Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

ST: Kyril being stupid

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: ST: Kyril being stupid Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyril is a great main character but is it just me or he CAN'T kill an enemy?
He always say "No good. I can't do it.." or something like that. No matter what I do he won't kill a single enemy (example: chapter 13 - Caleron Lab) but after the main story battles I went to Ruins of Collanbal to hunt monsters, there he CAN kill enemies.
Is there something wrong that I did?
He's annoying.

and...

I can't recruit Lazlo (Hero IV) and Snowe.
I did load a cleared Suiko IV file. I even made 2 seperate ST files (one with cleared file and one with New game+ in which I have all the 108 characters)

I even accidentally overwrite my chapter 13 file......I have to start all over again and now these are the problems that I encountered.

Has anyone have these problems?
I appreciate it if you can help.

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyril can't kill the fishmen. He can bring them down to 1 HP, but can't actually kill them. Because he was so traumatized from his father turning into one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyril is not able to kill fish type enemies because he is traumatized by watching his father turns into a fish monster and dies. Facing fish monsters as adversaries, the best you can do is have Kyril take a good part of their healt and make somebody else deal the final blow.
Anything other than the fish monsters, however, Kyril can defeat with no problem.

About Lazlo... what exactly are the steps you have fulfilled towards the act of his recruitment?

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That explains.....I forgot about his trauma. I'm just annoyed (I want him to give the final blow for moar EXP).
Ahahaha......I guess I'm too eager to make his level higher than anyone else.
PS: Okay, I now understand he can't kill fishermen, how about Roget's men?

About recruiting Lazlo...:

1. New game
2. I load my SIV New game+ file; in that file I'm near Na-Nal, I even have Snowe as my main character (I'm still hunting his clothes)
3. Play ST.
4. Before fighting Martin I tried to go to Obel and found nothing.
5. After chapter 13 title, I went back to Obel again and still, no Lino in gossip menu.
6. I'm now at chapter 14 and nothing nothing nothing.

I'm quite confused if the file needed to recruit them is the cleared data file or any file that have all 108 star recruited.

My head hurts. :(

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cleared data file with all 108 stars recruited friend. No mid game data. :D
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch wrote:
Cleared data file with all 108 stars recruited friend. No mid game data. :D

HOLY SNAP!
Now I need to play my other file. ;A;
For the 4th time.....start all over....*ugh*
I need my medicine *cough* (Trishtan's *cough* virus got me)

Thank you guys for the help.
I really want Lazlo in my party. He's my favorite Hero :D Fer meh he's so smexy :D

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never tried cleared data file, so I would not know about that. However, in my case, it works with the last save point, immediately before the last boss.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried a cleared data file and it worked fine for me.

If you're anxious to level Kyril above everything else, maybe go monster hunting with him and a few friends or him alone? I imagine that would raise your experience points quite fast, though it would be harder to do if you only want to get through the storyline battles.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Futch

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
I never tried cleared data file, so I would not know about that. However, in my case, it works with the last save point, immediately before the last boss.

Are you sure? It's just that I thought it was either cleared game data with 108 stars or nothing. I didn't even bother using other kind of file to avoid the chance of being pissed off.

Anyway, it's pretty much a save data problem since all the other steps you followed are correct, Sydnee.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any save file with all the 108 stars would work, I believe. The safest place is definitely somewhere in the last dungeon, though I'm 100% sure clear data would work (obviously).

The "Kyril can't kill fishmen" thing gets annoying but... it's a lot helpful when you are trying to level up low-level characters. Have Kyril bring the fishman's health down to 1, then have some low level character deal the final blow for 2000+ exp. =D
Futch

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, since I got curious I searched some Faqs and I think that confused me more xD

Anyway, what they do say is that you can get Lazlo and Snowe right after Akaghi and Mizuki join back. On chapter 12.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't remember, Ok I think after around chapter 12 or something you can visit Obel and talk to Lino En Kudles (King of Obel) he'll ask you to go to the deserted island. Go there and you'll fight a blue crab with Lazlo. He should then join you.

After that you can talk to and recruit Snowe in Razril I think.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tek Jansen wrote:
I can't remember, Ok I think after around chapter 12 or something you can visit Obel and talk to Lino En Kudles (King of Obel) he'll ask you to go to the deserted island. Go there and you'll fight a blue crab with Lazlo. He should then join you.

After that you can talk to and recruit Snowe in Razril I think.

Snowe should be in the backstreet in Razril where you originally fought hairballs, since he's predictable like that and that's probably his only redeeming quality in that you don't have to search for him too hard this time. :P

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Case closed!
I finally have Lazlo <3 and Snowe in my party! (I restart, load a cleared file and now in chapter 12).

Lazlo's custom name is annoying. Notice the space better the letters? What's with that...like he's an alien or something hehehe.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Case closed? Thread closed. No point in keeping open a thread that's going to be bumped by a dumb post in six months.

-closed-

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: