Suikoden United and Irrational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 4 for ps2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Persona 4 for ps2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got the game, but I don't feel like i can play it with this atmosphere. Persona has become a sort of symbol of freedom to me, since I first played it in my first days away from home, and I still remember playing Persona 2 Tsumi on my laptop there as though it happened yesterday. I decided to go to a local campus for a semester though, so I'm home for another month or so now.

So whenever I try to turn the game on, I feel guilty for not waiting a month to get the full enjoyment out of the game, and can't properly enjoy the game.

This freaking sucks.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Persona 4 for ps2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got it in the mail today from amazon for free through my job, it came with the artbook just like Eternal Poison did. The art looks cool, seem like there are more girls this time which is good, although it's a little weird that all the male characters have an artwork in female clothing, and the blonde/mascot guy looks exactly like a girl, how's the soundtrack? P3's was okay but too werid for me to listen to outside of playing the game. I am so tempted to play it but I just don't have time, I probably won't be able to check it out until when I get a second used copy or if I load it on HDL.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Persona 4 for ps2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I've played 60 something hours in...wooooooooooooot~

[quote="jjrrs":2dcfhd0l]\although it's a little weird that all the male characters have an artwork in female clothing

That's totally a game spoiler....didn't you see the warning on the first page of the art book? xD

In terms of the soundtrack....I think it's pretty good =) I was listening to the whole thing while trying to draw something and there wasn't any particular tracks that I went "OH GAWD...*skip* " like I did with Persona 3's soundtrack

although..........NOW there IS a particular BGM I'm sick of....but that's probably cuz in the game I keep going back to the dungeon that has that BGM and...I hallucinate things from the game when I hear it now xD xD xD

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had the chance to play about 15 or so hour in, and it's pretty fantastic. Kanji's dungeon is perhaps the most ingenious dungeon ever devised for an RPG. It's wonderful. XD

With Winter break approaching I expect to have time to play a lot of it. :)

About the soundtrack-- there are a couple songs that are incredibly catchy, and I have found myself humming them periodically today.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahaha....I remembered wrong....I'm actually like....around the 80hrs point now 8D

And I'm like....literally...a few in-game days away from the end of the game....though that doesn't mean much cuz
unlike P3 you don't get "tired" or anything and literally could be training in the dungeons for hours and hours....ESPECIALLY after you meet a certain someone that let's you heal your SP while you're "in the dungeons" .....in exchange for money though.

Big warning for those not that far yet though....There are two S.Links that are NO LONGER AVAILABLE at a certain part of the game (If you asked me around where....I'm probably estimate...EH....80% into the game perhaps....or 50-60hrs? depends on if you're rushing or not though...)
....and they're semi irregular s.links (meaning they're not guaranteed to be available every Monday...or something like that, etc)...plus they require certain personal stats to be REALLY HIGH...(which ended up leading to my downfall for one of em Dx *sobs* )

....oh....speaking of personal stats.....fyi: there's 5 of em in this game....more than P3....

But wooooooooot~ My first playthrough and I think I'm only gonna MISS OUT maxing...*counts* FOUR S.LINKS!
.....................wait....I still feel lame about that xp

Ahh.....but P4 is just so darn plain funny in some parts xD I'd be laughing my head off so hard at some of the 'events' heheh
"IRON CHEF! OMELET BATTLE!"

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for double-post but...

FYI~ Thought I'd say....I've beaten the game a few days ago (didn't think anyone would ask me...so didn't think about posting about it before...)

Total play time of about 91 hours...and that includes beating the bonus dungeon to get the True Ending.
I totally missed out on maxing 4 S.Links like I predicted.....And I apparently missed triggering an optional Naoto-related cutscene (which kinda made me peeved)...er but anything I say beyond that would be spoiler <___<;

but yar....liked it so much I dived straight into a second playthrough without hesitation.
Haha.....despite picking the same difficulty setting it strangely feels harder....probably cuz I'm rushing through it this second time....Already played up to July month lol ((The game starts on April month)) so....haha

Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Persona 4 for ps2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i already play this game.. and got a bad ending U_U.. but luckily you can play NEW GAME++ with full courage , diligence , impression , understanding and knowledge.. i dont need to worry about that for now just concentrate on s. Link and story .

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Persona 4 for ps2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally got a used second copy on sale today for like $20, been checking everyday for it and all of a sudden 2 popped up just before christmas so I'm pretty happy about finding it, too bad I still can't get a second artbook...

Less than 2 hours in and it seems like a darker story than P3, I'm kind of glad that the main character is not always regarded as good looking and super cool by everyone in the game like the P3 dude, since that's pretty cliche and feels kind of lame. I heard many times the start of this game is very long, but so far it is more interesting than the early stages of P3.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

huh....I thought P3 had a more darker story overall compared to P4 if you ask me

[spoiler:33phbspp]At least the P4 hero doesn't "die" at the end of the story like the P3 hero >.>
And everybody (in P4) is pretty much alive/well and happy-happy at the end.[/spoiler:33phbspp]
though I agree the s.link related stories seem a little more depressing this time around...

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard good stuff about this game from a friend, and with me missing out on Persona 3 (well, MOST of it), it's piqued my interest. Is it worth getting my PS2 fixed for a relatively cheap fee? I've been looking at screenshots here and there, and liked what I saw.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is most definitely worth it. My favorite game of the year, for sure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Archy":2ebxqe3j]Is it worth getting my PS2 fixed for a relatively cheap fee? I've been looking at screenshots here and there, and liked what I saw.
Or if you have a PS3 already...

but yeah...P4 is pretty sweet 8-)
Has quite a few gameplay improvements over P3 but the story is still equally as good (or maybe even surpasses) P3's

Malvagio

Liberatori di Inferno

26524 Potch
63 Soldiers
123938 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Persona 4 for ps2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nicol you would be the first to finish XD. Now I am envious since my PS2 from like December 1999 fuse has burnt out and have yet to purchase a new system. So I haven't been graced to be able to play Persona 4 since now just own a Wii system. Is it better then Persona 3 at least? I mean I thought 3 was okay but some elements from Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment weren't added in so I was feeling mediocre till I beat 3.

But I wanna know if it is worth it so I can buy a PS2 which is like $100 something retail and play Persona 4. I definitely enjoy the series the most and can't wait too see what they bring in the upcoming years with our technology. :)

"Devoted Protector of Lord Logg and Lady Valeria"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: