Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A mind reading program...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

Potch
Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: A mind reading program... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/games/magic-gopher-central.swf

Okay, just give this a try. It's fantastic! I tried it more than three times, and i tried having my brother try it out later as well. And it has always been correct.

Am i an internet country bumpkin to believe that this is a program than can read your mind? Does anyone know how this is done? I certainly don't, but that's okay, i'm not up to hacker level or have any degree of writing software.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

Potch
Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Magic Math and the trick of flash.

For example, Take the problem the gopher gives you. It's always work, but the symbol changes. If you think about it with the rules they give you only a set amount of numbers will work correctly. Everyone of those share the same sign, the signs change giving it a randomness to distract people form figuring that out.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
LeBlanc

Sandstorm

Potch
Soldiers
1238 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i tried it twice. he failed to read my mind both times :|

Potch
Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LeBlanc, Maybe and as mean as it sounds can't do math? ^^ But seriously, if you followed the rules and you add and subtract correctly, it'll work.

Thief

Truth

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

9 is such a fascinating number, isn't it?
shikator

Akamaru

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

9 is such a fascinating number, isn't it?

TRue a very manly number. there are other version of this game like the card game
LeBlanc

Sandstorm

Potch
Soldiers
1238 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tek Jansen wrote:
LeBlanc, Maybe and as mean as it sounds can't do math? ^^ But seriously, if you followed the rules and you add and subtract correctly, it'll work.

im sure i did it right. unless 77-14=56... :|

Potch
Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

0, 9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72, 81 are all the correct numbers even more all are multiples of 9 which really makes it easy ^^. Following the method they give you these are the only answers you can come to without making a mistake in the math. Everyone of these share the same sign. What I like about this is that they were smart enough to make sure that some wrong numbers share the same sign as these numbers to throw people off. It's not a hard thing to do but I saw a similar flash years ago that didn't do this.

Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LeBlanc wrote:
im sure i did it right. unless 77-14=56... :|

Uh.. I do hope that was a joke.. cause 14 from 77 is 63, not 54.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LeBlanc

Sandstorm

Potch
Soldiers
1238 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's a joke, obviously. anyways, i figured out why i thought it didn't work on my first couple of trials. i was looking at 64 instead of 63, and saw that 56 had the same image as 63... silly me :oops:

Midnight

Potch
Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hah, this had me going for a minute before I stopped and thought it through logically. Good show.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

Potch
Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, i just learned how it worked a while ago. Actually, little bro figured it out and told me. And it turned out that he was correct. It's just as you figured out. I can't believe i didn't get that, and i'm doing engineering. I really should have been able to figure it out, but i guess i was distracted from the finals.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: