Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jade Empire 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Jade Empire 2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This little bit of news came right under the radar with the holiday season in full swing. Anyone who has been a big fan of BioWare know and played pretty much all of their titles going all the way back to their PC titles like Baldur's Gate. One of their more experimental outings had been their original IP, []bJade Empire[/b] which BioWare opted to develop instead of working on the sequel to Knights of the Old Republic. This Asian-themed action rpg was an Xbox-exclusive which sold quite well for that console.

From Dean Takahashi's Mercury News blog we now get news that BioWare is at work on the sequel to Jade Empire and that the sequel will definitely be coming to the 360. Any hints that it will be exclusive to that particular console hasn't been made, but with EA having bought bioWare/Pandemic for close to 900 million dollars it will really be hard for EA not to port the title later on to the PS3 in order to maximize revenues and profits on a popular and up-and-coming franchise. Microsoft may end up having to pay a pretty penny to keep this title exclusive and with their cash reserves it's not out of the realm of possibility that they'll pay for either timed or out and outright full exclusive rights to the title.

Jade Empire 2 is coming to the 360

Anyone else play the first title?

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, and it was the worst Bioware game of all time.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I didn't think it was that bad. For an action-style rpg they got the controls down pretty well. I never had a major problem switching from the many different styles of attacks to chain combos together. Now when compared to past BioWare titles which took a more traditional rpg route it does come up short. But I thought BioWare was pretty good to try something new and still stick to levelling mechanics they've been finetuning since Baldur's Gate.

If I had any complaint with the game it would be the short playing time. I think only Fable disappointed me more in terms of how short the game was. The storyline they came up with was actually quite good and the surprise 2/3's into the game was more than just a twist but put a whole new spin on the story prior to it. I'm going to assume that they'll be using the dialogue engine they created for Mass Effect and make the Open Palm and Closed Fist paths even more interchangeable for the sequel.

Another thing about the game which I was really impressed with was the soundtrack. Jack Wall has been doing some great work in terms of game soundtracks and his last two for BioWare (Mass Effect and Jade Empire) gives some new blood to the usual classical soundtracks usually composed for rpgs.

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Yes, and it was the worst Bioware game of all time.
That may be true, but that's like saying cherry is the worst pie.

It may not be as good as apple, or cheesecake, but it's still pie, and as such is pretty darn good.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: