Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Female from Any Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Favorite Female from Any Game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine would be Mia Shiranui from the Fatal Fury series. Her "potential" has grown alot over the years.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oulan, Yoshino Yamato, Kasumi, Ayda. All from the Suikoden series.

Outside of that: Rikku, Selphie Tilmitt, Yuffie Kisaragi, Freya. All from Final Fantasy.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a few of them, based on Aesthetic of just character traits. They are:

Aeris Gainsborough, Final Fantasy VII - I mention her in another thread somewhere on this board. Pink is a nice color, and it goes well with her personality. I have about 30 Aeris Avatars, if you want one you can send me a PM. Easily my favorite FF female, I absolutely adore her.

Terra Branford, Final Fantasy III/VI - Aeris Advance, the product of two races, but with even more of the power of the Espers than Aeris has of the Cetra. I felt really sad for her character in a game that was full of sad moments for every character, especially when she lost all of her power, and the occasional flashbacks to her past as a Magitek Knight. Not as tragic as Aeris.

Celes Chere, Same - A nice opposite to balance out Terra. An insider into the Empire, and given magical powers, she loves her powers, opposed to Terra who is imprisoned by them, or so she feels. Again many tragic and beautiful scenes, like the death of Cid, and of course her now-famoud 'Opera Scene'.

Least Favorite

Any female character from any Nintendo game except Metroid - All Peach and Zelda do is get kidnapped and have to be rescued. I respect Nintendo trying to make Zelda less of an innocent with Sheik, but in the end she still gets herself kidnapped. At least Samus is cool, and can shoot guns, curl into a tiny ball and blast aliens around her.

Rikku (Final Fantasy X) and Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII) - Annoying and theiving, respectively. I like Yuffie slightly better because with the Conformer she's an absolute machine, and the only character in the game who was any good at 'Morph'. All Rikku had was that she was cute, other than that, annoying as a thorn in your palm.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well when it comes to favorites I would say that Samus from the metroid series is really the only one that I can think of right off the bat. She is an awesome character just from what the games have allowed her to do, errr programmed her to do mind you. Though they really should give more in depth information into her character when it comes to her past not related to the game story directly. Give her a reason to fight these aliens, something that gives her reasoning to do so aside from the obvious.

When it comes to female characters that I absolutely cannot stand in any way there is more than just one name to the list. First off virtually every female character in the Final Fantasy series since moving to the next generation consoles. They have all been made to be rather dense and that is usually not good for any character much less a female one. Actually thats all i can think of right now as any others for the most part dont bother me nor peak my interest either way.

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SIERRA!

To a much lesser extent they shouldn't even be mentioned: Teresa, Emilia, Camille, Agnes, Rachel, Ellie, Chris, Yuiri.

THI wrote:

All Rikku had was that she was cute, other than that, annoying as a thorn in your palm.

Rikku was probably one of the most realistic characters that I have ever seen in any video game that had voice acting. She was emotional and hopped around from happy to sad in no time at all. Sounds like the average fem to me. The voice acting on its own was so darn perfect it remains to be one of the only bright spots from the most OVERRATED game ever. Her fighting abilities are so overshadowed by her character that I barely even notice that she's not that good. Especially, with the way you can jump around on the sphere grid to craft her the way you want.

Rikku was the only reason I bought Final Fantasy X-2 after the previous game disappointed me so much. While Yuffie's character was annoying, comparing the two is ludicrous. Rikku might be annoying to some people, but she remains to be the only character that I've liked in the series, male or female, since Final Fantasy VI.

I find that the main female characters in the Final Fantasy series always lack in personality... Yuna, Dagger, Rinoa, Aeris.... They're all kinda dry. Yuna would be the exception to this rule, but the fact that she, like Rinoa, is just so darn unbelievable makes me cringe.

I also feel like mentioning Harle from Chrono Cross and Nel from Star Ocean:TtEoT

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a big Beatrix fan from FFIX. Beatrix was so awesome. She could kill 100 men singlehandedly and beat the entire party by herself on many occasions. Her swordskills were superb and her white magic was a nice edition. She was good in many respects and was fun to control for that brief period of time.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fave gals eh? hard to say.

As annoying as she is I like Rutee from Tales Of Destney. shes well...ok so she is annoying, but her money hungrey nature and her short fuse keep me amused. It just gets annoying when (game play wise) she starts looking for Gald insted of helping me kill stuff.

The woman from Okage, the "Hero", with the parasol...she was pretty cool. I had her in my Party a lot, though she can't accept her well "disablity" like Ari's sister could. but yeh. I didn't hate her.

I can't really say I've been paying attintion to "my gals", I really Havent. If they rocked in battle I'd use them, if they annoyed me I'll say so.

Rikku annoyed me, its just those kind of folk do, though having set up (what was it called? overdrives?) to "when she smacks stuff" made for a faster charge, and then there was the pain of "recalling what did what" when I combined items. Though I find it odd I had Yuna do 300 damage once. really for a summoner thats a lot of damage. I called her "Killer Yuna". Yuna wasn't bad in my book. she seem to accept her fate as well (like why people like Aerith and how she took her purpose in life) Lulu was miss cynic-goth-wanna be. I couldn't stop myself from having Tidus say he liked her (or wanted to date her, I forgot) the reacton was priceless.

The Dragon girl from Koie's"The Journey West" again another "rhahahrhah!" kind of girl, but she was noble, and a dragon. There are some cool females in that game, even if they are were-beasts. That makes it better, because they are princesses and dryads/dragons, little girls who can turn into bad-ass monsters and such. Because you get a lot of charas I never took a lot out to with me, so I never saw the over potentiol they can have. Sure there were some she-villans, and one was led astray because of a false promice. But anyone can have that happen.

as for Female Suikoden charas, let me digest. I had Nanimi with me alot, because well, you are forced to for a long time. So she becomes super-Nanimi, she was cute and its nice or cliche how she played the part of "mom" to hero-riou-2. again, theres a lot of female charas, counting all 4 games, and I don't recall who I liked using for fights and who's personalty made me see them "as puppy-dog cute"(not to be confused with OMG I am Hot for them...)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fighting game favorites is definately Mai Shiranui, she is pretty awesome, along with Shaia Hishizaki from Gowcaizer. When it comes to RPG's my favorites would have to be Yuffie [FF7], Terra [FF6], Sharon [Suikoden III], and Kasumi [Suikoden I&II]
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Iiiiiinteresting...

My favorite femmes most definately do not come from Suikoden, since most of them are highly under developed and flat anyway. That's not to say that they aren't cool, but just..boring.

With the FF leading ladies, I'm usually annoyed by them, but that doesn't mean that I don't like them.

Lenneth, from VP, is definately a favorite. She's so elegant yet so oblivious.

Myria or Tyr from Breath of Fire. She never seems to just stay dead. That's cool.

Schala, in both her CT and CC days. Here is a character that was kind of minor in the CT world, and grew to be something dangerous in CC. I liked how she "continued" over, even if I want to strangle Kid.

Mother Brain from CT and then CC, because female robots just kick ass. Metropolis anyone?!

I guess that that's it. I have other favorites but I guess these are high on my list.

On another note, I must defend my Peach, because she gets nowhere near the character development that previously mentioned female characters do. Hey, she got to kick some bum in RPG, and with a frying pan no less. She paved the way for some rough and tough rpg ladies!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Though I find it odd I had Yuna do 300 damage once. really for a summoner thats a lot of damage. I called her "Killer Yuna".

Really? I spent so much time on the sphere grid with Yuna (just kept summoning) that she did 13,000 on a physical hit. Lots of damage. Auron only did 600. :roll:
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Koudelka Iasant. Because everything about her is just ridiculously awesome.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aesthetically speaking, every lead heroine and most of the supporting ladies would make my list, but to save everyone the trouble, I'll list the ones that stood out.

Millenia, Grandia 2 : I'm a total sucker when it comes to girls with attitude. She acted like a mischievous child in the beginning, but throughout the Journey, she begins to develop kindness and eventually sacrifices herself for the party. Besides, Elena's charming and all, but really, I'd rather travel with Millenia instead.

Lilly Pendragon, Suikoden 3 : Same reason here, although I'd replace "mischievous" to "spoiled little princess". She didn't seem to grow out of it, but sometimes in life people don't change. I really enjoy her character, though, because it adds spunk to any party when she's in the storyline. I hope she wasn't involved in the Zexen-Tinto War, though.

Mai Shiranui, SNK : Phew, not much else to say about her besides "*gulp* wow"

Précis F. Neumann, Star Ocean 2 : She's the genius inventor that has a crush on Claude. I can't speak for everyone, but I had a party that once consisted of Rena, Claude, Opera, Ernest, Celine, Leon, and Chisato. Précis added some life into that party and made the game more enjoyable. She doesn't get that much character development (I probably should have taken Ashton for that, huh?) but Private Actions and a bit of the main storyline provide the portrait of her traits. I didn't find her in-battle voice annoying at all.

Jeane, Suikoden series : See above. Tifa Lockheart probably applies here as well.

Relm, Final Fantasy 6 : Smart-mouthed and brave considering she's only 10. Her sketch/control skill is very useful, and she's not afraid to talk back to Edgar and the gang. Her rebelliousness got to me, and I suppose I have Shadow leaving when, she was young, to thank for that. (Relm's father and no I'm not condoning leaving your daughter)

The Girls of Class 3-A, Magister Negi Magi : :lol: I cheated here. Yeah I know they're from the Anime, but the new Negima game's recent release makes them fair game! And guess who actually published it.As I recall they've made a few hits here and there. I'm sure we can come up with at least four of them.

All joking aside, I go crazy over clichéd characters, because it's fun to see a story work with clichés. RPG or otherwise. I'll be honest, though, I haven't played this game. I have, however, played many text based games with the help of my 2 friends. (one who sends it, one here who reads it for me) I'm sure I'd enjoy this game as well. Seems to me like some type of Sims/dating simulator/semi battle type of game. I hope I can import it someday.

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ouha: from Ys ark of nitishten
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Quote:
Though I find it odd I had Yuna do 300 damage once. really for a summoner thats a lot of damage. I called her "Killer Yuna".

Really? I spent so much time on the sphere grid with Yuna (just kept summoning) that she did 13,000 on a physical hit. Lots of damage. Auron only did 600. :roll:

I actually never used her except during the "Semour" or "Final Boss" fights

I thought that Paine was fairly realsistic. I also thought that she was like Lulu's sister at first :wink:

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tifa from FFVII, Lucca from CT, Chris from SIII, and Lenneth Valkyrie from VP.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: