Suikoden United and Informational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SuikoX Hoodie
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: SuikoX Hoodie Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, so we were talking over in the Grass about making a hoodie for our nation. After much research, we've discovered that it'd be much more cost effective to have a general SuikoX hoodie made. I came up with a preliminary design, which can be found here. http://chajiko.deviantart.com/art/SuikoX-Shirt-test-68164863

So...what I need to know is what you guys think! How many of you guys would be interesting in purchasing such a thing?

The base price of the sweatshirts (available in all sorts of sizes) would be about 16 USD, with the cost of the printing on top of that. THe more we order, the less per shirt it will cost, so I want to get a preliminary number.
We'd probably have it screen printed, with an option to have your nation and username embroidered on the the left sleeve/shoulder.

So...let me know! I was going to make this a poll, but the option seems to have disappeared...O_o

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it is a very interesting idea. Your design is also very neat HH--I really like it.

...boy, in all my years of Suikoden fandom, I can honestly say I never thought a Suikoden community would produce outerwear. ^_^

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This seems like a real good idea and I would not mind to order one or two but let me check how much the shipping to here would cost.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:
...boy, in all my years of Suikoden fandom, I can honestly say I never thought a Suikoden community would produce outerwear. ^_^

Yet underwear is not an oddity apparently. :P

Honestly, I couldn't say whether this appeals to me. I'm not opposed to it and I do like me hoodies, but I tend to be frugal.

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, guys! I know it's SUPER nerdy to have a shirt, but it would be fun. Just imagine--what if you're wearing it somewhere and someone comes up to you and is like "HEY!! You're Zonder?? I'm (insert SuikoX username here)!!!" XD
Oh, I forgot to add that I would have them made locally (the Western US) and I would have no problem shipping anywhere you guys would like at cost. :)

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually think you'd need Vextor's permission if you were to go ahead and make these hoodies.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Based on what information we have here I would say no. It's all well and good to design the hoodie on paper and rough cost of materials and production but that is only small scale when dealing with consumers, especially considering the spread of which are actually here in however many countries.

What region are you looking for input from? What materials are you looking to make it from? Have you tested these materials so someone's not going to pay for it throw it in the wash and watch as it simply disintegrates? What insurances can you then give to those who would buy this? Are you only looking for base cost of production & shipping = total cost or a profit from this also? Is where you're planning on getting all this made reputable and not a cheap ass place? Are you then prepared to foot the bill if you end up delivering shitty products? Infringement on Konami's intellectual property with the runes? How about the site name unless you already have permission from the big cheese?

None of that is addressed, so I wouldn't think twice before rejecting it.

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Already talked to Vextor, and Fly---you think I would have brought this up if I hadn't already done the research? There's no reason to be insulting.

There are several very high quality clothier/printers near my house, and I wore hoodies printed/embroidered by them all through high school. I can guarantee their quality--they're not some stupid transfer-paper kind of thing.
As for the matter of the Rune design, I have looked this up as well and if I were to re-draw the Rune and use my drawing for the desin, we would not be infringing upon any copyrights. I do NOT intend to make any profit from these, the final price of the shirt for each member would vary off of the bare shirt/printing costs depending on if they wanted the embroidery and how/where they want it shipped.

The "on paper" design is VERY rough--I have been very sick and that's the best I could come up with on short notice.
I've done all this before for other groups, and it's really not as huge a deal as it seems.

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, then I wouldn't mind seeing one of these in the flesh (I wouldn't want one only because I don't wear hoodies). Just wouldn't want to support unofficial swag, you see.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TOTALLY understand that. Like I said, I even had the whole copyright thing checked out when it came to using a rune or rune-like design.

May I just say again to everyone that I will be charging COST for these things? I'm not doing this so I can make money.
We're going to need a minimum of twenty four before any of the real places will even think about printing it, however.

Those of you who have friends that don't venture outside of their nations, will you please tell them to either drop by this thread or PM me? I'd really like to get a preliminary list going...

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HarmonianHiccup wrote:
Already talked to Vextor, and Fly---you think I would have brought this up if I hadn't already done the research? There's no reason to be insulting.

May I ask how that was insulting? You asked for input on who would be interested in purchasing such an item to get a rough estimate. I stated that based on the information you had given that I would not be interested in the purchase, which states that then if those concerns are met I would be interested. The concerns were then listed since it would be insulting of me to state that "nope not interested" and bugger off.

So no, I am truly sorry if you felt hard done by, but I cannot see you could feel I was insulting the idea or yourself simply because I would want to make a most informed decision on purchase. Excuse my attempt at fleshing out the idea, I should have obviously known of your decisions and discussion in Grassland based on the information given here.

Please by all means continue.

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fly--your tone came across as harsh to me. Your words also indicated that you assumed I would have gone off half-cocked, which is something I take great care NOT to do, especially when other peoples' money is concerned. The way in which your questions were framed showed an assumption that I was stupid enough to not take care to have a quality job done, both concerning the printing and the things upon which the design would be printed, which is also something I cannot take kindly to.
I apologize if I did not take your words in the spirit in which you intended them.

EDIT: I just read my post and I keep leaving words out. My fingers can't keep up with my head. O_o

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It's all well and good to design the hoodie on paper and rough cost of materials and production but that is only small scale when dealing with consumers, especially considering the spread of which are actually here in however many countries.

Actually its not as expensive as you might think! A lot of my friends had a printing class in high school, and I know there is one here at my college. Anyways, people are still allowed to use these machines for a inexpensive price. Usually if you do something in bulk its always cheaper. Generally whats going to cost the most is distribution. I'm unsure of regional shipping costs, but I'm sure your working that out.

I like the idea, and if you decide to keep the current design that I saw, I might be interested. Though it takes a whole new level of dork, I'm quite positive none of my friends are going to even know what the hoodie means so I don't know why it would be a big deal to wear it.

Really, if you wanted to print a few without the nations on the back I'd still most likely be interested :-P. Keep us updated on how this is working out. I think I'm interested because I'm already sick of the cold up here in WI and I really need another hoodie..

Maybe before you start making tons of these though, you get a poll to get a more actual estimate of how many people would buy them :-P

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, that was another thing I was going to ask! As for the nations on the back, are you guys for or against that? It was a bit of an afterthought on my part. Also, what do you guys think of embroidering your unsernames/nations on the left shoulder? A couple of my old (old old now O_o) high school hoodies had that, and it's pretty classy. XD Of course, it's hard to be classy when you're wearing a superdork shirt, but oh well...
As for that, the whole thing's prett esoteric, so it would only be dorky if someone can identify what it is. And if they can, that means they're a dork too, so it's all OK!

I made a FFX hoodie once and made it look so very much like a mainstream fashion hoodie that no one to this day has ever identified it for what it is...>_>

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:

Actually its not as expensive as you might think! A lot of my friends had a printing class in high school, and I know there is one here at my college. Anyways, people are still allowed to use these machines for a inexpensive price. Usually if you do something in bulk its always cheaper. Generally whats going to cost the most is distribution. I'm unsure of regional shipping costs, but I'm sure your working that out.

Which was my train of thought, hence the regional question along with the question on pricing, since with international destinations I know it's cheaper to ship in bulk than individually and since I also know that there are a fair few of the Australian populace here centred around the Melbourne Metro area it would then also cut shipping costs to ship in bulk, send to 1 destination and then arrange distribution "locally" if there were to be numerous orders.

Which then leads to why so many questions since obviously importing in bulk you have less chances to then change your mind or pull out and the like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: