Suikoden United and Illusional Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hardest game you've played?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Hey, they almost made it to America. They were going to release the Sega Ages versions of Phantasy Star 1-3 here in a single volume, but when they canned the Sega Ages remake of 4, it seems they gave up the idea of brining 1-3 out in English as well. :( Maybe with the complete collection there's a bit of a new hope?

Perhaps, if the Complete Collection gets a US release and enough people over here buy it. And as far as we know, the PSIV remake doesn't even exist; it would be nice to have Generation One and Two, but PSIV was by far the remake I was looking forward to the most. So it's still a pretty tall order. :(

Anyway, since FFX has been mentioned, one of the Seymour fights drove me absolutely insane for a while. The one on the mountain, I think. The only thing more frustrating was Blitzball; by no mere coincidence, I have no burning desire to replay the game anytime soon.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had no problems with the storyline of Final Fantasy X, and the battles and what not along with that, but found some of the minigames pretty cruel. (Negative time with Tidus? 200 dodges of lightning bolds? That damn butterfly one for Kimari that I never did do right...)

I think whether they remake Phantasy Star IV will depend on how well the new phantasy star games do. If the PSO-esque ones don't do well, then I can't see them taking the risk to bring them out here. Although I hope they do; IV is the one I've always wanted to play but never had a chance to. :( Have there been any releases since the Genesis ones at all?

...Man, I really should have bought PSU, huh?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Toy Story for the Genesis....that damn maze with RC.....I hated that with a passion....it was hard....I'd always run out of battery life right in front of the damn finish line...the controller got thrown a lot...I was like 8. :P I never forgot that though. That just shows how much I hated it and how hard it was.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was there something about Genesis Disney games that made them insanely hard?

I never played Toy Story, but oh, the lost time I spent trying desperately to get past level one in Agrabah in Alladin.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't played many games that you all would consider difficult, I suppose. I haven't played a lot of classic games, as I wasn't a gamer until 2001-2002, and I haven't even played Ninja Gaiden-- so there goes that! Out of the games I've played probably Xenogears is the most difficult. A couple of the bosses on Disc 2 were just ridiculous. Amphysvena followed by Opiomorph is just so freaking annoying, because that first gear can knock your gears all the way down to 1 HP. Just thinking about it enrages me. XD

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Umm...I've never been a power leveler or anything like that, but Final Fantasy X was not a challenge for me, especially since the game mechanics drove you to mantain the strength of all your characters at the same time. Even after Jecht was defeated, the last battle was not difficult. Maybe, I just didn't strengthen my Aeons enough throughout the game?

Edit: Sophita, maybe if the released a real Phantasy Star, it would succeed! Compared to Suikoden and Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star wasn't really such a great game, but it definately had some good points as a stand alone RPG. I very much enjoyed PSIII and PSIV, and the half of PSII that I played.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never had any problems with the core gameplay of FFX, but I agree with Sophita-- the minigames were brutal! Especially the 200 lightning bolt dodges. I was pretty terrible with that one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually found the Bolt Dodger fun, if not a bit tedious, though I'm a sucker for rhythm-based things!

Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm..Ghosts and Goblins was pretty damn hard. So was Super Ghouls N' Ghosts for that matter.. They've got to be near the top of my list. Ninja Gaiden II was pretty insane as well. I remember being like 7 or 8 and getting so frustrated from that game that I swore off video games for like 2 months. I have to throw Ogre Battle in their too. There was a hell of a lot to this game. If you didn't have the internet or a strategy guide, getting the best end to this game was pretty much impossible.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Delsaber, I absolutely remember the FFX fight against Seymour that you're referring to. That one was very difficult. I finally beat him after going online and getting a hint about mixing a couple of items that would allow you to poison him. It helps, but the fight is still a gigantic pain in the rear.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Was there something about Genesis Disney games that made them insanely hard?

Yes, yes there was! Bloody Aladdin! I could never beat that game, him and his stupid magic carpet! I hope him and that damn monkey are happy for causing me so much childhood trauma!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember playing the Aladdin game back when i was a kid. I never thought on the implications of cheating in the game at that time. But i do believe that i managed to get to the last boss without cheating. the only cheat code i knew was the one to finish a level. I do remember it being a hard game, but not unbeatable.

the hardest game for me would be....um, let me see...Vagrant Story. I have heard people were exacerabated at diffculty of this game. And they were right to be, this was a tough game, mainly because of the timing you had to pull off your simply melee moves, and you would not survive anywhere without any skill in counterattacking your opponents moves. I died countless times, but i did manage to beat it. And it was a truly kickass game! I hope that a sequel will be made soon, very soon. I absolutely loved it!! Everyone must try this game out, in spite of its difficulty.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I had to cheat to get to the end of Lion King, too.

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cannot think of any game I've played that had insane difficulty. I guess Devil May Cry on hard mode kicked my ass, but that's mainly because I picked it up after a year or two of not playing it and was rather rusty.

I would however say that any game developers that put a color-coded mini-game in are jerks. I could not do the millennium puzzles in Wild Arms 3 because two colors of the blocks were identical for me. Once I knew which blocks went with each other, the puzzles were cake, but it took me way too long to figure that stuff out on just one puzzle. As much as I love this spatial-oriented puzzles, I don't have that kind of time. The butterfly game in FFX was just as bad. Not only did all of the butterflies look alike, but they looked the same color as the background so usually I didn't even see them. When I did see them, my depth perception was all kinds of wacky. I got irritated with strike zones in the original Shadow Hearts too. The red on grey made it impossible for me to see the red if it was too narrow. Even turning up the color on my tv to "radiation" didn't help. I asked my friend where the red part was on one of the lotteries because I couldn't see it. He pointed it out plain and simply, but not without laughing at me first. :(

Dodging lightning was easy. In fact, I was just dodging away and then decided it was taking too long so I quit and went back to claim a prize and it turns out I dodged something like 250 without realizing it. I guess I zoned out or something. >_>

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fudozukushi wrote:
7th Saga. Anyone who plays it KNOWS WHY!
Oh so true! I recently played it again and cheated my ass off to auto level everyone in my party (aka. me and one other person . . .) and I still couldn't beat it because you have to fight a character who matches your level and abilities. So levelling is irrelavent. No fair!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: