Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Wolverine: Origins (film project)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Wolverine: Origins (film project) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, what seemed like something that may end up in development hell has suddenly gotten hot once again. The X-Men spin-off that everyone seems to want done looks to have gotten back in the news lately. With the lackluster reviews, though huge box-office draw, of X-Men: The Last Stand it looks like 20th Century Fox really wants the Wolverine spin-off to be made.

Using the Wolverine: Origins storyline from the comics, the spin-off will be a prequel detailing Wolverine's pre-Xmen days. It will concentrate on his time as part of the Weapon X Program and most likely deal with the events which gave him his adamantium skeleton. Hugh Jackman will be back as Logan which would just make sense since I can't really see any other actor playing the part now. The interesting news lately about the film has been talk of Gerard Butler taking on the role of Victor Creed aka Sabretooth. Originally, Karl Urban (Eomer) was slated to take on the role of Logan's arch-rival, but talks failed so it looks like Leonidas will end up taking on the role of Creed.

The other bit of news which should delight fans of the X-Men franchise is that the script as it looks now will have the character known as the "Merc with the Mouth" as a major part in the film. Yes, it looks like Deadpool will be in the Wolverine movie and Ryan Reynolds looks to be the front-runner to take on the role. I think it would be a good choice since Reynolds seem to have perfected the role of the wise-ass character in action roles after his turn as Hannibal King on Blade Trinity.

All of this would be for naught if Wolverine was being made by some scrub who had no talent whatsoever but it looks like the movie will actually have a bonafide director behind the camera. Gavin Hood (Tsotsi and Rendition) will be directing the movie. I may not agree with the topics of his films but I will say that he does have some definite talent as a director. The fact that Wolverine will deal with the shadow world of superhero black ops and all its intrigue and political machinations seems tailor-made for Hood whose films usually dealt with the very such intrigue.

Here's to hoping the finish pre-production and get the cast signed so that filming can begin. There's already talk that if and when the film succeeds it will be the launching pad for the spin-off Deadpool.

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seriously? forget Wolverine then, go Deadpool! I'm kind of burn out of good ol' sknit dude. But If it helps to get some Deadpool crazy yellow box action on screen, then I'm all for it!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4623/deadpoolshoryukennd7.jpg

I loved that scene.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch wrote:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4623/deadpoolshoryukennd7.jpg

I loved that scene.

I thought I was the only one who actually love that scene. :)

The thing they need to be careful about when it comes to Deadpool is in the comics he's broken through the 4th wall during some of his dialogue. He's actually acknowledged to people he;s talking to that they're in a comic book.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So this is gonna be made? To be perfectly blunt, I don't see why. The first 3 movies were all about wolverine anyway. I've never been able to comprehend all the love Wolverine gets myself.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wolverine has a good back story and you are right Scott I noticed that too, i'm sure that the other characters could have their own films, its just the fact that Wolverine has been covered. X-Men 2 was very wolverine based.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While all three films seem to center on Wolverine they don't really deal with what makes the character of Wolverine so popular. His backstory and the mystery surrounding it is why people always flock to the Canuck. Logan/Wolverine film would even look less superheroish in terms of costuming and they tried to temper that already with the X-Men trilogy.

Weapon X was and is still one of the better storylines I grew up reading. It's James Bond, Tom Clancy and Snake Plissken all rolled into one. Plus, a Wolverine spin-off dealing with his days as a black ops operative for a super-secret government team where powers were not out in the open makes for a far more interesting story than just doing another movie with powers being the big thing.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like Gavin Hood has found his Gambit for Wolverine. Even though the Ragin' Cajun will only be making a brief cameo appearance but the actor, Taylor Kitsch has signed a three-film contract with Marvel to portray Gambit. I'm guessing Gambit will make an appearance in future Wolverine/X-Men franchise films.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

good, about time they brought in gambit to the movies.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it was growing up liking the X-Men minus Gambit, but what is it about this character which fans seem to like quite a lot? As a character he's actually had a cool power but I always thought he was like another attempt to create an anti-hero but one where the writers just tried too hard to make the guy look and act cool.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it has to mainly with most of the people from about ages 20-25 watched the X-Men: The Animated Series as kids and use that as their main reference. Gambit played a bigger role in that show, so it feels lacking to not have him there to those going from that standard.

Personally, I never thought he was that cool, but I would like to see him in a film.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Click the link before it goes away as most leaked trailers always end up doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W6C984nSk0

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was skeptical, but the trailer makes the movie look like its gonna be pretty damn cool. The beginning of the trailer looks like something out of Rambo or Platoon or something. I'm guessing that guy he is with in the beginning is probably gonna be Sabertooth (I don't know a whole lot about Wolverine but I know he has a complex relationship with Sabertooth), and the actor they cast for him I think is pretty good, although I can't remember his name. There's also a short glimpse of Ryan Reynolds, who is awesome.

That trailer at least gives the impression (to me at least) that this could be a very good movie.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm surprised you didn't notice the Ragin' Cajun make a brief appearance in the trailer exploding playing cards and all. :)

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The link doesn't work anymore, the movie studio made them take it down.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm surprised it them that long to do it. Well, for those who missed it the one scene which got the biggest reaction was one showing Gambit and his card-carrying and throwing ability.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: