Suikoden United and Illegal Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tales of Vesperia
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Tales of Vesperia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like Namco-Bandai has a new rpg set for release sometime around 2008 as a follow-up to Eternal Sonata. Production I.G. looks to be involved in the design aspects of the game and once again they're using the cel-shaded style that was used in Eternal Sonata. The upcoming rpg's title is Tales of Vesperia.

Trailer for the game below.

Tales of Vesperia 720p trailer

Tales of Vesperia trailer on YouTube

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have my fingers crossed that it'll be for the PS3. >_>

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it looks like it will be both for both the 360 and the PS3. The question now is which gets it first.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there a source? I assumed both trailers were the same so I just watched the youtube one and didn't see 360 or PS3 anywhere, and the video description didn't seem so sure either. I'll watch the other trailer.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This doesn't have anything to do with Eternal Sonata. It's another "Tales of..." game.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the "Tales of..." series. Very fun games. Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia, and Tales of Phantasia were all pretty damn good, and most of the other games in the series were quite enjoyable. So, of course I'm pretty excited for the newest main franchise installment to the series. The fact that it won't be a PS3 exclusive, and also will be coming to my comfy 360 is nice-- because it gives me less of an incentive to go out and waste 400 dollars.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like a bland Eternal Sonata. Unless I see something interesting, I'll probably pass.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Always the pessimist, Leb. Not that it's a bad thing, we need an occasional look at the half empty glass.

I'm a big fan of the Tales of ... series because they are always a fun and quality game that doesn't take itself too seriously. I didn't see any "Coming to PS3" or anything, and looking at the graphics, the quality is on par with Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Legendia. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last Tales game we see on the PS2. I could be way wrong, but I hope it's for the PS2 because if its for thePS3 or 360 I won't be getting it until one defines itself as the premier system for RPGs.

I noticed the world in the video more resembles Legendia, but the characters and spells remind me more of Abyss. Either way I am happy.

On a side note, this post was made on my Wii's Opera browser, so please disregard any typis I made because it is incredibly hard to type with speed and accuracy. I type as fast as I can on this thing and even short posts take forever.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'll be PS3! I know it! :mrgreen:

It gotta be... :wink:
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PS3 or 360. That obviously cannot be a Wii game. Namco Bandai has been showing support for the 360, this might be a possible new RPG for the 360. It might not be a smart move to do it, but Tales of games never sold too much anyway. :/

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
Production I.G. looks to be involved

That is natural, actually, since Production I.G. has been making the animated opening sequence of the Tales series since Tales of Phantasia. That means all of them.

Hmm, judging from the style, the character designer seems to be Kosuke Fujishima (Phantasia, Symphonia, Abyss). It is nice to see him doing the work once again, as I like his artstyle better then Mutsumi Inomata's.

And at last, the main series comes back to home console! After Tempest and Innocence, I fear that it would stay long in the handheld business. Tales Studio seem to be quite productive, considering that Innocence was just released less than a month ago.

The "Project Vesperia" tag at the beginning of the trailer worries me, though. Are they planning to create a number of expansions and spin-offs to the universe? If so, collecting them would be difficult. Moreso if we consider the fact that not even all the main titles of the series reach the American shore. As if enticing us with Tales of Fandom and Tales of Mobile is not enough.

Then again, if they do plan to revisit the world, it would not be the first time. There are already Destiny and Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk...

Demon Eyes Kyo wrote:
PS3 or 360. That obviously cannot be a Wii game.

I am not so sure about that. The graphical quality of Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk for the Wii is pretty similar.

As an unrelated side note, typing those made me realize how unfair the repulsion the Final Fantasy series get for making those compilations and remakes, while many other popular series do the same. Final Fantasy simply has been around longer than most of the others.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
Hmm, judging from the style, the character designer seems to be Kosuke Fujishima (Phantasia, Symphonia, Abyss). It is nice to see him doing the work once again, as I like his artstyle better then Mutsumi Inomata's.

I don't know why people prefer this dude's artwork. His designs are particularly uninspired, and I find the characters to be blending in with all the other ho-hum character designs that are spawned from Japanese RPGs. Inomata, with the exception of some of her work in Eternia (Reed, mostly) and all of it in Destiny 2 (Kyle, Loni, Reala), has created some really interesting characters. Rebirth's cast is probably her best work, with guys like Veigue and Tytree looking pretty damn unique. Tales of Innocence also has pretty good designs. Just... her initial artwork has giant-eye syndrome.

Quote:
And at last, the main series comes back to home console! After Tempest and Innocence, I fear that it would stay long in the handheld business. Tales Studio seem to be quite productive, considering that Innocence was just released less than a month ago.

I'm a little surprised since Bandai-Namco just came out a few months ago and declared that the DS would be home to most all main series entries in the series.

And I believe Tales Studio didn't handle Innocence.

Quote:
The "Project Vesperia" tag at the beginning of the trailer worries me, though. Are they planning to create a number of expansions and spin-offs to the universe?

I wouldn't worry about it. Tales of Legendia was labeled "Project Melfes" when it was first shown off, in a teaser video on the PSP no less. It doesn't mean anything.

Quote:
I am not so sure about that. The graphical quality of Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk for the Wii is pretty similar.

That's quite true. This game looks like a very slightly more polished Knight of Ratatosk, and that's why my initial comment seemed so pessimistic. The game is unlikely to be a Wii title (just because of it having a Tales game in development already), and there's so little effort in graphical enhancements.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion are the Tales of studios working on to many different titles. I mean I'm still waiting for an Tales of Tempest and Tales of Destiny 2 outside Japan release and also there are still Tales of Symphonia 2, Tales of Innoncence and another title in the making. It's just a pity, because I think Symphonia and Vesperia probably will be the only titles with an oversea release.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:

I don't know why people prefer this dude's artwork. His designs are particularly uninspired, and I find the characters to be blending in with all the other ho-hum character designs that are spawned from Japanese RPGs. Inomata, with the exception of some of her work in Eternia (Reed, mostly) and all of it in Destiny 2 (Kyle, Loni, Reala), has created some really interesting characters. Rebirth's cast is probably her best work, with guys like Veigue and Tytree looking pretty damn unique. Tales of Innocence also has pretty good designs. Just... her initial artwork has giant-eye syndrome.

A matter of preference, really. I have problems with the giant-eye syndrome and, while I think her design of Destiny is great, I was diappointed with Eternia and Destiny 2. Rebirth is indeed great (though I personally do not like Tytree's design) but Tempest was pretty uninspired. Innocence is very fresh, even though that is partly because of the setting.

Kosuke's artworks, on the other hand, have been progressing steadily since the first installment. Sure Phantasia is pretty bland (with Mint being the worst of them all); it actually possesses the most realistic assortment of costumes compared to all of the series, but at the cost of them being unmemorable. However, the cast of Symphonia are very vibrant and Abyss is his best work to date (with the exception of Luke; he is painful to see).

Quote:
I'm a little surprised since Bandai-Namco just came out a few months ago and declared that the DS would be home to most all main series entries in the series.

And I believe Tales Studio didn't handle Innocence.

Then they reduced Tempest to be a mere side-title. Poor it...

Ah, indeed Tales Studio did not handle Innocence! That explains the very narrow gap in the date. Knights of Ratatosk is apparently not being handled by them, either.

Quote:

That's quite true. This game looks like a very slightly more polished Knight of Ratatosk, and that's why my initial comment seemed so pessimistic. The game is unlikely to be a Wii title (just because of it having a Tales game in development already), and there's so little effort in graphical enhancements.

Well, the Tales series are never famous of their graphical prowess, after all. The first title for PS2, Destiny 2, made little inprovements from Eternia besides the framerate...

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks interesting it will be worth a look once I gey hold of a PS3. About time an rpg is out on both 360 and PS3.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: