Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NEW Suikoden Site! suikocrap.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

Potch
Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: NEW Suikoden Site! suikocrap.com Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alrighty folks, I've made my own website dedicated to the Suikoden RPG series. www.suikocrap.com

This site is now open to the public, and I encourage anyone who is interested to join up on our forum!

Just a little background information, Suiko-Crap is a site dedicated to the worst characters and moments in the Suikoden series. We're depending on our members to nominate the worst things about Suikoden, so that we can "officially induct" things into "Suiko-Crap." In addition to this, we're also in the process of compiling a character critique database.

And in addition to all of that, we're planning on running a different type of war-system based on Colonization. (We call it Suiko-Colonization) For those who're interested, feel free to stop on in!

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Kain

Desert Claw

Potch
Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i having problem.. i try to join.. but the email but i haven't receive any reconfirmation yet.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find it funny that you have a link to Homestar Runner. It pleases me, but I still find it to be pretty funny.

The character profiles on Fubar and the really tall purple ninja guy amused me.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

Potch
Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
and the really tall purple ninja guy amused me.
I'm glad you liked it. ^_^
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

Potch
Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am all signed-up. Just waiting on the activation email......
Aurelien

Potch
Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not joining simply because I really can't divide my time anymore to other things than what I already have. I'm already struggling to spend time for things that I need to in the world of internet.

But upon browsing a few of the characters, I find one that I noticed to be wrong. It's Blackman. You don't need to restart the game if you stepped on his plants. Simply exit the town and re-enter. The plants will be alive once again. Avoid stepping on the flowers this time around, then you can recruit him.

And though obviously it's mainly for fun, and therefore, maybe biased, I think it's rather weird that scores are given in a very inconsistent manner. Let's compare for example Apple, Esmeralda, and Fuma.

In Suikoden I, Apple totally had zero role. She wasn't usable for normal battle, and she has no relevance in plot of the story either. But somehow, it's B- for Personality. What personality exactly? The description itself said that her personality was vague. And overally she's given a C for just "being there".

Let's move on to Esmeralda, the character that is often generally accepted as the most useless Star of Destiny in Suikoden I, and possibly even in all Suikoden games. In the overall section, it was even said that "she's really just kind of dumb". But somehow, she was given B- which is even higher than Apple who was just "there"

Now let's see our last subject, Fuma. For wearing red, he was given a D- which is understandable because red isn't exactly the stealthiest color in the world. Personality? Straight F there for not having a personality (though to be honest, you can see that he is a comic relief character in the game, bring him to bath-house and you'll see why) because there's no story for him (was there a story about Esmeralda though?). Then another F for usefulness in battle. What does wearing red have to do with it? His stats is reasonably okay (high SPD, high HP), he has unite with other ninjas, and he is one of the only three ninjas in the war-game (Ninja regiment being the most useful regiment in the war-game). Yet .. an F. If we look at Futch who has similar stat growth, I'd wonder the difference between an F and a C+

Despite the fact that Fuma is far more useful in terms of gameplay compared to both Apple and Esmeralda who really didn't do *anything* at all except being in a certain group just because *everyone* participates, the red ninja is ranked far worse than the young girl, and the ditzy narcissist. I honestly can't see the logic. I'm even half-expecting to see Onil being given A+ because as far as I'm concerned, she's even better than Esmeralda.

I do apologize if this is a bit off-topic, but since I'm not registering to join there, I might as well post it here.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sai Fujiwara

Potch
Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes it's biased, Aurelien.

It's funny, you don't feel like registering for the site, yet you obviously have your own opinions, and posted them here. Shucks, wouldn't it be easier to post it on the forum there...? :?

It's not like I'm going to ask anyone to be very active there, but since you have a lot to say about the character critiques (which are highly opinionated, and meant for entertainment purposes), I'd think you'd be better off registering and posting your thoughts in your spare time.

Not that you have to. I'm not going to hold it against you one way or another. Just a suggestion.

Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

Potch
Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For those waiting for the activation email, it may have ended up in your bulk folder or the likes. That's what happened with mines.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

Potch
Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am registered under Harrekki.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

Potch
Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I joined under the usual username. I can't say how active I'll be-- it all depends on how bored I get. :)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

Potch
Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Sai, I'm still working on the map if you need it. Sorry, unforeseen issues with my Coral PSP XI. I'm trying to get it to register so I can use it again...

Dawlight

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its very interesting but i dont like how its so opinionated there is always someones opinion in it, like it says some mean things about clive in the overall part of clive's in suikoden 1 character critiques, i think it should be more not opiniated, but more truthful this way everyone can agree with it, and not get angry about what someone says in it.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

Potch
Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, since it is based on the same concept of wrestlecrap... RD Reynolds says that mostly the inductions are "from his opinion" (which is why there are some inductions that are "controversial" like I.R.S. and "Pirate" Paul Burchill now), so this one having critiques based on opinions is nothing to worry about. Hell, a "critique" is an opinion about something when thinking about it.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Kain

Desert Claw

Potch
Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hermm sai. i still didn't get my activiation code.. so i can't log in.. there something wrong?

Potch
Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The idea of making it opinionated is for it to be funny, but I can see where some people are CLEARLY not going to agree with what I (and some of my staff members) have written, and that's quite alright.

---BUT FEAR NOT! I included a forum within the forum for character critiques so that members can post their OWN opinions, so that (in the future) when members look at a critique there will be a few "second opinions" that may be completely different than what I originally posted.

That's the idea. It's an interactive thing where we can ALL get involved. I'm glad some of you don't like them. That should give you fuel to post your own in the forum, and maybe (if they're well-written) I'll put them on the main site. Sounds fair, doesn't it?

Good, I thought so.

Sorry about the activation e-mails. Sometimes they'll go into the bulk mail, so that's just the nature of the beast. Kain, I just activated your account, you should be able to use it now.

EDIT: As for actual inductions into "Suiko-Crap", I'm actually waiting on members themselves to nominate things we can officially induct. I can certainly put my own opinions in there, but I'd like more of a general consensus of what belongs amongst all of us fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: