Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Style sets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Style sets Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since there's no suggestion forum that I'm aware of I'm throwing this up here. What would be the possibility of Suikox switching over to a wintery theme for the holidays? If most people here are anything like me blue on black gets old after a while. On the other forums I visit that have multiple layouts available I switch up the backdrop regularly to whatever color scheme best reflects the season. So, do you suppose semi-seasonal color schemes might be an option here? I think it would be nice to have a light instead of dark theme for a change, you know, with a snowflake in the corner or something. These colors are awfully dismal for this time of the year.

I know the process of making and implementing a new style set only takes about two hours on vBulletin if you know what you're doing. I'm not sure how phpBB works, but it can't be much more complicated. I realize the staff here are pretty busy, just thought I'd throw it out there in case no one had thought of it before.
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not such a bad idea ... but all we have to do is leave it to their hands unless they want help :wink: ... wish i could but i lack experience! ¬.¬
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if someone wants to put together a theme and send it to me (IE: post a link to the archive) I'll see what I can do. I unfortunately do not have enough free time to make a theme from scratch.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

one of my other forums had a feature that made it look like it was snowing on the screen. I dont know how that would work on here or if people would like that.

shad your other forum is prob an invision free or similar forum with the same coding I assume. Those are usually easy to change skins around

kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i always wanted more skins!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IMO many skins is the sign of a board that can't be entertaining without gimmicks. I just realized recently that this forum has a hideous color scheme, but I love it all the same. The office version of this is really nice though.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the office theme is pretty sharp, but it does not have the little characters on the buttons. It also makes all the invisible/black text clearly visiable =P

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Visible avatars and signatures for the Office skin!

>_>

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'll defeat the purpose of the office skin if we have avatars, signature banners, and other graphic stuff that will make it look like your doing something non-work-related. I developed that skin specifically so I can work on this site while I'm at work.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had never thought of it like that before. Haha, what a good idea =P I'll have to keep that in mind in the future.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The office one is pretty nice if you can live without avatars and signatures. Loads quick too, I bet. :P

I prefer it when a board's skin matches the main site it belongs to, but other than that I don't have much a preference. I do think black-on-white is easier to read for hours than white-on-black, though; not sure why. Other than that, it doesn't bother me. I don't tend to even change if one is offered for most boards; I'm either just that lazy or once I find where everything is, I don't feel like changing it much.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: