Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Speculative Evidence of Why We've Heard Nothing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1&2 PSP was blocked by Sony, even though Konami was serious about releasing it in English.

And those were just examples of the latest revealings. Other DS RPG projects include Xenosaga I & II, Blue Dragon, all the Dragon Quest games and especially Dragon Quest IX, Ys games, Brave Story DS and so on. The DS is simply becoming staggering for RPGs of all varieties, from established franchises and new starters, it's becoming the new stronghold for Japanese RPGs. This is why I think that having Suikoden VI on DS has started looking more likely than before, when many of these games still weren't released or announced. The RPG momentum on DS is becoming massive, not in the least with series like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. This isn't like GBA or PSP, this is like the PS2's popularity and RPG selection on a handheld. Simply put, the DS has become a much more likely platform for Suikoden VI than it was two years ago or even a year ago.

Although it must be noted that Konami announced Vandal Hearts DS way back in 2004 and then it was never released...
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess the stiff nature of Konami corporation is working against us. Have a look a Persona. The buzz for 3 had not finished yet, and Atlus announced Persona 4... AGAIN on PS2!

Why can't we just have a small, dedicated team focused on a PS2 Suikoden VI. It would be amazing and I doubt Suikoden development needs more cash than Persona.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately, seeing as Persona is a part of the Shin Megami Tensei series, it's a bit more high profile than Suikoden in Japan and to be honest, that's where the money is when it comes to RPGs ignoring those huge franchises like FF and what not.

But other than that, Suikoden VI for PS2 would just rock. I haven't even joined the 7th console gen so I'm all for a "Suikoden V esque" VI. Feel free to use the same engine too, I'd be perfectly fine with that. The series has never been about graphics anyway (ignoring the fact that S2 was absolutely gorgeous!!).
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami Gamer's Night went past, and as usual, no Suikoden news. Next chances: E3 (July) and TGS (September). Are they purposefully building fan expectations to a boiling point?
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Djungelurban wrote:
Unfortunately, seeing as Persona is a part of the Shin Megami Tensei series, it's a bit more high profile than Suikoden in Japan and to be honest, that's where the money is when it comes to RPGs ignoring those huge franchises like FF and what not.

But other than that, Suikoden VI for PS2 would just rock. I haven't even joined the 7th console gen so I'm all for a "Suikoden V esque" VI. Feel free to use the same engine too, I'd be perfectly fine with that. The series has never been about graphics anyway (ignoring the fact that S2 was absolutely gorgeous!!).

As convenient as it would be to have Suikoden VI be released on PS2, it won't happen. All the same, I'd like to see Suikoden VI released on a new-gen console. It deserves to roll with the times like any other good RPG out there.

And as for a possibility of it being showcased at E3, don't they usually reveal, or at least give hints on what games will be shown beforehand at E3 and TGS? I may very well be wrong.
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to IGN, nothing from Konami @ E3 this year.
http://games.ign.com/articles/880/880004p1.html
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though thats disapointing, I always figured if Konami was to announce the next suikoden, it'd be at the Tokoyo game show.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's just the confirmed list. It's pretty obvious that there will be announcements of new games at E3. And likely Konami just hasn't confirmed their list.

But yeah, it's not very likely that Suikoden VI would be featured there. TGS is more likely.
Hawksaber

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking TGS isn't going to have a thing for us either. Not to be negative, but Konami is really starting to irritate their Suikoden fans I think.
Sealot

56962 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawksaber wrote:
I'm thinking TGS isn't going to have a thing for us either. Not to be negative, but Konami is really starting to irritate their Suikoden fans I think.

It has been 3 years since Suikoden V was announced. They really have to atleast announce the game already, or else everyone will forget about it. Unless they already made a decision to stop making Suikodens..
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's not give up completely quite yet. I mean, sure, I'm also a bit skeptical that we'll hear anything during TGS this year. But let's just all keep in mind that there was a 4 year gap between Suikoden II and III. Sure, they did release some spin-offs in between those games but we all knew that wouldn't happen this time, right? And games do take longer to make these days. That's just a fact. We'll just have to hang in then.
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I share the frustrations of the suikoden fans. I think it is not good for the suikoden fans to wait this long after a very good game like suikoden 5. They did not even make any suikoden tactics to keep us busy. Konami should understand that some of the us fans of suikoden are getting older and it's going to be hard for some of us to play some video games when were about 30 or 40. Konami should have just given us at least a suikoden tactics from any of the 5 suikoden games. Sure, I had a good time playing final fantasy 12 but I'm not satisfied with it. So for Konami's sake, I think its better if they announce something about the series.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

luc skywalker wrote:
So for Konami's sake, I think its better if they announce something about the series.

That is IF there is anything to announce.....
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think there's too much to worry about, in all honesty. The problem is we got three Suikoden releases within the timespan of (roughly) a year with Suikoden IV, Tactics and Suikoden V. So, it seems people have come to expect rapid releases in the series and essentially freaking out when they don't hear anything "right now" about the next potential game.

I don't know about you, but I would rather Konami not milk Suikoden for all it's worth like Square-Enix has been doing with Final Fantasy.

If you think about it, Suikoden fans are definitely wanting more of the series, and if it turns out Suikoden V was the last game to be made, there would probably be feelings of "it's too bad they never made any more games" which is certainly a lot better than "it's too bad they didn't stop with Suikoden X, the series went downhill after that."

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed. At least if V was the last, it's a better way to go out than IV was. Of course, if Konami were to go the Squeenix route, then we'd have 50 different Suikoden II spinoffs already :P

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: