Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Getting Killer Orbs in Suikoden V

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yitan

22146 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Getting Killer Orbs in Suikoden V Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm searching Killer Orbs in Suikoden V... but I don't find them. I know you can buy them in Port Spinacks... but they are so expensive that I decided to search anywhere else.

I've read in many FAQS that you can get them in the Big Hole from the Killer Bunnies, but... I've been fighting there for hours and I haven't seen any bunnies. Where are they exactly? In that tunel where Levi is? In the ruins where Jeanne took me? In the World Map outside of the Big Hole? Or do I have to wait for the bunnies to appear (I'm right after the attack to Beaver Lodge) ? What should I do?

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Big Hole caves itself, where Levi is. The ruins are a seperate area entirely. They (the Killer Bunnies) can also be found in the caves in Yashuna (when the water for the Tricolor Inn runs dry) as well as the Dwarf Mine caves, I think.

Besides the bunnies, the only other enemy to drop Killer Orbs are a late game boss. You can also buy them at Port Spinacks when you can go there. I don't think it's too long after the attack on Beaver Lodge.

However, if you decide to do that, be warned. A single Killer Orb will set you back 300,000 Potch.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Dynast

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd also like to add that you can actually meet the Killer Bunnies at the Twilight Ruins and at the World Map just outside the Twilight Ruins- just run around the general outside area between Port Spinacks and the ruins.

I've realised that fighting single Killer Bunnies tends to have a higher drop rate for the Killer Orbs rather than fighting a group, but I could be wrong on that percentage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget to talk someone with a high treasure hunt ability.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gemini

The Fashion Divas

165087 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
Don't forget to talk someone with a high treasure hunt ability.

Urm? Who does have a high treasure hunt ability? and if this person is in the party would it be better?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Babbage has an S in Treasure Hunt as soon as you recruit him. Bergen's can go up to SS but it takes time and training.

Lorelai and Zweig have it too. I think they can bring theirs up to B with training.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Yitan

22146 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally get the orbs. It seems that the bunnies appeared in the Big Hole when I completed the mision in Doraat, where you fight Alenia and recruit Miakis.
Thank you all people! :D

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does Treasure Hunt stack? I seem to remember reading that it does. If it does, being all of the Treasure Hunt characters with you (Zweig, Killey, Lorelai, Bergen, Babbage...who else?

^Actual quote!
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not even sure myself if it stacks. Most people just bring them all just to be sure.

Faylen and Faylon also have the Treasure Hunt skill. Not sure if any other non-battle characters have the skill though...

Edited to add: Might also want to try the Hunter Rune + Circle formation trick. =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: