Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nash's Garb
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Nash's Garb Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of you may be familiar with Nash from the Gaidens.

Nash is easily my favorite character from any Suikoden game. So with that, I do like to look into his character a little more then most others. Right now, I was curious about his outfits.

Take a look at his equipment. The pic above shows him with and without his overcoat. The overcoat seems odd to me.

The one picture without an overcoat shows the tan looking chain mail sort of deal.

But, then with the overcoat on, you can still see that same piece of clothing, yet the middle part of the overcoat (I guess) seems to be coming from under that chain mail deal.

Now, I was just wondering if that middle green part is actually part of the overcoat, or is this just some strange mishap in his design?

It seems to be the same overcoat design as that of Vash, from Trigun fame. (Give or take some extremes.)

So, what I'd like to know is if anyone knows what the deal is with that.

Also, does Nash wear tights? Or are those some sort of aerobics stretch pants that he has one? XD

Just a few questions, from an over observant fan. I think I can guess just about the rest of his attire for myself.

Hope you can help me out. lol
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like it's more of a sleeved mantle rather than an overcoat. Meaning it's just his arms and shoulders. And the bottom part is completely separate tasset/travel skirt.

For his pants, I dunno. they look like normal Suikodish pants to me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have the agree with Milan, it certainly looks like some sort of Mantle rather than an actual coat, the lower part I reckon is a travel skirt that is detachable, notice the button/buckle thing on his sides, perhaps that is what the travel skirt is attached too.

The trousers looks similar to a few characters, they are just more tight fitting rather than tights, I think Jowy in sukoden 2 has similar close fitted trousers.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Milan and Overdose have already said, it's most likely two separate pieces of clothing; a bit that goes over the shoulders, and another bit that goes around the waist. I quite like that term "travel skirt" for some reason :P

As for his pants, it seems as though spies are quite fond of this particular style. In Suikoden Tactics, Coop wears similar colours (tan, green, and lavender) as well as snug, tight fitting pants.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmony wrote:

As for his pants, it seems as though spies are quite fond of this particular style. In Suikoden Tactics, Coop wears similar colours (tan, green, and lavender) as well as snug, tight fitting pants.

It's alright, they're leggings!

The leggings have been used as a form of warmth for the legs as well as ankle support, which considering the rise on his boots is obviously a key spot for such an individual, as spies and swordsmen need to be somewhat dexterous with their feet movement. You then have the same type of material used on his chest and upper arm, arguably the chest piece is less constricting so that it can then act as a buffer for his armour, which is traditionally modelled to provide cover the vital organs and provide maximum warmth to the organs in cold temperatures.

What I'm wondering is why wear that cloth over his mantle? I mean I can't see him travelling through many deserts to have to use a facial cover.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That thing on his back looks ridiculous.
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like a jet pack! lol

~

Anyways, what about his projectile dirk shooting thing from part 3? How would you explain that.

(It's also possible that he had something similar to it in the Gaidens as well.)
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the middle picture. Mostly because Nash has a nice booty.

I'm assuming his "travel skirt" (awesome name BTW) connects top his waist just underneath his tan shirt. So the shirt is part of his "undergarments" yet the bottom part goes over where his skirt is connected.

And is that a jetpack? All he needs now is a Boba Fett helmet.

^Actual quote!
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His weapon was talked about in a different thread. It's basically a one shot. a small over simplified crossbow, that fires a small bolt at the enemy.

And it looks more like a glider pack to me! A couple of glider wings spring out and he flies off into the distance!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:

And it looks more like a glider pack to me! A couple of glider wings spring out and he flies off into the distance!

I was thinking along the same lines, except that perhaps is was some sort of rapid descension device for rappelling or horizontal crossings (as in a wire is fixed through the loop in the mould of his back thus suspending him to a linear path of contact) because after all, he is a spy and going on foot isn't always the best course of action. :P Considering in the second picture we also see side restraints under the arm pit as well as the front and top restraints, that vest is set to carry some heavy loads or be as stable as possible.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gmm..maybe we can ask the character desinger what is up with the clothing under the cloak and 'skirt'.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One more question guys!

About his grappling hook; is that part of his cross-bow contraption? Or do you think that is a device all of its own accord?
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scar wrote:
Looks like a jet pack! lol

I was going to say the same thing!
Maybe it's for escaping battles or something...lol

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a bit off-topic, but it seemed like a good place to ask, rather than doing a very long search.

How is Latkje supposed to be pronounced? I always just said "Latch key", except giving the ch more of a j/g sound, and giving key a more slavic -ki sound. Doesn't really make sense with the k in front, but order doesn't always hold true in linguistics.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
This is a bit off-topic, but it seemed like a good place to ask, rather than doing a very long search.

How is Latkje supposed to be pronounced? I always just said "Latch key", except giving the ch more of a j/g sound, and giving key a more slavic -ki sound. Doesn't really make sense with the k in front, but order doesn't always hold true in linguistics.

I have been wondering that as well for so long. theres a thing in the computer (TRU voice) that will say words for you. I think mine broke (and im having issues with my headphones) putting the word in yeild me "La1TKJz"
1= primary stress 2= secondary stress, a= a has in hat(a bit a would be a as in hate) and for some reason it added a z, like "meaSure". 0_o
adding in the pronoucation box Latkje it sounded like "letterleh"
LATKJe yeilds 'late-juh' LATKJE yeilds Late-jee.
as a pronoucation, seems your "latch" (khc) seems to be what it says lacks..latchks.. lakes ...a far cry from a rhymn unless you cannot speek.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: