Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

More Information On Edge?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: More Information On Edge? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it known whereabouts his village is? All I can find is that he left it when Harmonia was going to attack Dunan in the Higheast Rebellion. If we can get a rough idea of where the village is, perhaps we can get an idea of where Viktor and Flik have gone too.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it was in the Nameless Lands. Am I wrong?

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not wrong, per se, just presumptuous. Although it is indeed possible.

It is incredibly hard to pin point a destination that Viktor and Flik travelled on. We know they started after the war, travelling to places unknown, although north always seems a safe bet.

However, they seem to have either doubled back for a spell or were incredibly bad at this whole travelling thing as nearly immediately after the incident involving Edge and his village, Viktor and Flik received word of the Harmonian invasion of the Dunan Republic's Higheast Province. So we at least know that the village Edge resided is in a reasonable distance from Higheast. After all, the attack was rounded up within the year and our dynamic duo got back in time to help out at least.

So, I guess there is a certain radius, emanating from Higheast where Viktor and Flik most likely were at the time of all this. They could have been in southern Harmonia, eastern Grassland, south west Tinto, extremely northern Toran and, but this is a reach, south east Nameless Lands.

Even if we could determine where Viktor and Flik were when they met Edge, it still would not help, however, explain where the duo went following the Higheast Rebellion. I'm sure Viktor was in no hurry to encounter "old buddy", the Star Dragon Sword again so we cannot presume they took up the exact same path, especially on a supposedly aimless journey.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, I thought I had read that somewhere, oh well. Oh, maybe I was thinking of the Blue Moon Village.

So Viktor gave the sword to Edge BEFORE the Harmonian invasion?

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, as the story goes, after helping Viktor and Flik help Edge clear off the nasty vampires making his home town village such a dreary dump, with the aid of the Rune of the Night making a cameo as the Star Dragon Sword, Viktor and Flik received word that the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia were marching on Higheast Province in what is known in Harmonia as the "Harmonian Southern Territory Reclamation".

In a rush to get to Higheast Province and help out the Dunan Republican Army, Viktor quickly palmed the Star Dragon Sword to Edge and immediately left with Flik for Higheast, getting there in time to contribute, wrap up the little war and walk away again, destination unknown.

Although I'm not sure how large a role they played. Shu seems to get all the credit for ending the conflict by stirring up trouble in Harmonia, forcing the Regional Army to withdraw back to Harmonia to deal with internal matters.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Although I'm not sure how large a role they played. Shu seems to get all the credit for ending the conflict by stirring up trouble in Harmonia, forcing the Regional Army to withdraw back to Harmonia to deal with internal matters.

Yeah, perhaps this means Viktor and Flik didn't even make it back to Dunan in time.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrmm, it is possible. But it is stated that Viktor and Flik did aid the war effort on behalf of the Dunan Republic during the Higheast Rebellion. To be honest, it is nothing major to latch on to. I would not give Viktor and Flik much overall credit for winning the Dunan Unification War but I could not reasonably claim that they were not there.

Given the distance and limitations of the Suikoden world, for news to arrive of the Higheast Rebellion, especially in the form of 'the man on the street', we still really cannot assume a radius much greater, if at all larger, than the one a certain member (hint: me) postulated above for Viktor and Flik's location at the time of hearing this. And we certainly would not want to if we want a prayer of even guessing a route for the dynamic duo.

To be honest, they were likely in the west and quite possibly in the Nameless Lands, it's just a natural fit. Although it is technically possible, they were most likely not in Senan or Dana in Toran. Harmonia is also possible, I guess. Grassland is unlikely, Edge surely would have been given a clan in that case. Tinto, perhaps....
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
getting there in time to contribute, wrap up the little war and walk away again, destination unknown.

thought their status after the highest rebellion was unknown, like unknown if they walked away from it or died?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They survived the Higheast Rebellion. Their status being unknown simply refers to the facts that we have no idea where they have gone or what they have done since then. Are they, by 478, wanderers still? Soldiers in an army? Politicians? Strategists? Infomercial hosts? Married, with children? Or, indeed, dead? We don't know.

But they did survive the 472 Higheast Rebellion. I would assume they are alive, without evidence to the contrary, but, indeed, their rotting skeletons could be lying at the bottom of a sewer beneath a Calerian brothel for all I, or anyone else, know.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, Edge is just wondering south of the Grassland looking for a foe now? Hmm, wonder if we've met this foe...

John Layfield wrote:
They survived the Higheast Rebellion. Their status being unknown simply refers to the facts that we have no idea where they have gone or what they have done since then. Are they, by 478, wanderers still? Soldiers in an army? Politicians? Strategists? Infomercial hosts? Married, with children? Or, indeed, dead? We don't know.

Wonder if Viktor or Flik married a woman named Peg and got their own theme music. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: