Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

So who's your team?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: So who's your team? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any sport, in any league. Myself, I'm a die-hard, suffering Baltimore Orioles fan. I'd love to see one winning season out of them before they manage to go too far above the 10 consecutive years of futility they're already at. Fortunately, it looks like the front office has the right idea, and is attempting to trade off the some of the more productive veterans for young talent. I call it the Cleveland Indian method, and 'tis a good one. Whether or not they're successful at it is anyone's guess. The Orioles need to build around 23-year old Nick Markakis (.300 AVG, 23 HR, 112 RBI this past season), and stick with the young pitching that has only a year or 2 under its belt. I want this team to grow together, and learn to win together.

But enough of my rambling. Call it the passion of a 29-year old man who's loved his baseball since he was a young kid. So again, who's your team? Anything you'd like the rest of us to know about them? Thanks for reading! :)
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan through and through. My team is having a very successfull season this year and has as good a shot as any team in the league to make it all the way to the Superbowl. It's definitely good to see the Cowboys back on top of the NFC where they belong. They haven't been there since the 1995 season. Anyways, I think they're the most complete team in the NFC, and if the Cowboys win on Thursday they will be the unquestioned top team of the conference.

I don't really pay too much attention to other sports. Basketball I did pay attention to for a little while when the Sacramento Kings started being good. Hey, call it bandwagon or whatever you want, but as a native of Sacramento I can attest to the fact that we don't really have any teams to cheer for. So when our one pro team started winning some games, suddenly the whole city got behind them.^^

Anyways, that's all I got. Oh, I cheered for Team USA in the Women's World Cup for soccer during that game that they won at the end during penalty kicks and what's-her-face got so excited she took her shirt off. That game was really awesome, and anybody who likes competition should have watched it. See? Americans can get excited for soccer if our teams would just be good. >_>

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, due to my proximity to Chicago, I support Chicago teams. Therefore, I am a Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and Fire fan. I have been to several Cubs games in Wrigley field and was in homerun seats for one of those games. We were on tv briefly when a ball was hit over our heads. And the rest of my family once got seats directly behind home plate, so they were shown for virtually the entire game. Yup.....
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im a spurs fun, and my team has realy proved to be a great franchise with their leader tim duncan, and the other guys. tell you the truth started liking the spurs back when tim duncan wasa still a rookie now they have becaome one of the most succesfull franchise in the nba
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The team/sport that I primarily support are the Wellington Phoenix FC - a football (soccer) club down here in New Zealand. We were only founded a few months ago but are already competitive with the Australian teams, just a couple results going against us due to inexperience have put us in a pretty low table position.

In terms of worldwide, I'm a Nottingham Forest fan.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calvin wrote:
I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan through and through. My team is having a very successfull season this year and has as good a shot as any team in the league to make it all the way to the Superbowl. It's definitely good to see the Cowboys back on top of the NFC where they belong. They haven't been there since the 1995 season. Anyways, I think they're the most complete team in the NFC, and if the Cowboys win on Thursday they will be the unquestioned top team of the conference.

Nothing personal, sir, but I am born and bred to utterly despise your existence. [I tease! I tease!] For I am a Washington Redskins fan. A Redskins fan of the stripe that Joe Gibbs is the Second Coming, I will permanently campaign a seat in the lowest circle of hell for Lawrence Taylor [for breaking Joe Theismann's leg that night, thus shattering the hopes of an 8 year old girl], I wonder why Darrell Green isn't in the Hall of Fame [come on, he was the NFL's fastest man for a billion years running and I'm reasonably sure he could cover Randy Moss if he had to] and generally speaking, my two favorite teams are the Redskins and anyone playing the Cowboys that week.

All that being said, I'm a die-hard Redskins fan. Even when they suck. The irony to all of this is: My parents have season tickets, but my father is a Cowboys fan. I get my Redskins genes from my mom, and I already have my 5 year old who knows the words to 'Hail To The Redskins'. But yeah - that's my team, the ol' Burgundy and Gold. ^_^

The Hidden Foxes

221997 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been a sports fan since I could play the games. Started playing football, baseball, soccer, and basketball around age 8. Finally got to play Ice Hockey when I got to high school. Thanks to my parents, I root for all the hometown teams (the Philadelphia area), but I've been a fan of teams outside the area.

I'm a diehard Atlanta Falcons fan from back in the Deion Sanders days. No one ever accused me of being a bandwagon jumper when they went to the Super Bowl (and got dismantled). (I also like the Jets, but the Falcons are MY team.

I've been a San Jose Sharks fan since they came into the league, and I still have the newspaper clipping from when they beat the Detroit Red Wings in the first round of the playoffs in 1994.

The combination of Stockton and Malone on the Utah Jazz is one of the greatest in history, and they quickly became my team in the NBA.

And finally, the Houston Astros managed to become my favorite baseball team back when Bagwell came to the team and I was just starting to understand the sport of baseball.

Now, I can't explain why I began to like all of these teams, but I've never stopped being a fan, even through all the losing seasons (you get used to it, being a Falcons fan). And I know my daughter will most likely end up an Eagles fan, thanks to everyone on both sides of the family loving the Eagles, but maybe I can win her over with the Sharks... :)
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Nothing personal, sir, but I am born and bred to utterly despise your existence. [I tease! I tease!] For I am a Washington Redskins fan.

Haha, well, it IS one of the biggest rivalries in the NFL, and make no mistake, the favor is surely returned. ;P Actually, I think NFC East games in general are some of the hardest played games in football.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only sport I can be bothered to follow is hockey (I know, I know... stereotypical Canadian. Got a problem with it?) For as long as I can remember, I've never been anything than a Vancouver Canucks fan. My favourite player may not be a superstar (based on individual opinion) but that player is Trevor Linden. Whether or not he wears the "C" he is Captain Canuck and, as much as any other player, he deserves to hoist the cup at least once before his career comes to an end.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a passing interest in some of the other sports here in the US, but I'm truly passionate about football, and more to the point, I'm undying in my support of the greatest team in football (today) the New England Patriots. I'm glad I've been so vocal (loud and obnoxious?) in my support of them over the years so there's no way I can be confused with some bandwagon jumper. Among my most vivid memories of the NFL is watching my Patriots being dismantled by the Bears in the '85 Super Bowl. The years following were really tough to take, so much so that I actually was hopeful during the Bledsoe years. So, these Brady years have been a godsend to a long suffering fan like myself. I may be loud, and I may get a bit annoying at times, but you can ask the 49ers, the good times don't last forever. When the Patriot dynasty, and I think at this point we can consider them a dynasty, when that crumbles, I'll still be there, supporting the team, and I'll take the payback with a smile on my face, for at least I'll have experienced seeing them get Super Bowl glory :)

~Uguu!~
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The onyl sports teams I really give a damn about are the Penn State Nittaney Lions (since I go to PSU and all) and the Eagles (you know, that team that almost beat the Patriots?).

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My teams? Ive got a few across a few sports:

First and foremost MY TEAM is Northampton Town Football Club, aka The Cobblers who are currently playing League 1 of the English Football League (thats two leagues bellow your Manchester Uniteds and Chelseas). The team seem to change every year with our best players being sold off to better teams, hence why we never get promoted.

My NFL team I follow is the Baltimore Ravens, Ive noticed that they are not really doing well curently and it seems to be the thing with all the american teams i follow, I think its due to the Salary cap or something. I was also considering playing american football with my university hopefully in the possition of my favourite player Ray Lewis (MLB). Not really felt motivated to join though and would want to be in better shape before i did that.

My NBA team I follow is the Orlando Magic, Ive followed them longer than any other american sports team back in the days when Shaq and Penny Hardaway graced their line up. Nowadays they have to work for results though they do have a few decent players, in a few years they may be on the up once again. Was sad to see T-Mac go those years ago :(.

I also follow a MLS team, the LA Galaxy and have done for about 5 or so years. My main reason for following them was the fact my favourite American player plays for them, Cobi Jones. The fact the Beckham and Abel Xavier were bought was a huge bonus as they are both players I like.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If anyone has seen me post in this forum, it's rather obvious where my loyalties lie.

NBA -

Detroit Pistons

Not too much of a secret why. They're a great, physical team who's been the best NBA team to come out of the East for the past few years. Unfortunately, they've kinda' struggled in the playoffs the last couple years, mostly due to bad coaching or internal struggles. (Thanks Flip & Ben)... However, despite getting older, this team still has some fuel left in it, and I'm sure Joe Dumars (Pistons President, and former Piston great) has a few tricks up his sleeve to keep this team competitive.

NFL -

Detroit Lions

Say what you will about how bad they've been, the Lions still have a good group of competitive players that are always far more capable than their record shows them, year in and year out. With the recent hire of Rod Marinelli as head coach and Jon Kitna as starting quarterback, this team has done nothing but good things, and it's on its way to being a competitive football franchise... So long as "Mr. Ford" keeps his stupid-ass nose out of the teams' business. Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson will easily be the best 1-2 WR punch in the NFL in a couple years, especially since both players are fierce competitors and not drama queens like T.O. :P

MLB -

Detroit Tigers

Seeing a trend yet? I don't commonly pay a whole ton of attention to baseball, but once the Tigers started getting good again... Which, really, was out of the blue (the year before last when they made the World Series), it's really perked my interest in this team. They have a lot of good talent on this team, especially in the starting pitching corps. Look no further than Justin Verlander and Nate Robertson. Relief pitching and closing pitching has been a problem, as has Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez's tendency to constantly try to hit home runs when he doesn't have to... However, with Jim Leyland leading this team from the dugout, they've done an incredible job. And, they're a prime example of how a team should be owned... Now, if only Mr. Ford would take a hint from Mike Illich... :P

NHL -

Detrot Red Wings

Again, not a surprise here. I hate how they try to label this town as "Hockeytown," because I tell ya what... If the Lions were like the New England Patriots were right now, nobody here would be talking about the Wings, even as good as they are... In any case, much like baseball, I don't pay too much attention to hockey. I know that one problem this team has had, is lack of playoff potential, and it all stems from the fact that the Red Wings have had a hard time being physical with other teams. The Wings have commonly been a finesse scoring team, but when April, May, and June roll around, they tend to get knocked around the arena quite a bit. Fortunately, the old man (Domink Hasek) still has a little bit of fuel left in him, so we'll see how well they can hang this year.

NCAA Collegiate Sports -

University of Michigan Wolverines
(Football / Basketball / Hockey)

My alma-mater. There's no reason I wouldn't cheer for Michigan in any of the above sports, no matter who they go up against. I don't care much about college hockey really, and in basketball, Michigan is pretty damn poor right now... They're struggling to win the NIT (Not Invited Tournament), and not even getting a shot at the Big Dance... Hopefully with a new basketball coach, they'll be more competitive this year, but we'll see as Big Ten Conference play hasn't started and Illinois, and Michigan State are huge basketball powerhouses... Not to mention the recent rise of evil Ohio State into the basketball scene... As for football, Michigan is the winningest college football team of all time, in both total wins and winning percentage. Despite having a 1-6 record against current Ohio State head coach, Jim Tressell, that hasn't tarnished my opinion of Michigan Football, nor my confidence that they'll win in January against whomever they face in Lloyd Carr's last bowl game. Which, is another turning point in Michigan Sports. I feel it's time for Lloyd to move on, so we'll see who takes over. Still, with consistently landing some of the best recruiting classes in the land, Michigan football will be competitive, regardless of who their coach is.

Michigan State Spartans (Basketball / Hockey) -

Hockey isn't a sport I'm too passionate about, so it doesn't matter too much to me if Michigan State wins here, as I'd rather see them win, as opposed to any other team... Except Michigan, of course. The same holds true for basketball, as Michigan has been left out of the tournament that matters for a long time now. I need someone to pull for, and Sparty's been it, really. It also helps that Tom Izzo is a basketball genius and does a great job leading the Spartan team in basketball. Hopefully, Michigan will start to get the better of them soon, but time will tell...

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PUOOOOORRRRRTTUUOOOOOOO!!!! (gotta love the accent of those people!)

As anyone who knows me well enough, I'm a FC Porto fan all the way.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Flare, I support mostly the local teams. And, also like Flare, due to my proximity to Chicago, I wind up supporting most of the Chicago teams. In order, I'm a Fire, White Sox, Cubs, Bulls, and Bears fan. I would root for the Blackhawks if they weren't getting run so badly, but since they are, I tend to support the Chicago Wolves over the Blackhawks.

Internationally, I like AC Milan, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, and Wolverhampton Wolves.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: