Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Viki, Nash and Twilight Forest Ruins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Viki, Nash and Twilight Forest Ruins Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havn't played Suikoden V for a while and I'm not sure why my copy is since I moved house, but I wondered if someone could confirm or deny this. I was idly passing through Wikipedia the other day and I noticed this entry:

Quote:
Additionally, in Suikoden V, she suddenly appears within the Twilight Forest Ruins along with Nash Latkje, breaking a hole through the ruins’ roof because of an accidental transportation (which serves to free Lorelai and Killey from a booby trap). Viki and her companion both disappear shortly thereafter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recurring_characters_in_Suikoden

Is that true? I'm sure curious is all.

Would that have been during the Suikogaiden story that Viki would've accidently teleported Nash and Co into Falena?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've run the Suikogaiden's through my head, and I can't remember anything along the lines of Viki teleporting in with Nash. And actually, they're wrong on the freeing Lorelai and Killey part as well. It was only Lorelai that was caught by the traps. Probably needs to be edited with the correct stuff.

Though if someone wants to look through the Gaiden pics at Suikosource to confirm since it's been awhile since I played. But yeah, just a quick glance over the person who wrote it doesn't seem to be all that reliable.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was refering to Nash being teleported, not about Lorelai. Probably why I didn't find that topic ^_^

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikogaiden Vol. 2 Viki, Nash, Meg, Gadget and Millie (+ Bonaparte) all teleport into the Twilight Ruins where Killey and Lorelai are, freeing them both from the trap. However this is an event that happens before Suikoden V.

http://www.suikosource.com/images/gaiden2/3b/03x.jpg
http://www.suikosource.com/images/gaiden2/3b/03y.jpg
http://www.suikosource.com/images/gaiden2/3b/03z.jpg
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Argh, I deleted the post because I still do not find any conclusive answer in the other topic and then you gave a reply, Axiose. It would be very confusing to the readers... In any case, this is the link.

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=236606

Well, there is an event concerning Young Lorelai and Killey in Suikogaiden. Considering that the (not so) enlightening pictures also include Gadget, and that the game is strictly told with Nash's point of view, I think it is safe to assume that Nash is also there with Viki in the Twilight Ruins.

[EDIT: and lo! Yet another person posted when I was mingling with the posting system. I should probably hasten my typing speed...]

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh ho! I -was- wrong! I don't remember that part at all! That's awesome! I guess it's time for a replay, or at least a look through the old pictures.

Though I could have sworn Lorelai said she was alone when Viki crashed in on her.

Now this begs the question, how come Lorelai didn't know Meg, Gadget and Millie (with her retarded little pet) in Suikoden II! Or Viki in Suikoden I and II for that matter... (Obviously both the Gaidens and V happened after II and that's why but it's still fun to speculate! If they ever re-re-make Suikoden I-II they should add in that extra dialog!)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha, that picture of Gadget and Loreli cracks me up :D. On the topic of why the two don't recognize them well....um...they could have forgotten the...uh, Robot Barrel, cause those are kind of common, and definatly the strange girl with the, um, weird slug monster pet with a french name. yeah.

Hm, well, how did the event happen before Suikoden V? didn't the time table of the suikogaidens run close to the time table of Suikoden II? Did Viki take them back into the past then? And why wasn't this mentioned at all during Suikoden V? That would have been a prime place to say something about Viki/Robot/Bonepart strangeness and tie the series togeather a little. Stupid Konami, it's stuff like this that makes us crazy fans go out and wildly speculate on all the possibilities, I think they do stuff like this on purpose.

I hate you Onimaru.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's great, Hawk. I remember seeing those pictures before. That's kinda neat how it was tied together lke that.

Quote:
Obviously both the Gaidens and V happened after II

Suikoden V is set way before Sukoden I isn't it, Milan? Or were you joking?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru, Viki teleports through time between the games and also during Suikogaiden Vol. 2. And there were a few scenes mentioning Lorelai being freed by Viki in Suikoden V. Lorelai is pissed because Viki doesn't remember it, though for Viki it hasn't happened yet.

Viki's timeline is a bit iffy. What we know for sure is:
Suikoden V -> Suikoden I -> Suikoden II -> Suikogaiden Vol. 2 (Viki teleports both forward and back in time here) -> Suikoden III
Suikoden V definitely takes place before I, II and Suikogaiden Vol. 2 because Viki doesn't yet know Lorelai. Whether Viki went directly from V to I is unsure, our only clue is Viki saying "Say, where are we? The Empire? Which one? My goodness, almost the other side." when she appears in Suikoden I. Richmond's investigations of Viki in SII reveal that she's just left SI's victory feast and Suikogaiden Vol. 2 reveals that Viki has teleported from SII's victory feast 3 months before. Finally, Viki knows Luc in Suikoden III.

Then there's a few possibilities of where IV fits in. The only clues are that Viki feels she's bathed with Jeane before and that she feels she's seen the Ghost Ship before.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which could mean that the next Suikoden could take place before V. If not the comment box about Jeane would not be correct.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lorelai mentions knowing Viki in Suikoden V, but when she brings it up with Viki, Viki doesn't remember. I think this was relayed to the player in a comment box message by Lorelai but I cannot be sure.

Viki is a confusing character; even if she has met a character before, there is still a good chance she won't remember them. She's usually ignorant of her surroundings. Remember that Young Viki in Suikoden 3 acted like she had met the new Flame Champion (whoever you choose to bear the True Fire Rune) and when she gives you the Blinking Mirror she says something along the lines of "here, you can have this back" even though it's the first time you're getting it.

Confusing mess...

^Actual quote!
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Suikoden V is set way before Sukoden I isn't it, Milan?
I was told that Suikoden V takes place 15 years before Suikoden I.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V takes place six years before Suikoden I and eleven years before Suikoden II.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh? Suikoden V is six years before Suikoden and 12 years before Suikoden II. The Gate Rune Wars take three years to play out, and then another three years before the Unicorn Brigade incident.

6+3+3 = 12
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My bad. I misremembered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: