Suikoden Urgent and Informational Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBA season 07-08
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: NBA season 07-08 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SO the tip ofR started already with the spurs winning the opening game. i just wanted to know your opinions for this season, personally i think the spurs is higly capable of defending its tiltle this years but they will probably be behing dalls and the suns in the season seatle being the darkhorse in the western confrence.

As for the east the bulls seem to be the thougest team this season so long as the kobe trade dosent happen they will be pretty strong beccause they play as a team and kobe dosent seem to know how to do that, detriot would be detriot. and boston could realy be something his year..

And i soory for the stupid post i made. i was actaluuy editing it already but it was closed down real fast.. GAin realy SOOry
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched Boston-Washington yesterday (hey, it's what I got >_>), and KG did do a good debut with a 22-point, 20-rebound debut for the Celtics. I'm still not sold that Boston is a contender, but they are one of the top teams in the East, I'll wait for Boston to take on teams like Chicago or Detroit before giving my verdict on them.

I like Grant Hill in Phoenix. Hill can operate with the ball, this gives them backup to Steve Nash if he's on the bench, and more importantly, it lets Leandro Barbosa be himself. Barbosa can now concentrate on scoring and dumping points on the other team, works well for him I guess.

San Antonio got off to a good start with that nice win over Portland, who'll probably go back to the lottery again this season. At least it's going to be a bright future for them - Oden, Roy, Aldridge plus their other young guys and a pick somewhere in the Top 5 next year make a good core.

As far as darkhorses go, I think Denver and Houston can contend, and probably one of them can go all the way. Denver is a good team if AI and Anthony are healthy, their defense isn't to shabby either with Camby down low. Houston still has T-Mac and Yao who're still a good 1-2 punch, but I think Rick Adelman is going to bring them further this year.

And as for Kobe.... I think he'll stay, even if it makes them unhappy. Thing is, is there a team out there ready to accept Kobe's paycheck? And if so, are they willing to take it? Probably not. The last traderumor was a three-team trade that would've sent Ben Wallace and Ron Artest from the Kings to L.A., Kobe to Chicago, Luol Deng to Sacramento plus a few others. I'm glad that won't happen, Paxson's smart enough to know that his Bulls are fine the way it is.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watched Boston-Washington yesterday (hey, it's what I got >_>), and KG did do a good debut with a 22-point, 20-rebound debut for the Celtics. I'm still not sold that Boston is a contender, but they are one of the top teams in the East, I'll wait for Boston to take on teams like Chicago or Detroit before giving my verdict on them.

I like Grant Hill in Phoenix. Hill can operate with the ball, this gives them backup to Steve Nash if he's on the bench, and more importantly, it lets Leandro Barbosa be himself. Barbosa can now concentrate on scoring and dumping points on the other team, works well for him I guess.

San Antonio got off to a good start with that nice win over Portland, who'll probably go back to the lottery again this season. At least it's going to be a bright future for them - Oden, Roy, Aldridge plus their other young guys and a pick somewhere in the Top 5 next year make a good core.

As far as darkhorses go, I think Denver and Houston can contend, and probably one of them can go all the way. Denver is a good team if AI and Anthony are healthy, their defense isn't to shabby either with Camby down low. Houston still has T-Mac and Yao who're still a good 1-2 punch, but I think Rick Adelman is going to bring them further this year.

And as for Kobe.... I think he'll stay, even if it makes them unhappy. Thing is, is there a team out there ready to accept Kobe's paycheck? And if so, are they willing to take it? Probably not. The last traderumor was a three-team trade that would've sent Ben Wallace and Ron Artest from the Kings to L.A., Kobe to Chicago, Luol Deng to Sacramento plus a few others. I'm glad that won't happen, Paxson's smart enough to know that his Bulls are fine the way it is.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:
I'm still not sold that Boston is a contender, but they are one of the top teams in the East, I'll wait for Boston to take on teams like Chicago or Detroit before giving my verdict on them.

If they play like they should, they will do pretty well. However, the other two guys on the court that aren't superstars will have to put up some numbers. I'm just hoping that Rondo comes through since I'm a UK fan.
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i guess the first 10 games for teams like boston, orlando, san antonio, new orleans went great, and boston 8 straight wins, they would probably be one of hottest teams in the long run and im quite impressed with orlando 9 wins in 11, wow rasahrd and dwight are something.

As for the big teams that arnt doing good like chicago, detroit, cleveland they will probably improve by time, very disapointed with chicago though the kobe rumors affected them alot.
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Boston's playing like expected. 2 losses so far into the season, 45-point thrashing of the Knicks, they're playing really, really well. I still don't think they'll get to the Finals, but let's see.

As for the Bulls, boy it's been a disappointing season so far. Cellar of the league, I really don't know what's wrong. On paper it's a very good lineup, but on the court they've just sucked bad. The Kobe rumors really hit them, now there's rumor that there's been a rift with Scott Skiles and his players. Tyrus Thomas is playing well, yeah, but everyone else isn't.

The Lakers have been alright so far, though I didn't like getting Trevor Ariza, really, really bad. Ariza is overrated, sure he dunks well but that's not going to make you a good player. Worse, they gave up Evans and Cook - these two are steady contributors off the bench, not that flashy but they still get the job done. If you had to trade someone away for the Lakers it'd be Crittenton, yes he's their draft pick but they don't need another point guard, plus the Vujacic-Farmar-Fisher rotation is playing out pretty good. They need to trade him while he still has potential.

Even more of a sleeper team, New Orleans. Problem is, they might move out soon because they have poor attendance sales - obviously, the Hurricane still hurts them alot. On the court they're an effective team though, plus they have a decent pick in Julian Wright who kinda reminds me of J.R. Smith, actually. If anyone's a sleeper team it's them, they're better than Houston who are still the most overrated team in the NBA right now.

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The young 2007-2008 season has been one of early major downs for the Golden State Warriors and then some very good ups once Stephen Jackson came back to the team after sitting out the first seven games of the season because of a league suspension. When they went 0-6 early I thought things were back to being typical Warriors, but they've since gone on a 7-1 run since then and with the exception of the Boston games they've handled each team pretty well. The game between them and Phoenix this week was a fun game to watch on TV and I think it was ten times more fun to see live.

When the Warriors are clicking they're pretty much the best fast team in the league. While their defense is still something they could improve on it helps that they can make huge runs in the early minutes of the first half that the opposing team (who may be more talented) has to constantly play catch up. I like how both Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins have improved on their break out season last year. Biedrins has pretty much averaged a double-double in points and boards in every game and Ellis is now being let loose by Nelson as a pure shooting guard instead of trying to turn him into a point guard. Once Nelso let him loose Ellis has been on fire. Him and Baron Davis as the Warriors combo guards can pretty much match-up with all other teams' combo guards and hold their own or better.

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:
Well, Boston's playing like expected. 2 losses so far into the season, 45-point thrashing of the Knicks, they're playing really, really well. I still don't think they'll get to the Finals, but let's see.

As for the Bulls, boy it's been a disappointing season so far. Cellar of the league, I really don't know what's wrong. On paper it's a very good lineup, but on the court they've just sucked bad. The Kobe rumors really hit them, now there's rumor that there's been a rift with Scott Skiles and his players. Tyrus Thomas is playing well, yeah, but everyone else isn't.

The Lakers have been alright so far, though I didn't like getting Trevor Ariza, really, really bad. Ariza is overrated, sure he dunks well but that's not going to make you a good player. Worse, they gave up Evans and Cook - these two are steady contributors off the bench, not that flashy but they still get the job done. If you had to trade someone away for the Lakers it'd be Crittenton, yes he's their draft pick but they don't need another point guard, plus the Vujacic-Farmar-Fisher rotation is playing out pretty good. They need to trade him while he still has potential.

Even more of a sleeper team, New Orleans. Problem is, they might move out soon because they have poor attendance sales - obviously, the Hurricane still hurts them alot. On the court they're an effective team though, plus they have a decent pick in Julian Wright who kinda reminds me of J.R. Smith, actually. If anyone's a sleeper team it's them, they're better than Houston who are still the most overrated team in the NBA right now.

Bulls- There are several main reasons why they are doing so terribly. Firstly they all seem to have very bad emotional control involving trade talks etc. But more importantly they have no low post presence, they're completely a jump shooting team. The only slasher is Ben Gordon but he isn't very tall and he isn't that strong so he doesn't score a lot in the paint. Live by the jumper die by the jumper. Also their defense seems to have slipped.

Ariza- You are completely wrong, Ariza is a very good role player and he brings speed and athleticism to the team, he plays great defense. Cook was an awful defender and Evans was solid defender but he's a terrible offensive player, he doesn't seem like an intelligent player and has an iffy jump shot.

Rockets- By the end of the season they'll be a huge threat they've started the season with some injury problems with yao and T-Mac. They're 0-6 without T-Mac in the lineup and he's going to miss about 6 more games, but I feel they'll start to mesh a bit, they have a lot of new players in the main rotation. They're 15-15 now, I expect them to finish rougly 50-32 and be a very strong team at the end of the season.
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOW not all of people watch basketball . THE posteseason is nearing in the NBA so what are your predictions espesialyy in the tightly contested western conference. WHO do you think would win the MVP award and why

For me The eastern conference will be

1.Boston 64-18
2.Detroit 58-24
3.Orlando 52-30
4.Cleveland 48-34
5.Philidelphia 43-39
6.Washington 42-40
7.Toronto 40-42
8.Atlanta 37-45
9.Indiana 36-45
10.Chicago 34-48

AS for the western conference

1. HOrntes 58-24
2.Lakers 57-25
3.SPurs 56-26
4.JAzz 53-29
5.Suns 55-27
6.Rockets 54-28
7.Golden state 52-30
8.Dallas 51-31
9.Denver 50-32

AS for the MVP award lebron and kobe are the strongest contenders chris paul winning is also possible as for my pick, If lebron and the cavs reach 50 wins i would like to see him win if he does not kobe is my choice
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Refs robbed the Warriors of a second win against the Lakers last night and for that I call shenanigans on official Bob Delaney, Laker's point guard Derek Fisher and to all the Lakers bandwagon fans who came out of the woodwork to attend the game last night at the Oracle Arena.

Shenanigans!

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Refs robbed the Warriors of a second win against the Lakers last night and for that I call shenanigans on official Bob Delaney, Laker's point guard Derek Fisher and to all the Lakers bandwagon fans who came out of the woodwork to attend the game last night at the Oracle Arena.

Fisher himself was not sure it was a foul.
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Playoff is set

My predictions

(1) BOSTON vs. (8) Atlanta
(Boston In 5)

(2) DETROIT vs. (7) Philadelphia
(detroit in 6)

(3) ORLANDO vs. (6) Toronto
(Orlando in 6)

(4) CLEVELAND vs. (5) Washington
(Washington in 7)

(1) LOS ANGELES vs. (8) Denver
(Los angeles in 6)

(2) NEW ORLEANS vs. (7) Dallas
(Dallas in 6 )

(3) SAN ANTONIO vs. (6) Phoenix
(San antonio in 7)

(4) UTAH vs. (5) Houston
(Houston in 7)
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boston vs. Atlanta - It's sad to think a team like Golden State missed the playoffs with that good a record and you have some sub-par team like the Hawks get in because of a weaker division. Boston will sweep through Atlanta anyway. Celtics in 4.

Detroit vs. Philadelphia - The Sixers are a pleasant surprise this season, but they don't have the experience to keep up with Detroit. In fact, no team is as experienced as the Pistons not counting San Antonio, so it'll be over quick. Pistons in 5.

Orlando vs. Toronto - For some reason, the Raptors got worse this season, so I'd bet on the Magic making it. Magic in 5.

Cleveland vs. Washington - Again? Does no one ever get tired of this matchup? Probably the closest matchup in the East, so it'll be a long one. I'll say Cleveland gets to edge Washington. Cavs in 7.

Los Angeles vs. Denver - And for topping the Western Conference, the Lakers win a first-round matchup with two of the NBA's top scorers! It's not a pleasant gift, but then again no one in the entire Western Conference is pleased with their matchups, because seedings don't matter anymore. Oh well, the Lakers will win this because anything Carmelo can do, Kobe can do better. Lakers in 6.

New Orleans vs. Dallas - Honestly, people are starting to gather up New Orleans as a serious contender. Frankly, I think they're out of the first round. Yes, they finished better than Dallas during the season. Yes, they have the most likely MVP in Chris Paul. But that's it. The Hornets aren't as experiencedas the Mavs, and that's a huge minus to them. Plus, Dallas is on a mission to avoid the first-round droupout like last year. Mavericks in 6.

San Antonio vs. Phoenix - And this is just the first round. Unbelievable. The best first-round matchup in the last 8 years or so. And the longest. These two teams practically know each other, and there's even a bit of spilled blood between them. However, Phoenix got a whole lot worse with Shaq. Seriously. They were better when they had Marion because they can run without having a liability lagging behind. And besides, they're up against a San Antonio team that hasn't changed much in the past 3 years - a team that can deal with anything. Spurs in 7.

Utah vs. Houston - Couldn't care less about Houston. T-Mac is as overrated as ever, and if it weren't for that huge win streak in the middle of the season, the Rockets would've missed the Playoffs. Plus, without Yao, it will be very, very difficult to stop Boozer and Okur together. Utah in 5.

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(1) BOSTON vs. (8) Atlanta
Boston in 4. The Hawks win a game against the Celtics? Not happening.

(2) DETROIT vs. (7) Philadelphia
Detroit in 5. Again too overmatched.

(3) ORLANDO vs. (6) Toronto
(Orlando in 6. Toronto has some potential, but until it becomes kinetic, they'll make an early exit.

(4) CLEVELAND vs. (5) Washington
Cleveland in 5. Shut the hell up Gilbert Arenas. LeBron owns you.

WEST

(1) LOS ANGELES vs. (8) Denver
Los Angeles in 5. Strongest 8 seed ever. What a Conference.

(2) NEW ORLEANS vs. (7) Dallas
New Orleans in 7. Nobody thinks the Hornets are for real. Maybe beating the Cubanites will validate them some.

(3) SAN ANTONIO vs. (6) Phoenix
Phoenix in 6. This is why they went out and got Shaq, isn't it? Dividends.

(4) UTAH vs. (5) Houston
Utah in 5. T-Mac in the playoffs (read: god awful) + Utah's unbelievable ability to win at home = Jazz in the next round.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Second round of the play-off already started

Lakers Vs. Jazz l

If utah can win the 2 second game in los angles im gonig for them but with the way los angeles is playing i dont think they can win. L.A In 6

Hornets Vs. spurs

The san antonio spurs needs to find there old self if they want to win this series. I still think experience will be big and as a spurs fans im going for them. spurs In 7

Magic Vs. pistons

detroit should be able to stop dwight and they actaulay did great in gaem 1 against him, its not gonna be easy but detroit has what it takes to conatain orlando's main man so detroit in 6

Cleveland Vs. boston

After seeing the atlanta seires, it proved that boston has a lot of things to improve if they want to win the championship. lebron has been playing great latley and has been in that triple doulbe games if lebron can do this against boston they have a chance.

Cleveland in 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: