Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been two years and even though I wasn't blown away by The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe I thought the movie was a fun enough bit of fantasy to enjoy. The first sequel is now premiering it's first teaser trailer just in time for the release of it's rival series, His Dark Materials.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian teaser trailer

They really seem to have gone all-out on the CGI effects for this movie if the teaser is one to go by.

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awesome!

This looks really good and Prince Caspian is my Second favorite in the series of the books

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, I never read any of the books beyond The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, so while I was aware that there were more books to it, I'm not familiar with any of the stories beyond that. I might give this a watch, depending on what kind of mood I'm in I guess.

~Uguu!~
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved these books growing up and loved them even more when I re-read them in my college years.
I thought the Lion the Witch and Wardrobe movie was pretty darn satisfactory and I'm really excited to see this next film! I don't see many movies, so this is really something I can look forward to.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing I like is that they kept WETA to do the practically sets and designs on all the armor and weapons. They do very good stuff WETA does. I'm wondering if Aslan is suppose to be Jesus, who is the Prince Caspian suppose to be?

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILERS!!!

Yes, Aslan is supposed to represent Jesus. Shown in the first book when he was reborn after he was sacrificed on the altar by the Ice Queen.

Prince Caspian is the true heir to what is now the current state of the kingdom of Narnia(1300 years later). His uncle took over the throne by force due to the fact Caspian was to young to rule when his father died. Prince Caspian is also the savior of Narnia and the bringer of the old ways.

In these 1300 years of passing many of the mythical creatures that were in the first one have died out or endangered. Also, very few animals speak anymore and are basically just normal animals in this time. Shown in the trailer by the guy saying "this land is more savage now then what you once knew" or whatever the guy says

End spoilers

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seriously-- I got chills watching the trailer. Such an important part of my childhood. Prince Caspian was definitely one of the better books in the series, so I'm really happy to see it get the movie treatment. I only hope it doesn't suffer from the sort of rushed feel of the previous movie. They should realize that they can take their time. After Lord of the Rings people really don't mind a good 2 and a half hour to three hour movie, so long as it is true to the novel. The last movie just felt extremely rushed, for me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first film was okay really. I suppose that I'll likely end up going to see this one once it's released. I can see what you mean about the firm movie there, Gil. It did feel somewhat rushed in some parts. Here's to hoping that they can avoid that feeling with this one.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait for Voyage of the Dawntreader, or the Last Battle.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man, it looks awesome! Can't wait!
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh

My

God!

This looks freaking amazing! Yay!! I need to go reread the books now, but that's ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: