Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why didn't Kuromimi go insane (Suikoden 1)?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Why didn't Kuromimi go insane (Suikoden 1)? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know why Kuromimi was the only kobold who wasn't affected by Windy's black rune in Suikoden 1? I've always wondered why, and I've never heard an explanation.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really remember what happened, but I think it was because Kuromimi wasn't in the Kobold Forest Village when Windy took over the Kobolds. I'll try to remember it :P

Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a case of absenteeism, like when Viktor wasn't in North Window when Neclord massacred everyone, so Kuromimi wasn't in Kobold Village when Windy made the Kobolds insane.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea, i think he said he went to collect food or something like that, cus i remember him saying "when i got back everyone wasnt moving", or something along them lines
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're probably all right.....Kuromimi was gone at the time, and was spared the effects of Windy's black rune. I guess I need to replay Suikoden 1 to see what Kuromimi says, exactly.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For an evil person that want to rule over the Scarlet Moon Empire, Windy really should have waited until Korumimi got back from his errand.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I guess she didn't know about kuromimi's errand. and even if she knew it, she probably wouldn't have changed her plans, probably thinking Kuromimi wouldn't be able to do anything. Come on, she destroyed the Werewolf village but didn't kill Bob, and we can't say he was a big threat for her.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just meant that she's not very thorough.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It always annoyed me how Kuromimi makes a big speech about how he's going to fight for kobold honor (or whatever), and then he forces his way into Tir's party and hides in the back row, where he can't do anything.

Of course, that doesn't make him any different than Lepant, who does the same thing when he's fighting for his wife's honor (and hides in the back row).
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I blame the playtesters. It's that exact sort of thing they should be trained to catch. Idiots, all of them. There's so much that gets missed in so many games, it royally irks the hell out of me.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gawd I hate that back row stunt.

It is a tad bit odd that of all the kobolds in that region (you fight hundreds or even thousands if you are diligent :)) that only one wasn't in the village at the time and wasn't effected by the black rune.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You only see one, but that doesn't mean that there -is- only one. It's possible that Windy knew there would be others away from their village, but didn't care. What could a handful do, when the true majority was hers to command? Particularly in that she could command them to execute those of their own who were uneffected.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
I blame the playtesters. It's that exact sort of thing they should be trained to catch. Idiots, all of them. There's so much that gets missed in so many games, it royally irks the hell out of me.

Ha ha! Yeah, I totally have to agree with you there, Harukaze! You'd think something as terribly simple as this would be really easy to catch. It's also annoying to see all the typos and spelling discrepancies. Notice how Jowston is spelled both "Jowston" and "Jowstone." I never understood why they didn't fix such things.

Well, to be honest, a lot of it MIGHT have to do with budgeting, and / or Konami under a lot of pressure to quickly finish and get the product out to gamers, as soon as possible. It's just another possible explanation. However, I think it's more humerous to go with your hypothesis, though. :wink:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Budget and time constraints could still be tied in with the shoddy playtesting, actually; they did not have the time or the money to pay well trained playtesters and let them actually do their job. The gamebreaking bugs might have been sorted out, but everything else was ignored. Most annoying. But especially back in the first game, there was -no- existing fanbase, and so the attention to detail was far, far lower than in any other game.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the first game was pretty unpolished...but that actually adds to its appeal to me a little bit.

But I'm weird. :mrgreen:

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: