Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kingdom of Loathing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luceit

Defender of Highland

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Kingdom of Loathing Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering if any of you play this game.

I guess I should explain a bit about this game: Kingdom of Loathing is a browser-based game where you play an adventurer with one final mission: Defeating the Naughty Sorceress. Before you can defeat her though, the Council will charge you with twelve missions, each going up in scale of difficulty.

When you first begin the game, you will have 80 adventures, and you're given 40 adventures every day after that. There are three stats (Muscle; affects your damage, hit percentage and maximum HP; also the level determiner for Muscle classes), Mysticality (Determines spell damage and possibly spell accuracy plus maximum MP; also the level determiner for Mysticality classes) and Moxie (reduces the damage you take from monsters and is used in certain damage calculations; level determiner for Moxie classes). The classes are divided into offensive classes and defensive classes (Muscle: Seal Clubber and Turtle Tamer), (Mysticality: Pastamancer and Sauceror), (Moxie: Disco Bandit and Accordion Thief).

Now, on to what is so fun about the game. One of the best things about this game is that your amount of adventures are limited, so you can't really use it as a reason to procrastinate (although I suppose chat might distract you). Other than that, the game is updated with new content fairly frequently, there's a lot more to the game than just the quests I mentioned earlier, there are special items related to holiday events, the adventures are among the funniest you'll ever see and parodies of just about anything can be found within the Kingdom if you look hard enough. The community in this game is also a lot nicer than what you'll find in most games.

P/S: Crimbo (KoL's demented version of Christmas) is currently on, so why not sign up now?

The Sunwall Army

Potch
Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey i used to play this game a LONG time ago...

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

Potch
Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is more for the advertisements and fun links forum. I am going to move it there.
shikator

Akamaru

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds fun but i dont want to sign in on it, cuz i have like thousand of accounts
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played a few times too a long time ago. I never went much past when you get to go to below the border, Nexus War addicts me more browser game-wise...

Regardless, KoL is friggin hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing when I first read the class descriptions.

Tired of beating up invading aliens? Call Dad and get some rest!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

Potch
Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have an account there and played it alot couple months ago....
I haven't touched it ever since they changed the ascension thing (I think that's what they were changing at least...) a few months back?

Another reason I stopped touching it....I think I was working on the last quest (the naughty sorceress lair one) and I, personally speaking, found it was RIDICULOUSLY unbeatable

ah well...I'm not really interested in ascension thing anyway

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: