Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your 21st Birthday
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Your 21st Birthday Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So today is my girlfriends 21st Birthday. For those of you outside of the United States, the 21st Birthday is the day you are legally allowed to drink. Its a day when plenty of people decide to get a little wild and crazy. It got me thinking about my 21st last year..or what I remember from it o.0. So I wanted to know, what did YOU do on your 21st? I'm sure theres plenty of people who are under 21..so if you've given it any thought, what are your plans?
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My birthday is in July, so I was out of college for the time being, but wanted to go hang out with my college buddies, so I took a train down to Saint Louis (where I went to school) and proceeded to drink heavily.

Went on a pub crawl with another friend of mine that shared the same birthday. Was the only one to finish the crawl, then proceeded to go to another bar close to where I was staying.

Actually was drunk twice on my 21st, a feat I rarely have achieved in my short life.

It wasn't the best night in the world, not by a long shot. A girl I was kind of seeing at the time that I really dug wound up getting back with her ex-boyfriend that night. Thankfully that was at the end of the night, or it would have been a depressing whole night of drinking, instead of the last hour or so.

Hope your girlfriend makes it out of her's in one piece!

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I slept, for 20hours, because everyone was demanding shit to be done for the day so I decided simply to not wake up.

Worked like a charm.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My 21st as a year and a half ago tomorrow exactly. And um.. well it was pretty much completely forgotten. By my friends, family, and *coughs* myself. So yeah. I didn't realize my birthday had passed until like four days later when I remember my girlfriend at the times birthday was in two days.

So yeah. I'm a wild party animal.. :roll:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nothing conventional. maybe had chinese and was hassled with immature giggling of my parents friend and my mom or aunt joking and getting me to drink.

one of the dumbist 21st birthday celebrations I heard of involves downing 21 shots in a short ammount of time.
yes, novice drinkers go and down hard alchol. smart.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My 21st birthday is in about four months. My plans for it consist of standing in line at the DMV so I can finally get my full driver's licesne. Then after that I get to do at least one final(biology I think). Then after that I'll sit at my apartment trying to figure out how long I'm going to visit my sister for over the summer......yeah not exactly exciting.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I flew to China on my 21st. During the layover in the Tokyo airport someone bought me some cheap Japanese beer that tasted awful. I drank half then threw it in the trash while they weren't looking. Still, a memorable trip in a good way.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My 21st birthday was nothing special, just another birthday. Apparently it wasn't memorable enough for me to remember anything from it. You can drink legally here at an age of 18 so i didn't have the overrated legal drinking thing to look forward to anymore. Not that i did for my 18th birthday, cause you can buy light alcohol legally here (<5%) at an age of 16.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine was nothing special, either. I went drinking with my sisters just after midnight, because they insisted, and I a drink with my dad at the bar in the late afternoon. He had wanted to take me to my grandpa's bar in San Francisco, but we really didn't have the time. Yeah my dad's side of the family are all drinkers!

Edit: Wait, so you can get a keg of weak beer there, and get slammed at 16? Legally?

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately that is possible, meaning youngsters get slammed at very young ages.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, well! We do it here, too. It's just illegal for us!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coinkadink....literally one year ago I turned 21 hehe, so now I'm a year older and oddly enough still have a fond memory of how I celebrated. I actually did it the traditional way you SHOULD maybe do it....that's going out to Maggiano's Litty Italy restaurant...nice dinner....family...friends.....gifts......and pretty much sipping wine glass and wine glass of Pinot Noir and then here came all the speciality oh so sweet and tasty cocktails. Ah as I was told by my gramps, if ya gonna get fucked up you might as well just do it with family. Speaking of which my Gramps was walking out the restaurant socializing with just about anyone walking by so yeah and referencing back to someone who looked like someone he knew in 1971, hehe he had a lot of booze himself. More like who didn't....but damn now the b-days after this one ain't gonna be as cool. Bah I don't wanna do anything really today anyways ** or rather this morning but whatever I'm insomniac*

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

.....the only thing I remember the year that I turned 21 was I think...I believe the summer before my 21st bday my dad tried to get me to try some sake on the plane...which I refused...hahahah........
Even if I was "of age" I'm determined to be a non-drinker

but other than that....nah nothing particularily special happened....and my friends didn't think much about it either apparently....that year was an all time low for receiving 'happy bday wishes'

hmm....wonder if there is a connection............

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of Coikadinks, Malvagio, I'm taking my girl to Maggianos on Friday to celebrate hers a little more formally. Last night her and I went out to one of the local bars at her college...and not surprisingly, by the end of the night I was having to hold her hair and take care of her as she let back up everything she consumed >.>

But yeah..what do you expect if you wear a Tiara that says "I'm 21, Buy me Drinks!"?
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kai Ver' Xion wrote:
by the end of the night I was having to hold her hair and take care of her as she let back up everything she consumed >.>

Definitely saw that coming. :D
Every single one of my girlfriends (girls that are friends...never celebrated a 21st with a girlfriend) puked on their 21st.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: