Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Silverberg pedigree
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Silverberg pedigree Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there an official or unofficial(at least) pedigree (chart) of the Silverberg family?
I already searched for it but there are so many result that I didn't found any similiar thread on the first 5 pages.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I recall clearly, there is one printed in one of the Suikoden III based publications. Naturally, any newer Silverbergs are excluded, i.e. Elenor.

That's where we first learned of the name of Caesar and Albert's father.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It may not be official but the short lived 'Geneology' section on Their Star/Due Fiumi (I felt it encroached too much on this site's Legacies section so it was removed) had the following chart below for the Silverberg entry. Note that this chart does not include Silverberg trained strategists such as Apple or Shu.

Lines indicate a direct relationship either via offspring or marriage. Dots represent an unknown period of time and generations. '???' represents someone unknown, usually in this case a Silverberg's wife. The chart is organised based on birth date so the nearer the bottom you go the younger the Silverberg.

I hope this helps.

One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mathiu and odessa have a younger sibling?

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, they do. Information on this "lost Silverberg" is extremely limited. All that is known is that he is alive. Oh, and a male.

At the time, people who knew of this younger sibling of Mathiu and Odessa, through Japanese publications, assumed or at least theorised that the lost Silverberg would appear in Suikoden III but, of course, that did not happen.

Will he ever be mentioned again? I don't know but I would imagine he's long forgotten by series writers by now. Don't hold your breath on seeing him anytime soon, I don't even know if he's actually a strategist like his siblings.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I don't even know if he's actually a strategist like his siblings.

I would not really say that Odessa was a strategist. I know she was the leader of the rebels but i thought what's his name was the strategist.

Edit: What's his name being Sanchez but the Suikox profile says he was just a "Financial Officer". I am not entirely sure that fits with his role later in the game, when he seems, to me at least, more of a secondary stratgist.

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think the rebels had a named strategist at that point. Odessa probably served as the de facto strategist, since she was the unquestioned leader of the rebels.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Odessa Silverberg has had some training in strategy from Mathiu Silverberg prior to the Kalekka Incident but, you are right, she would not be considered a traditional Silverberg military strategist.

Sanchez was mainly a fiscal officer but I'm sure, like most major officers (Viktor, Flik and Humphrey Mintz) he chipped in suggestions and opinions. Not enough to be considered a military strategist in any sense of the word however.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as the unknown sibling of Odessa and Mathiu, there is also an interesting theory about him being Rikimaru, and his actual name being Richard Silverberg, but again, this is just a theory. It's only based on the fact that -maru means something like alter ego or secret identity, and the small tidbits of back story we get for Rikimaru.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was George ever mentioned?
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looking at Due Fiumi's pedigree there, it's confirmed that Elenor is definitely a generation bridge between Julian and the later Silverbergs?

What happened to that site anyway?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had problems with our hosts, GoDaddy so I took my ball and went home. Well, not really went home, moved hosts. Since then we've been working on getting the site back up with some actually new features rather than just being a copy of this site or the 'Source. It will be awesome, honest.

It may, may, be back up by the new year but that depends on whether I work on it like the dickens or not. Hardly a guarantee given the busy Christmas season.

EDIT: Oh, yes, right, George Silverberg. There isn't much information on him, I'm afraid. Well, the Suikoden III manga mentions that he is indeed a strategist a skilled one at that. Besides that I don't really have much more information on him, sorry. He's Leon son, has two children and appears to be at least competent at military strategy.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love it if Suikoden VI could reveal to us some previously mentioned, yet never seen characters.  George Silverberg springs immediately to mind, whether he's working for you or for the enemy.  Then there's Odessa and Mathiu's brother.  Who knows if he is even a strategist?  Personally, I'd hope that he's more like Odessa, since there are just so many Silverberg strategists as it is.  Only this time, have this character be an actual, playable SoD that lives to fight another day.  Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Roundier Haia. Not to trail too far off topic, but we could use another male Falcon Rune user, since Belcoot was such a dissapointment in this regard, in my opinion.  Just my 2 cents.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about having an strategist who can actually fight? Think of the Rikimaru speculation and imagine someone like him plus beeing an strategist.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A fighting strategist would be an interesting twist. Of course, as strategists go, they're usually seen as far too valuable to risk their lives on the battlefield. Of course, if said strategist is an absolute hothead that wants to fight, that would be intriguing for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: