Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hardest game you've played?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spirit Caster

68902 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised no one has said FF10 yet, it wasn't extremly hard but the only really hard boss I had alot of trouble with was Sin on your airship when you had to beat him in X amount of turns, but then again I was like around 12.

"Careful how you talk to me!!"
-Riou
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I share that oppinion, I found out hard when i neglected leveling in FF10 a while back.

I again say that Victorious Boxers is tough, very tough if you aint concentrating. I got the 2nd installment, theyve improved it again and the AI is so annoyingly good. So fun but frustrating in the same instance, i refuse to play on easy.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DarkCalibur

46980 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i havent really played that many games but im pretty sure the hardest game i played is either wild arms 4 or growlanser 5....the easiest Ar tonelico
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spirit Caster wrote:
I'm surprised no one has said FF10 yet, it wasn't extremly hard but the only really hard boss I had alot of trouble with was Sin on your airship when you had to beat him in X amount of turns, but then again I was like around 12.

The hardest part in FFX for me is when you have to beat the chocobo/baloon race in under 0 seconds. Until now, I've never ever successfully done it ^^. The battle is sometime difficult, but quite manageable.

FF8 is quite hard for me the first time I played, because I used encounter nothing almost all the time (I just wanted to proceed the story), I actually finished it at level 23.

Last edited by Kohaku on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Spirit Caster

68902 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the chocobo race was really hard in FFX, FFIX was hard at once point in the game, I remember the tree boss on like the third disc....I had some trouble with him a few tries but later on I mastered the rebirth ring right before the last boss so his ultimate killer move didn't kill me like it should have.

-Riou
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't want to put anyone down, but aside from like 2 battles where you need to alter equipment before fighting the bosses, Final Fantasy X was a walk in the park. Unless you are talking about the third of the game which is optional. Like all the Arena Bosses and all that massive side-quest crap.

The only really hard boss fight I found was the Seymour fight on Gagazet. If you didn't know he was going to do the zombie-raise combo you basically got your rear handed to you. For where that fight is in the game I can see that being a hard one, but if you prepare for it, its actually not that bad. None of the battles with Sin gave me much trouble. Probably because my Wakka was a freaking demon and both Lulu and Yuna were great with magic.

If you want to talk about a very difficult game, try Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn. Not an RPG, but a scrolling shooter. Its a very fun game, but really frustrating because of how the difficulty ramps up so quickly.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had any trouble with any bosses in FFX. I guess this is because, from the onset, I used everyone in every battle, and took full advantage of the sphere grid. My nephew had some trouble at times, but he wasn't properly leveled, and neglected the sphere grid (he skipped the tutorial). He also was using just the people who could beat the enemies on field, instead of everyone.

I did, however have a lot of trouble with Gale in Rogue Galaxy. That game has an annoying way of having enemies with only one weakness, but not giving you any hints about that.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I forgot Front Mission 4. The game itself started at a really competitive difficulty, and could become tediously hard if you try to unlock all the simulators.

Strangely, I didn't find VP 1 difficult. Different case for VP 2 though, especially at your first go at the game.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean, Valkyrie Profile Lenneth? I never played the first one, but it didn't seem hard to me. Just not enough direction in the beginning. Battle wise, not so hard.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you played without any guide or direction, the game could go randomly (the storyline and such, that is). But the boss battle, even the one that said to be the hardest (like against fafnir or fenrir), I usually got it done at the first try (except sometimes when I really couldn't read the boss' pattern).

Talking about hard, I just remembered another game, the first Tactical RPG I ever played, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (for Super Famicom, later released for PS1). It actually isn't that hard, but the leveling up through training (you'll know what I mean If you have played TO:Knight of Lodis for GBA) is really time consuming. I know some of my friends that stopped playing because of this. And, trying to finish the game without training is suicidal, but if you do have the time (A LOT of time) to level your character accordingly, it could be the easiest game you ever played.

Another one is my favorite Tactical RPG, Vandal Hearts II, simply because of the parallel movement between you and your enemy (it's hard to explain if you haven't played the game. You have to try it, one of my all time favorite ----ehm, for the storyline, that is. Gameplay wise, the first VH is better).

68902 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played the first one (Valkyrie Profile), didn't get very far into it because it was very confusing how the time passed in the game. But battle wise it was very easy.

-Riou
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FFX wasn't hard. well unless you were going after the dark summons and penance then yes it is hard.

the hardest game for me would be any real time strategy like red alert and stuff like that :oops: i know they aren't that hard but i suck at snap decisions. another hard series are the fire emblem games. but this is only if you plan on training every one you get and keeping them alive
Haroth

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Breath of Fire IV. It had a spiffy name other than "IV," but I can't remember it. All I do remember was that it was atrociously hard.

[size=120:17kvj9gq]Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mega Man 9. Give me an RPG over that anyday. At least you can level up if need be.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lufia II: Rise of the Sintrals. Anyone who's seen their puzzles and beat them without looking up the solutions and not taking months is amazing.

Other than that there's a few games that have some quirks that make them a bit harder to adapt too and might take longer but nothing incredibly hard.

Though the other one that sticks out in my mind is Hoshigami which was a srpg. I remember it being devilishly hard if you weren't good at those kind of games. Vandal Heart was too if you didn't know the strategies to each level.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: