Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hardest game you've played?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Hardest game you've played? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty self-explanatory. As a gamer, have you ever played a game that was just too hard for you to finish? Or maybe there's one you finally completed after countless hours of trying? One I'll toss out there for discussion is the PS2 version of Shinobi. I've had this game for about 4 years now, and I'm still saved on level 6-A (I believe it goes to 8-B). Frankly, I'm amazed I made it that far. I love popping it in and trying my luck, but I die... a lot. ;)
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Commandos 2 : Men of Courage was an incredibly difficult game if you tried to play the 'correct' way.

It was incredibly satisfying to sneak past german patrols but most of the time it would only take one sighting to turn the game into a total shoot out. Still alot of fun but there are still missions on the game that are too hard to complete using stealth.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninja Gaiden(NES/Virtual Console) this game is so frustrating and unfair.. What were they thinking
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

7th Saga. Anyone who plays it KNOWS WHY!

Tales of the Abyss: On Unknown mode, all enemy stats are increased by 3.5. And using Abyss' stupid damage formula, you only do 1 damage a hit to the first boss. Who has over 10,000 HP!

Last edited by Fudozukushi on Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hardest game you've played? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BlackKnightYuber wrote:
Pretty self-explanatory. As a gamer, have you ever played a game that was just too hard for you to finish? Or maybe there's one you finally completed after countless hours of trying? One I'll toss out there for discussion is the PS2 version of Shinobi. I've had this game for about 4 years now, and I'm still saved on level 6-A (I believe it goes to 8-B). Frankly, I'm amazed I made it that far. I love popping it in and trying my luck, but I die... a lot. ;)

You beat me to the punch. Shinobi was ridiculous! Hell, it wasn't even worth it! Yuber, this game was so evil that I shelved it for an entire year after I purchased it in 2003. I eventually beat it after a night or two of "hardcore" gaming in 2004, but the ending kind of sucked. My goal was to get Joe Musashi (the original Shinobi), but after getting to the final boss with Moritsune (and dying), I decided to find something else to play. Shinobi taught me a very important lesson. If I want a Shinobi fix, I will hook up my Genesis.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hear ya, Thor.  Still, I do really enjoy Shinobi, for some odd reason. I guess it's the sheer coolness of Hotsuma and the flowing scarf of awesomeness that draws me in. But you're right, the difficulty level is insane.  I can't tell you how long it took me to finally beat that moth-lady boss on 4-B.  You know, the one you have to fight over a pit of molten lava?  Often, I complain about certain games being too easy.  Not this one! ;)

Last edited by BlackKnightYuber on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikaruga. Damn it's hard!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
7th Sage. Anyone who plays it KNOWS WHY!

Sage or Saga?

Any MMO has a level of difficulty and length unique to the genre. Aside from FFXI, I havent seen many difficult games recently. All the rereleases of classics are watered down to a pathetic degree these days, and that's the same of new games as well. Hell, the only time in the last 5 years I've been "stuck" on a game was the Ice Dragon in Suikoden 3.

It really pisses me off.

22146 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

7th Saga, of course. That's not a game, that's a punishment...

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:
7th Sage. Anyone who plays it KNOWS WHY!

Sage or Saga?

I meant Saga. I swear!
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In terms of general difficulty, most older RPGs kick my ass until I'm wearing it as a hat. Go ahead, just try to get through Phantasy Star III without quitting forever. I'll wait.

...but if we're talking destroying controllers in frustration kind of difficulty, most 2D fighters do this to me, particularly Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers 2 and Street Fighter III: Third Strike.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In that case, I laugh heartily at you. I played it on SNES at first so I'm well aware of how hard it is, but when I got the urge to play it again, I downloaded it for an emulator. That certainly makes things alot easier in terms of runes being stolen.

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Twisted metal black is hard unless you use cheats.
There is this one game i have i belive its called "R type final" its very hard, you play as any chosen spaceship and you fight countless other space enemies and such each level, but you cannot get healed and you cant save what level you are on.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just can't win two straight rounds against the pc in turbo speed on Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

It's just impossible.

I remember that 7th saga crap, I used some demon asswhipe... man he sucked. What a hard game.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You never beat Phantasy Star III? Perhaps it's because it was my very first RPG, but I didn't have any trouble playing through it! Several times, in fact. I saved at each bride selection so I could play all four potential paths.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: