Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Speculative Evidence of Why We've Heard Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Djungelurban wrote:
But let's just all keep in mind that there was a 4 year gap between Suikoden II and III.

4 years is stretching it, even for Japanese releases. The time between Suikoden II and III's Japanese releases was 3½ years, and that was because Suikoden III was delayed from December 2001 to summer 2002. First info of Suikoden III came a little over 2 years after Suikoden II. But it's true, Suikoden VI is right about at the same point right now, so it's not unprecedented. If it followed the same schedule, there would be first info at TGS and planned release for spring 2009, with a delay into autumn 2009. :)
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let's hope we hear something at TGS then.

I'd hate to have it all come to the point of petitions being broken out and all, haha.

Konami must still be fully aware that there's still a market for the games, though? I'm sure they're aware of the various fansites that are absolutely starved for information. It's just mean, if you ask me, haha.
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawksaber wrote:
Well, let's hope we hear something at TGS then.

I'd hate to have it all come to the point of petitions being broken out and all, haha.

Konami must still be fully aware that there's still a market for the games, though? I'm sure they're aware of the various fansites that are absolutely starved for information. It's just mean, if you ask me, haha.

It's true, when the Wii remour came, it was already on hundreds of sites just in 1 day and there were thousands of fans discussing it. I was really suprised to find out how fast the rumour started to spread and how excited people got from any Suikoden news.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With MGS out now, perhaps Konami can focus on it's lesser properties such as Suikoden. We can hope right?!!?

Damn... would be nice for some news.... curse the man who said 'no news is good news'

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fuji wrote:

Damn... would be nice for some news.... curse the man who said 'no news is good news'

Ha I think he is still right though. I would think Suikoden is at least popular enough for them to announce if there was not going to be another, and we have not heard that.

But I agree they are probably enjoying the release of MGS4 right now and when that has settled down they can go "Well that was fun, and now we have this in the works..." And hopefully then there will be some Suikoden news then =D

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that MGS4 is done, maybe we'll hear something?
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not entirely sure whether I should look at the mobile and PSN re-releases of Suikoden 1 as a sign that the series hasn't died, or if I should look at it as a final farewell from Konami.

Confusing times.
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... I'm fairly confident Suikoden VI will come out eventually, unless we heard that they like... you know, fired that division of game makers or we had concrete evidence the usual suspects that work on Suikoden were making somethign entirely different.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, Konami's E3 press event came and went and as we expected, no Suikoden news... So it's all up to TGS then.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which is in October. It's possible something will be announced before then but... well, better get ready for a long wait. I'm sure we'll get another batch of 2ch rumours soon to kill some time. :D

EDIT: Also, Konami's E3 conference was the most godawful thing I've ever seen.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess you didn't see Capcom's then...
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They were all boring this year. Except the last 1 min of Microsoft when they announced FFXIII for 360.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boring? Did you guys see Nintendo's? That was pretty bad but not boring.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saw them all and yes, that was boring. As well as sad, disappointing and upsetting.
I'd probably rank them like this:
1 EA
2 Sony
3 Microsoft
4 Ubisoft
5 Activision
6 Konami
7 Nintendo
8 Capcom

And I don't even like EA.

EDIT: Guess we've strayed from topic a bit... Should probably bring it back...
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm holding out for TGS, as you probably all saw, E3 has been seriously downgraded/nerfed/made pointless these last few years and very little of interest ever happens.

The Final Fantasy XIII 360 announcement was a classic megaton, but when you are waiting for any drop of news regarding your favorite game series, it seems a little hollow. That and it wouldn't have been half as amusing if not for the reaction of the PS3 fanboys (world is ending etc).

Anyway, TGS is where it's at (hopefully). Realistically though, is it possible Konami see Suikoden as a dying series and have no intention of continuing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: