Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Norma - A new recurring character?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Norma - A new recurring character? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone who's played Suikoden V and gotten Norma can tell she's going to be in an upcoming game with Levi and Ernst trying to figure out how to fix Ernst's condition by the ending. But at one point, around the time you acquire her, she mentions something about having been in a similar castle before. That implies that she may be in not just one upcoming game, but two - one past, one present.

I have high hopes for her. Her pursuit of the power behind runes could lead her to some places we've always wondered about. What do you think?

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I can't say that I recall her saying that, but then again it has been some time since I played the game, and Norma wasn't high on my list of characters to pay attention to. I guess it takes them actually showing up in a sequel, or prequel before I take notice of them. It's usually then that I'll look back at the game I first saw them in to try and piece things together. That said, I do like the occasional recurring character beyond the usual Viki and Jeane (although Viki is all I need in each game :) ) so provided there's a good story involved with it, I'd welcome more of Norma and Ernst.

~Uguu!~
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could imagine both as sidekicks( best friend/ protector status) so that position would be less of a clishé for the next game.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Ernst ever comes back, I want that rune of his to be overhauled. "Resounding Roar" was just a cheap way to win easily.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Well, I can't say that I recall her saying that, but then again it has been some time since I played the game

You have to actually go out of your way to talk to her in her room, so it would be easy to miss.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Assuming that the translators did not "spice up" her lines with unnecessary reference add-ons, like they did with Childerich's entire character.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd also see that quote of hers as more of an indication that the ruins she visited with Ernst were Sindarin (just as your castle was) than any real indication that she's fought in a war before.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think norma will be a recurring character as well, although i didnt know she said that she has been in a castle like the prince's castle, but isnt it possible that she could be refferring to stormfist's castle? or a king's castle in armes?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The quote was something like "This castle... it's just like... no, it couldnt be..." so if I'm right then she's the first character besides Viki to catch on that something weird is going on.

Besides, you know she's screwed with runes before, or Ernst wouldnt be the way he is.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is so opinionated and vague that you can't possibly measure it in a meaningful or remotely accurate way. Being the "first" or "second" in the manner that you've described is entirely subjective and subsequently pointless.

Again, that quote looks like she's remarking on how the castle and the ruins seem to look the same, due to their origin.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It starts with just a bit of curiosity. And she didnt seem to give much of a damn about the sindar, or even show any signs of knowing they exist.

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This has to be one of the dumbest things I ever heard. She's a shoe-in in a future installment because she has a trail-off ending? Newsflash, there's like 30 people in the series that has that and have yet to return to finish it.

The ending is just a quick quip about what they do after the war, ridiculously short in fact. It in no way guarantess that she'll be back. She might, she might not. Her ending is proof of neither.

And the castle... uhm, yeah. See this isn't particularily complicated. See the castle is a Sindar ruin, Norma found Ernsts rune in a ruin that was most likely Sindar on account of Sindar being the ones that take an interest in special runes and leaving ruins behind. See the connection?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well aren't you the kind one? Of course she'll be back at LEAST once, there's no reason a star of destiny wouldn't wind up back with the hero when she's in the country of Zelant, somewhere we haven't seen yet.

Geeze seriously what's with you?

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that her appearing in another suikoden is definatly a possibility, but it might be another one of thoes bits of character information that are established but never really built onto, like Mike in SIII and I'm sure there are others.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
It starts with just a bit of curiosity. And she didnt seem to give much of a damn about the sindar, or even show any signs of knowing they exist.

It doesn't matter if she's aware of the Sindar or not. If I were to show you two pyramids, regardless of your familiarity with ancient Egypt, you'd get the impression that they were made by the same people (of course, Egypt's a bit more complex because of the different eras and kingdoms, but whatev). That's what I'm getting at.

Also, Raww, do not go into threads and call people or their ideas "dumb." If you disagree, voice it, but do not throw petty insults. This is your only warning in this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: