Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A split in the Island Nations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: A split in the Island Nations? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm playing Suikoden V again and being going over the details ruthlessly, and I came on an interesting quote from someone in Estrise early in the game. There was a random citizen who said she wanted to see the Island Nations Federation AND the Kingdom of Obel. Is that the way the government there works, or was there some sort of rift between Obel and INF that happened somewhere in the gap between the games?

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember something like that, I thought they meant they wanted to go to the Island Nations and visit the "capital" Obel, may just be another translation error?

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Island Nations Federation is more of a military alliance than a country from what I can tell.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A federation is typically a loose union of autonomous or semi-autonomous states that have some sort of council or ruling body at the top to keep the federation together.

In the case of the Island Nations Federation, you have a bunch of nations within (hence, "Island Nations") which are members of the Obel Maritime Council. The Kingdom of Obel is one of the members of the council (and thus the Federation).
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Island Nations Federation is a pretty loose federation. They share only the same military and foreign policy. But in terms of domestic policy, the islands are close to an independent country.
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I remember something like that, I thought they meant they wanted to go to the Island Nations and visit the "capital" Obel, may just be another translation error?

i thought so too

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: