Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hockey: World Juniors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seen to me theres alot of bad goals being let in. That over time goal that Sweden score on Russia goalie was one. Do not get me wrong in was a good game. But the goalies are letting in some bad goals way to much as of late.

Right now Canada is up one none on the USA in the second period its a real close and good to was so far. Can not wait to see if canada can hang on to win it or will they *choke* and lose the game to the USA in the final period?
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Canada wins 4-1 and will play Sweden for the gold medal tommorrow,the USA must regroup and try to win the bronze medal.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mason was a pretty good choice afterall, I think.
Perhaps the loss to Sweden earlier in the tournament woke the Canadian's up, one can hope so anyway.

I'm looking forward to the rematch though. Go Canada! ^^ Not sure if Ill be home to see it, but here's hoping.

-My DeviantArt-
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hear you on that one. I will be at work till 2:30 and have not heard when the game will start at which sucks big time.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrm, you might miss a bit of it, but I imagine you'll be able to catch the last half or so. Well, if it's on the same time schedule as friday's games anyway.

The second game started at 3pm my time, so 2pm yours (I think). I'm sure you'll see some of it! I'll be seeing a movie at that time, so hopefully I have good news when I get out, haha.

I am hoping that USA wins the bronze at least, though. Still, Canada for gold!

-My DeviantArt-
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Canada is up 2-0 after the first period. So miss two goals that all. did not hear how the usa game when i let you know if i hear the score of it. Russia won it 4-2 over the USA game. Canada up 2-1 in the third period as of right now so far. Its 2-2 going to overtime four on four for 20:00 minutes first goal wins. Games starting to look like the first game they played each other all over again.*NOT* Canada wins it in OT 3-2 to win the the gold.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Canada stopped skating in the 3rd period and Sweden cameback and made things really close,i'm glad Canada was able to dodge a bullet and pulled it out in overtime.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought I'd missed this game completely, but I walked into the bar at the OT started, lucky me! I was happy to watch the end of the game there. Very close to having a replay of luck there, but our guys came out on top afterall, hooray!

Sorry to the USA who lost to Russia, though.

-My DeviantArt-
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i did see the USA vs Russia game. But by the score it looks like the USA team just give up once they out of the gold medal game but who know maybe i will see a replay of there game to find out for sure or not. Canada all most lose the game and got luck to win it at all the way they were playing in that third period. But they did win so way to go Canada.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm happy Giroux got gold and Kempe got Silver, VanRiemsdyk will get another chance next year if he's not coming over to the Flyers early I guess.

One player I was really impressed with while I was watching was Drew Doughty, wish we could draft him unfortunately he's probably something like a top 3 pick in this years draft and I hope the Flyers are drafting a fair bit later than that! He played pretty physical when needed and seemed to have some nice puck skills making a couple of good rushes up the ice, a transition defenceman able to play the body would be a great asset for any team, I think I'll watch him a bit more closely after this. Good player.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with you Exile,alot of teams needing to shore up their defence will be interested in Doughty so i wouldn't be surprised one bit if he goes in the top 3 like you say in this summer's entry draft.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mason answered his critics. A very solid preformance throughout. He did over play the tying goal, but I don't think that should be held against him. His emotions were running high, time was running out so when he slid, adrenelaine probably propelled him much farther than he wanted to go, thus taking him out of the play in case there was a rebound.

I think Doughty won best defencemen of the tourney. He was solid though. If he were drafted by the Leafs I think he'd instantly become our second best defenceman. I'm not saying tanking the season is good; for as bad as the Leafs are we're still within a shot at the playoffs.

... getting off topic....

4 years in a row. It's awesome. I think this team faced the most adversity of the previous 3 gold winners. They had questions in goal which is never the case with the Canadian teams; we always have strong goalies.

I think if the 3rd period had another 2 minutes in it, Sweden would have won Gold. They were pressing like crazy. I think the stoppage really hurt their momentum.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah he was named top defenceman but not actually named by Canada's coach as one of the top three players on the team, however Karl Alzner was ahead of him so a bit of inconsistency there. Here's a full list I nicked from someone's post on HFBoards.

Quote:
Three Best Players per team
(selected by the coaches)

Canada
Steve Mason, Karl Alzner, Shawn Matthias

Czech Republic
Michael Frolik, Jakub Sklenar, Antonin Boruta

Denmark
Philip Laursen, Mikkel Boedker, Lars Eller

Finland
Joonas Lehtivuori, Juuso Puustinen, Niclas Lucenius

Kazakhstan
Roman Savchenko, Yevgeni Rymarev, Yevgeni Bolyakin

Russia
Sergei Bobrovsky, Viktor Tikhonov, Evgeni Kubatov

Slovakia
Julius Hudacek, David Skokan, Milan Balis

Switzerland
Patrick Geering, Gregory Sciaroni, Pascal Berger

Sweden
Jhonas Enroth, Kristofer Berglund, Patrik Berglund

USA
James van Riemsdyk, Chris Summers, Colin Wilson

Best Players
(selected by Directorate)

Goalkeeper - Steve Mason, Canada
Defenseman - Drew Doughty, Canada
Forward - Viktor Tikhonov, Russia

Most Valuable Player - Steve Mason, Canada

Media All Stars

Steve Mason(CAN)
Victor Hedman(SWE), Drew Doughty(CAN)
Patrik Berglund(SWE), Viktor Tikhonov(RUS), James van Riemsdyk(USA)

Flyers prospects bolded!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: