Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why didn't Kuromimi go insane (Suikoden 1)?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo wrote:
No, you can go into the first screen, I think it was the Holly faries that gave you the best experience and then the Kobolds. It's pretty hard to defeat the Holly Faries first time, not before levelling up on some Kobolds.

Yes I remember the first screen but no enemies appeared, I went up and down and no one showed up.

If the game doesn't make them harder to appear than normally then is just my luck.

Still point made.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, it usually doesn't happen so much if you walk to the end and keep getting warped back to the start. Just run about in the area. Oddly enough it does take a while for a random battle to happen.
George_Prime

21st Infantry Division

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No I remember that if u use cleo's fire attack that it would be able to destroy all the opponents, and it was the kobolds that gave me the most experiance from lv. 10'sh to lv. 20'sh.

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Despite the first game's near comically bad translation, it still felt really damned awesome most of the time...

I always thought Kuromimi didn't get possessed because he was out of the village (if you can call it that) at the moment.

In a related question... since Gon lived in Kobold Village, WASN'T HE POSSESSED? Could you have run into his a random encounter? I know this is impossible, but Fu Su Lu and Rubi would've probably been out there killing travelers. Maybe that's why Rubi starts at level 47... EXPERIENCE. Fu Su Lu spent most of his possessed state clearing out the restaurant (but you just missed him both times you pass through the village) which is why you end up paying his tab of ten grand.

I find it doubtful that 3 dog houses could hold that many random encounter Kobolds... and finally, when you removed the curse on the area, shouldn't the Kobold attack parties have stopped? I mean, they recognized you as a hero, right?

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

windy used the black rune to control them like with the general's it's only when they are defeated or have the rune removed that they can return to normal and kobolds may be more susceptible to runes also this is only the kobold village that lies at the end of the forest path they are less organized than the elves and dwarfs so they have a wider spread area for their cities. also i'm not saying that they all had black runes on them it's just that maybe windy was still exerting control from maybe a few kobolds that had the ruins on them
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Noah wrote:
Despite the first game's near comically bad translation, it still felt really damned awesome most of the time...

I always thought Kuromimi didn't get possessed because he was out of the village (if you can call it that) at the moment.

In a related question... since Gon lived in Kobold Village, WASN'T HE POSSESSED? Could you have run into his a random encounter? I know this is impossible, but Fu Su Lu and Rubi would've probably been out there killing travelers. Maybe that's why Rubi starts at level 47... EXPERIENCE. Fu Su Lu spent most of his possessed state clearing out the restaurant (but you just missed him both times you pass through the village) which is why you end up paying his tab of ten grand.

I find it doubtful that 3 dog houses could hold that many random encounter Kobolds... and finally, when you removed the curse on the area, shouldn't the Kobold attack parties have stopped? I mean, they recognized you as a hero, right?

That can be easily explained as Fu Su Lu and Rubi were not in the village before it was saved. Rubi was just wandering and Fu Su Lu was most probably eating somewhere else.

I too went by the assumption that Kuromimi was not in the village when the rune was used as for fighting Kobolds the developers did not bother changing the types of enemies after the event and defeat of kwanda, i'd just assume they were rogue kobolds and dwarves.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa Whoa, a lot of misunderstanding going on here.

The Black Rune's real name is "Conqueror Rune." It's primary power is that it gives it's bearer the ability to control monsters. This is why Kwanda and Milich were able to control monsters, and why only kobolds were made insane by its powers (Rubi is an elf, and they are not classified as "monsters" and Fu Su Lu is human).

The other less-known power of the Conqueror Rune is that when this rune is given from one person to another, the person who gives the rune gains control over the other. This is why Windy gained control over Kwanda and Milich.

Also, Kuromimi was away from the village when Kwanda used his rune to control the kobolds. Kuromimi even says this himself.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beecham wrote:
I blame the playtesters. It's that exact sort of thing they should be trained to catch. Idiots, all of them. There's so much that gets missed in so many games, it royally irks the hell out of me.

The exact same thing happens the first time Lepant joins your party to fight Kraze's henchmen. An S-range character, sittin' pretty in the back row without a care in the world. This displeases me.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People arn't really reading the previous posts in this topic, and noticing that other people have had the same respones, and that many of these points have already been brought up. :P
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've also always wondered how Kuromimi can travel along the Dwarf trail by himself and not get killed. Maybe he knows the area really well, and knows where to hide when enemies appear, or something.

I also wonder if Kuromimi knew Lepant prior to the events of the story. It's really fishy how they both talk tough and insist on fighting with you, and then hide in the back row and let you do all the fighting. Maybe Kuromimi was briefly Lepant's pet, or something.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Inko wrote:
People arn't really reading the previous posts in this topic, and noticing that other people have had the same respones, and that many of these points have already been brought up. :P

Oops. Yeah, it seems I missed the mention of Lepant earlier in this thread. Oh, well. 'Tis true, though. Mr. Honorable hiding in the back row. Tsk, tsk. ;)
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

This is why Windy gained control over Kwanda and Milich.

Interestingly there is no proof shown in the game that Milich actually had been controlled by the black rune save for his claims that his arm was melting which was conveniently said when he was about to get run through by Viktor's sword.

Milich : "My arm is melting. Lol."
Tir: "Wait something is wrong! This man is not at fault!."
Viktor: "WTF?"
Milich : "It was Windy and her conqueror rune. She made me do it!"
Tir: "K fine. Join my entourage?"
Milich: "Sure. Lol."
Viktor: "....."
deadfoxx

Northwind Dragoons

13233 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, personally i think its more like bears with the kobolds. I remember reading that once a bear has eaten human it goes after human meat... or is it lions im not sure but thats probably why the kobolds keep attacking, theyve killed humans and dwarves adn other kobolds and now their all crazed, plus there could also just be some evil kobolds same with the dwarves.

personally if windy wanted to do the most possible amount of damage to the liberation army she could have given conqueror runes to Eileen, Sarah, Mina or Sheena. most dangerous characters in the game, and talk about freaking scary if they woulda been on the other side. Plus they would have been perfect to control to make people hate the liberation army. If Tyr had to kill sheena or Eileen to defend himself that woulda put lepant on the empire side and also really pissed off the people of the town. Mina is a famous dancer that everyone loves if she hates the liberation army a lot of people would. And who would like them if they had to kill off a washer woman. *i say kill but it would all be very public and lots of people would see them kill or even just assault them*
slightly off topic at the end there i know
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: