Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How can this site survive?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If the Suikoden series ended, I'd say just let Suikox die with it. Everything has to come to an end eventually. People who have become friends here will stay in contact, if they want to. But I can't see the nation system and the never-ending war attracting many new people, honestly. No one wants to join a game that's been in progress for 3 years.

Without new Suikoden information to drive it, Suikox doesn't really have a purpose.

That said, I think there will be another Suikoden game in the future. This is just my gut feeling, though. If Suikoden was to be discontinued, Konami would probably make some sort of announcement to that effect.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who is to say Suikox would die?

There is already a strong foundation of suikoden information and speculation. Many series stop, and somehow still continue to have a strong fan base. Think of how the star wars series somehow still remains to have tons of forums all over the web, regardless of how no new movie will ever come out.

With every extra Suikoden game that does come out, the possibility this forum would last past the day the series dies.

There is a hoodie being made. I would say this forum alone is building a fan base, beyond the game :-P.

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say that I think this problem is quite serious after having some time to reflect on it. SME has only had one member in the past year that is still active. We've also lost of the old guard or at least seen drastic reductions in activity. I know we can't be the only ones suffering from this. Parallax has tried everything he can do to keep new people by adding a bunch of easily accessible and nifty features. We've all tried pming the new members to make them feel welcome. But no we're still slowly dying.

I may not be active outside of the Nation boards but I have always at least read everything outside of them. I can see the dwindling support in those areas as well. There is nothing that has been drawing in new solid members and all the while our supposedly strong base community is dwindling. In 100 days how many more people will be completely inactive in terms of the war game because they are just gone? Too many is gonna be my guess.

I also have a question to pose. With the creation of new nations like Nagarea and NAK how many Nations have suffered losses because of those? The SME has really not been affected so I really am curious. It seems every time something like that is created the old active people are spread even thinner. Like I said I haven't seen any effects but I could see it being bad in some places.

Old members will never be around forever. Life just gets in the way or they just run out of reasons to stay. If we don't try and find some new way to attract people then we're all gonna be in some serious trouble sooner or later. The Nation System and war game are one of the primary appeals here and how much longer are we gonna be able to keep our NLs interested in running things for the five active people they have around? I know its draining on ours.

Anyway thats my feelings on the matter now for a few suggestions that have not yet been brought up. While this may be a very very unpopular idea and I'm not even sure I support it I thought I would bring it up. We may need to reduce the number of nations. Combine some or resort some or I dunno the logistics of it. But if we were able to concentrate who was left instead of spreading them thinner and thinner it may at least revitalize our individual communities into active places for new people to hang out. It may be a whole lot more trouble than it's worth but there it is.

Besides completely restarting or simply expanding what we have to include other RPGs it seems like it may be one of our only other options. So since none of those seem to be particularly palptable we should probably try and brain storm up some new ones.

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How can this site survive? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
This is a what if question.

If there will be no further Suikoden sequel in the future, how can this site continue on?

Even if this site has loyal members who stay for ever, without new blood, communities stagnate and die. Because this site relies on Suikoden, if Suikoden dies as a series, so will the community because rarely will a dead series generate new fans.

What do you think this site needs to do to continue surviving, if suikoden is indeed dead?

Resign and die or expand its content toward another video games look like the only chances. However I hope there will be new suikodens!
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well,me, i like people here! nice people, free of flaming too. i can have a real discussion here more than anyone else. the fact of having people with the same taste as me also helps.

i think people tends to forget that new bloods do not always stays.i can't say for the other nations but i can't count how many people have gone missing in grasslands...

so i guess its not all about getting new blood but also a little luck so that he/she decides to stick around( hell even i coudln't speak here for like 7 months but it was because i didn't have time...

but i disgress... hmm well like anybody else... i guess we could see a drop. but. i think suikoden is not a game that's very known, i mean compared to the other giant series like final fantasy or dragon quest.

i think that this place is still nice andĀ its not how many people that comes here but the quality of people that comes here that counts...
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would think turning this site into a general RPG forum would'nt be a too bad move. I dont really come here that much for Suikoden anyway, its the community that I love, and although I like to see new members. Its the older ones that keep me coming back.

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its true, we do create a bond with the people here. when i went missing for seven months, i would always be wondering hwo the guys on suikox were doing and all... i guess sinper zegai's got a good point. the bond we create a very important.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we could talk about other games and other thigns and turn a nation system into a new system? your own plot and world. well or a few writers. yay?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: