Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Due Fiumi - It's Back Up Again, Again! ...Again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thief

Truth

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wonderful 'pedia. Glad to see the site back online.

So much love for the spanking new Gensopedia! Keep up the good work.

(Perhaps it's another sign of old age. Names like Michelan Rugner, Straits of Scardi and Kuknasi Sea definitely don't ring a familiar bell for me.)
TruePerception

Blind Eye

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those would be in depth, japanese only, tidbits that John has gotten ahold of. I don't think they were referenced in game.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Vextor

Potch
Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Michelan Rugner has been listed in suikox's "Rugner Family Legacy" section for about 4 years. It comes from one of the official Suikoden Short Stories Anthologies.

Straits of Scardi and Kuknasi Sea can only be found if you take a very close look at official maps and decode the Falenian / Island Nations script, so not even Japanese sources would have that info. I don't think any Japanese fan sites have that info on their sites because you actually need to have a good grasp of English to decode the script.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about the cypher on the maps in Suikoden III? Has anyone decoded those? I've tried to see if they were just words, but it's too hard for me to make out, given the coloring and size.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

Potch
Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
What about the cypher on the maps in Suikoden III? Has anyone decoded those? I've tried to see if they were just words, but it's too hard for me to make out, given the coloring and size.

I have some clear shots of the Suikoden III lettering system but I'm having a hard time with it. It may not be a cipher for our latin alphabet but may actually be for elementary hiragana. (Maybe)

If so, lol @ the idea of me ever figuring it out.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

Potch
Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A guy called "Assistant to Milich" (who used to be SME's nation leader a long time ago) once decoded the Suikoden 3 cypher, but the info has been lost and he's been incognito in Croatia. Too bad.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

omg finallyyyyyyyy~!

Been waiting for it to come beack TAT;;

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Templeton

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been for the past few months making it a daily habit to click on Due Fiumi to see if it was up and running and finally it's back.

John Layfield will go down as a legend of the Suikoden Community for time to come just for making this dedicated site.

Welcome back Due Fiumi you are already on the Suikoden Community Board.

Bye for now

Ryan
Thief

Truth

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Michelan Rugner has been listed in suikox's "Rugner Family Legacy" section for about 4 years. It comes from one of the official Suikoden Short Stories Anthologies.

It's been up for that long, huh! My suiko-senility confirmed.

Quote:
Straits of Scardi and Kuknasi Sea can only be found if you take a very close look at official maps and decode the Falenian / Island Nations script, so not even Japanese sources would have that info. I don't think any Japanese fan sites have that info on their sites because you actually need to have a good grasp of English to decode the script.

Cool. I remember this site having the Sindarin codes as a font some time before, so are there equivalent of that for the Island Nations and Falenan scripts? Or, are these ones not exactly directly translatable to any familiar writing system?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

Potch
Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, you were right the first time. They are a standard substitution cipher like the Sindar Script is.

Suikoden III's script still befuddles me however. I've found a rather obvious basis to start with which should logically work but when I try and extrapolate from that, it doesn't seem to make sense. It's infuriating.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm having a good time on your relaunched site Chief,the activity is really incredible on there and it'll be nice to interact with people i normally wouldn't on here which is alot of fun.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it does seem to be off to a very quick start this time around!

blueflame

Blue Rookies

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know due fuimi's activity is really high and people reply really fast so it is really awesome ;). Hey on a side note, now, I remember who you are TP, you're the guy I said having a freaky picture of Guillaume. Guillaume is pretty scary. Anyway, it is really awesome. I hope you guys check out the genospedia as well it has fun stuff.

Last Literature D-Line

Potch
Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The forum is back up after some upgrades.

I totally did not try and do them myself before breaking down and begging fuji to do it for me. No siree bob.
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

Potch
Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
I demand the immediate return of Suikonuts.

Immediate.

Agreed.

The site looks better ever time it gets revived! I love all the new thingers o___o :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: