Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who do you trust with your hair?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Who do you trust with your hair? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This question came to me Sunday after I spent almost an hour trying to get my hair cut. As I said it was a Sunday and apparently my usual hair cut place is closed on Sundays. I wanted to dye my hair that day so I needed a hair cut, but I did not know where to go. There are a few hair cut places near by, but for some reason I could not bring myself to trust them. I had not been to any of them for years, not that they were bad, but I just built up trust in my place and never wanted to go to another one. But now that mine was closed it was like I did not trust any other place with my hair, even though they were well established places. Eventually after convincing myself that since I was only getting a trim that they could not possibly mess it up, I went to one near my house.

It made me think though, I did not know I was that protective of my hair, so I'm wondering what you all think. Do you have a prefered salon? Or even one stylist that is the only person who can do your hair right? Or does it not matter at all?

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I trust me, as I do my own hair.
It's really not that hard, considering the cut I have had for the past year or so. Just shaved down to something a little longer than stubble. When it gets to the point where you can see my cowlicks, I shave it again.
Takes about 20 minutes in front of a mirror. I usually have to ask someone if I got everything on the back of my head, but all in all, I save a decent penny just doing it on my own!

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I trust no one. I have very long hair, and have yet to find a specific barber/stylist or salon that gets it just right. Fortunately, I rarely get it cut.

^Actual quote!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually just shave it (or find a family member to), and then let it grow crazy again, and then repeat process.
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been growing my hair for about 3 years now, but whenever I need a trim, I just ask a random person at home to do it, that almost always being my mother... so yeah, I'd guess my mother is who I trust most with my hair.

Tired of beating up invading aliens? Call Dad and get some rest!
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, my haircut is easy enough to where people can't really screw that up too badly. I do have one place I tend to go to more often than others, but that's because they have better looking girls working there. That's the main draw for me really.

~Uguu!~
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will pretty much let anyone touch it at least once, if i don't like what they have done to it i wont go there again. It's only hair, so if i really don't like it i just shave it off and let it grow back and try again with a new person.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My biggest problem with who I let cut my hair is their definition of a "trim." Sometimes I ask for a trim and walk out of there with an inch off the whole thing and a saaad face.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think I particularly care...as long as I don't go bald at the end of it all...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been to a few places, often if a place makes me feel welcome then I will go back, I did have one shocker of a haircut where I actually had to go home afterwards and pull out the scissors to fix it up!

I have also trusted my hair to my sister-in-law, I have coloured my hair highlight orange (twice), highlight blue and black - and she did the bleach and colouring every time.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Bub, when it's a simple shave I do it myself, and if I actually want to remove the stubble also it's just a simple shave. For styling, I have a couple relatives in the hair dressing business, so if I'm feeling cheap they get the nod, otherwise it's only one place since I've been going there as a kid and the owner, Santo, is not only a decent bloke but a decent stylist also.

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It definitely doesn't matter much to me when it comes to hairdressers, as long as they don't take too long with the job and my mother is there, because most of the barbers I go to do NOT speak English very well and they keep trying to talk to me in Chinese. If I'm unable to communicate with them, there's no way I'll let them get even one lock.
I do have a bit of a preference based on previous experiences. For example, one particular hairdresser in my mother's hometown did not understand how short I wanted my hair, and she cut my hair so short that I actually got embarassed (For reference, it was so short that it was barely below my ear.
I did cut my hair once before after having my hair stuck in front of my face one too many times. Cutting a long story short, it was an absolute disaster and I never did it again.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't care who does my haircut. I always go with the barber shop nearest to me and get my haircut done by whoever is in there.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to only trust my hairdresser but now i'm up at university and I want a change I am checking out places to get it done.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tend to trust places with a good reputation. Why? Because if they screw up, the reputation goes down the drain.. and some places can't afford that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: