Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Lovely Bones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: The Lovely Bones Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I began reading this book last week, and I was instantly absorbed in it. It is one of the most unique new books I've read in ages. Anyhow-- that's not the purpose of this thread. I just discovered that Peter Jackson is writing and directing a film adaptation of the book to be released in the Fall of next year. I can't even describe to you how exciting this prospect is for me, as Peter Jackson is one of the few people you can really trust to stay absolutely true to the book.

Just to give you a short synopsis, the story is about a girl named Susie who gets raped and murdered on the way home from school. The story centers around her watching how her death affects her family and friends from heaven. It's really very, very good. I highly recommend keeping an eye on this movie, and reading the book.

Here's the wiki on the book and movie:

book

movie

*excited*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I swear I thought I had made a topic about this movie months ago. I'm guessing I just forgot and posted it in a different board. I'm glad Jackson is taking a break from the big epic, spectacle. He had been doing nothing but epic-sized projects since 1998 when he began pre-production on the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

I actually hoped Jackson would've gone back and done something in the horror genre to get back to his horror roots, but I know choosing to adapt and direct The Lovely Bones was something he needed to do. Anyone who has ever followed Peter Jackson's career knows he can do understated and intimate. He did it well with his pre-Rings film Heavenly Creatures and I'm thinking he'll do just as well with his take on Alice Seibold's novel.

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read this in my senior year in high school, and I did like it. Though, according to IMDb, it should have been coming out about now. But it seems it keeps getting pushed back. But otherwise, I would like to see this movie.

Sup?
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On IMDb, it was showing up as it's supposed to be out next year. *shrugs* Though, that could have been changed recently.

Just borrowed the book from my sister this morning and started to read the first few pages. It sounds pretty neat and I'll probably enjoy reading it a lot. My sister must have really enjoyed it as the book has so many cracks and creases in the binding that couldn't have been made in one read.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: