Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Persona 4 for ps2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaolin_swordsman

47140 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

P4 looks mindblowing. Want it NOW!
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh...unfortunately, unless you know Japanese you're probably in for a wait.

The heavens are trying to teach you patience.
shaolin_swordsman

47140 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not too long though I don't think, probs late 2008, early 2009. Being reasonable, I'd say Feb next year. Apparently though, P3 took way longer to translate and such like than any other SMT game. Some people have mentioned that this was due to various programming changes they had to make in order for the english text to suit. Obviously with the engine having already been built and in place for P4, this won't happen again.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They'll probably have some problems like that if they don't just put in subtitles for some of the cinematics. Like in the trailer when the guy looks at his cell phone, it seemed to pause for a second indicating that there was some significance to the message. They'd have to do something for moments like that.

I would say your next year statement would be closest. P3 took like a year to come out in the US after the Japanese release, and P4 isn't due out in Japan until like August of this year. I'd hate to be the pessimist, but I'd bank on summer of next year rather than spring.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Equus wrote:
The heavens are trying to teach you patience.

Damn you heavens!

Looks good, wonder if it'll get to Europe.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NA - December 9, 2008.

Better than P3's 13 month wait. I just hate how everyone whines that they make too much Persona installments so quickly because of it.

Pic. Same cover so far~

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks nice but I still have some fear...

I'm hoping that this does not turn out like Suikoden has. Think about it.

First two Persona/Suikoden games: Solid
Third: They change things up, people who are new to Suikoden/Persona series choose these as their prefer style because it their first time playing the series.
Suikoden 4&5: In an effort to bring back old fans they try to make the old new again.

While they are changing things from the first two...we'll see. I personally liked P3's concepts and the soundtrack (though I intend to eventually play 1 and 2)

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I won't actually say that the first Suikoden[i] or the first [i]Persona are solid...

In any case, the fourth installment of Persona seems to follow the formula Persona 3 brought forth while improving on many parts.

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

at least it's $39 instead of $50 like P3 and you'd get something extra, the delay is not as long as P3 so if there is a 2nd version like P3 did, paying for it later on will be better justified.

Shoot, I am replaying P3 with P3 FES and I still don't get why the game is all that great, I consider myself pretty open minded when it comes to accepting crazy ideas/concepts/stories in games or whatever, but I still think the Persona/SMT games are always without a solid setting or convincing background story, so it's hard to care about it's worlds. The storylines are confusing enough, not to mention the time spent mostly just fighting in between key story events are always pretty long, which makes it feel like the story progresses very slowly...

It's suprising a game that asks so much of the player is received so well here. Hell, after a great game in Suikoden V, the support/demand of Suikoden games hardly changed at all, while P3 had caused the cost of the first 2 Persona games to be way more expensive than that of the first 2 Suikoden games in just a few months... Oh well, at least I already have more than my share of the Persona games, so I'd never have to play like $180+ for them.[/quote]
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's the official trailer confirming the date and Here's the official P4 site.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone, I don't know yet if it's in Japanesse language or not...but I got Persona 4. I'll try it later if I had time...do you think it's in Japanesse?

"H-huh? What? I got too many karma???"
-Sierra's sister usual idle banter
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering that the english version won't be out for another four months or so, yeah you have a Japanese copy there.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude, guys. The game comes out tomorrow, and it's being lauded by many reviewers as quite possibly the best RPG for the PS2, if not the best game on the PS2. The game has the highest score average of any PS2 game on metacritic, which is an interesting sign, if anything. I'm going to most definitely pick this one up tomorrow to check it out for myself.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThricebornPhoenix

Phoenix Legion

102576 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Persona 4 for ps2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it's better than P3, and it sounds like it may be, then they've accomplished something incredible. I won't be able to get it until Friday at earliest, though... hope I don't hit any spoilers by then.
"[...] even a seemingly purposeless miracle is an inexhaustible source of hope, because it proves to us that since we do not understand everything, our defeats—so much more numerous than our few and empty victories—may be equally specious."
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I unfortunatly won't be able to get it until Christmas because I told my sister to get it for me. :( In retrospect not one of my better moves, on the bright side though I should be getting the art book! Anyways, it is awesome to hear that it is getting reviewed so well. I knew that it was going to be good, but these reviews seem a bit better than I was expecting.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: