of damage!
justice johnny attacks again!
justice johnny attacks Goldy and inflicts 61 points of damage!

Goldy attacks justice johnny and inflicts 139 points of damage!

justice johnny: 665 | Goldy: 1435

---=<[Round 4]>=---
justice johnny delivers a DESTRUCTIVE blow!
Goldy is blasted by the mighty strike, suffering 588 points of damage!
justice johnny attacks again!
Goldy is blasted by the mighty strike, suffering 606 points of damage!

Goldy attacks justice johnny and inflicts 131 points of damage!

justice johnny: 534 | Goldy: 241

---=<[Round 5]>=---
Goldy is blasted by the mighty strike, suffering 480 points of damage!

Goldy is knocked out!
justice johnny: 534 | Goldy: 0

justice johnny is the winner!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Eden

Private Godwin Army

560494 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These are very sad news, Vex. I discovered this site rather late and enjoyed being here a lot. I will miss everything around here, all the people (even the Barows) and the little things you have to learn in order to really enjoy the system.

However (and there is always a "however" or "but" or "still"...), having lost a parent due to a illness, which is in the heavier versions deadly and which can only be stopped for some time by setting under drugs, I understand your reason.
My mother was told in her mid twenties that she will not live very long and certainly not nearly normal life; Drugs would be the first and the last thing of her day and the pain and horror when her body would actually shut down would be her permanent companion.
She lived almost 15 years with this knowledge and daily routine and nine years after she died, I can say she hadn't had the live she perhaps deserved and some things should be done as long as it is possible...

I am really sorry for stealing your time with this sentimental stuff which must look for you as idiotic whims, but all I want to express is this: I am grateful for the joy you shared with me and every other person on this board and I hope you will be able to find time for yourself now you decided to cut down your responsibilities here.

Good luck.

The Fool
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went through and read the entire thread and I'm certainly overwhelmed by the support everyone has shown to me. I appreciate that very much, and I'm particularly touched by how people have mentioned on how this site has been a positive experience for them. If my efforts have brought people together, that's something I can be proud of.

Of course, it is only the nation system that will be disbanded. I have no intention to take down the site itself at this point in time. It seems like people wish to keep nations around for whatever purpose, and that decision I leave up to each individual nation. Some people are planning on creating a new game and that's alright with me. I just can't be involved in it (at least too much). This site is still fast as heck and on good days I may want to whip up something new, after all. I still need my own playground to do what I want as long as my brain keeps generating strange ideas.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1129479 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will definitely be around to check on whatever may pop up in the future. I may be working on a project of my own, but I don't have any plans to give up on Suikox as long as it is still online.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a little late but simply thank you Vex. The war game was really fun.

And as almost everybody said - you shouldn't feel even tiny bit bad for thinking about your health first. Health is the most important thing - there is nothing else without it.

I feel sad both for you (I'm really shocked about your illness - also becasue I haven't hear about your state before) and for past feelings and memories of things connected with the war game.

Take care MAN.

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Health first indeed.

An odd fact that I have noticed a while back is that most owners of suikoden sites end up getting sick. In November I met with HowlingGuild (the owner of Suikosource) while I was in LA for a business trip, and talked about how we both have incurable diseases and whether konami puts a curse on all of these site owners or something. John Layfield also has health issues (although I'm never quite sure what exactly it is I know he goes through a lot of pain), Master Mathiu who's owned sites such as in-solis.org and has recently rebuilt a new site has also suffered some terrible disease and I believe the owner of the long-gone gensonline.com (or was it .net?) suffered from some illness. My advice to everyone is this-- don't make suikoden fansites if you're not prepared to be cursed with some debilitating illness! The odds are clear!
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good grief. I'm glad I never gave into the temptation to start a Suikoden site... I don't think I'd be alive now!

In fact, I think I should go turn in my resignation into Due Fuimi now...

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A little late throwing in my support here, but I agree with much of the sentiment that has already been expressed. I'm a firm believer in supporting those who make educated decisions for their well-being, whether physical, mental, or both. You're the only person that can really know what you need, and it really sounds like what you need is to be kind to and take care of yourself.

So long story only a little longer, take care of yourself man and I hope whatever changes come are for the better for you!

Sure...I may miss being the speedbump on the way to invading the lands of Harmonia, but I'll probably get over it. ^_^
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
My advice to everyone is this-- don't make suikoden fansites if you're not prepared to be cursed with some debilitating illness! The odds are clear!

Good advice! :P

But hey, i am a big Suikoden Fan and i got me one of them debilitating illness' too, although nowhere near as bad as it could be, thankfully!
Anton Misri

Mages of Cups

165978 Potch
6363 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have just read this news and I will say this that your decision is supported by me 100%.

Moderators have been briefed of your condition and I was always concerned how you were able to continue with your efforts, especially during the eraly stages of your treatment. I am very glad you have decided to take care of yourself, because your illness is indeed serious.

The nation system has been a fun distraction for me, but that is all it was and it can never amount to anything worth the sacrifice of your health. You can see that everybody so far agrees with this, and I thank you for your tireless work for the past four years. You put much work into this system, and for that reason it is not hard to understand how the system can not be passed on; it can only be run by you because it will require your personal touch which you have honed since the creation of this system and world.

What you have done is phenomenal, especially because you have managed to bring people together regardless of their actual national and cultural differences. When these tensions came up you were always very quick to respond and remedy the situation with just the adequate amount of tendereness and harshness. The result is we have a community here with people from many nations, religious beliefs, cultures and backgrounds who have learned to tolerate each other through your stewardship. Maybe this is a skill you have because you are yourself born between multiple culture, but I can not deny you have your own very unique quality that goes beyond this.

You only have reasons for being proud so there is no need to feel sorry. Please take care of yourself.

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I created and ran Suikogurus for two years and never got sick...

Unless...

Oh my! :o
EggMan

Ordo Lusus

167874 Potch
250 Soldiers
180 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always felt bad about not really checking in on the community forum (there were always a lot of new posts, and I'm not a very fast reader with not a lot of time) but this one takes the cake. Everyone's already said what I would say, but I'll just repeat the important stuff - take care of yourself, you created a really good site with one of the best online text games I've ever seen (kudos for that) and for that you will have my respect always (especially since you have Wegener's Granulomatosis to deal with). Here's to you getting better! *takes a shot of vodka*

"I think we are blind. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: