Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

5 geography questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: 5 geography questions. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Is it true that it's been mentioned that all roads in Harmonia are paved much as the ones in and around Muse and HighEast city.

2) Is there evidence that there is a "southern nation" situated south of the Grasslands? From what I heard in the past and from what I saw on various maps there very well could be a country there.

3) In the Suikogaiden Volume one intro there is a castle of somesort; can someone load the intro or display the picture of it please (thanks).

4) What ever happened to the King Ship after S4?

5) Based on your own speculation, where around Tinto are the "forested lands" that the Wingers once dwelled in? I speculate north between Tinto City and Lampdragon Mountain

Thank You for answering any or all these questions if you can.

Ryan.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 geography questions. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
2) Is there evidence that there is a "southern nation" situated south of the Grasslands? From what I heard in the past and from what I saw on various maps there very well could be a country there.

Tinto has invaded southern Grassland and has even created a border with the Zexen Confederacy in the process. So south of (northern) Grassland is now the Tinto Republic, and nothing else. I don't know anything about the tribes and clans that inhabited southern Grassland.

Quote:
3) In the Suikogaiden Volume one intro there is a castle of somesort; can someone load the intro or display the picture of it please (thanks).

Looks exactly like Schloss Neuschwanstein in Germany. (EDIT: I have a small problem with my webspace at the moment - the image should appear in a few minutes.)

Quote:
5) Based on your own speculation, where around Tinto are the "forested lands" that the Wingers once dwelled in? I speculate north between Tinto City and Lampdragon Mountain

The western half of the Twindragon Mountains. While the forests of the eastern half of the mountain range are still green, there is only brownish, dying forest in the western half, due to Tinto's not very eco-friendly mining operations. I think that's where the winghorde came from, but of course it could be any other location within Tinto Valley as well.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 geography questions. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uji and iscalio tag-team!

Templeton wrote:
1) Is it true that it's been mentioned that all roads in Harmonia are paved much as the ones in and around Muse and HighEast city.

Never heard that myself, but I doubt all roads are, Harmonia is the biggest country we've seen in Suikoden and a lot of the areas are neglected because of the status of it's inhabitants (third class etc.). Plus, places like Le Buque do not have these roads and are considered part of Harmonia.

Templeton wrote:

Are you talking about the headquarters? If so then it is never mentioned what happened to it, it is likely to be out of commission by the time of Suikoden V though.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 geography questions. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Templeton wrote:

2/I would agree with iscalio, that would be tinto.

4/I assume it went back into the isle of Obel where was originally hid.

5/The Lampdragon area seemed to be filled with what used to be woodland but like iscalio said much of tinto could be over looked and the woodland area could be anywhere.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh thanks so much people for your responses, and thanks for that Castle pic as well (must be somewhere in Harmonia).

As for the paved road concept I believe I picked it up from Vextor in the early years of Suikosource. I agree that not all area's could be paved, however, it is most likely that the major cities and towns are treated this way especiially in 1st class regions and 2nd class conquered nations. I'll send him a Private Message to ask this question just to confurm what I heard a few years back.

The King ship must be huge if it has all 108 stars within it; I always speculated that there would be a ship in the Suikoden world bigger then the one in Lunar Silver Story, but not that big. Does this ship have more people other than just the SOD's?

The Southern Nation could exist because in the Suikoden 2 booklet map there is displayed a grassy area just west of Tinto, which I first speculated to be the Grasslands which are actually north of Tinto and not west.

In Tony's ending message he mentioned wanting to make the lands of Tinto "fertile" makiing me believe that there is a drive to make agriculture and perhaps this lost Winger habitat accessable again. There's also the Octopus's of the old Tinto mine; I wonder if there is a whole network of Krakens within that shaft.

Thank You

Ryan
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, you do not need such a huge ship to contain 108 people, especially since they are the crew!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Templeton wrote:
The Southern Nation could exist because in the Suikoden 2 booklet map there is displayed a grassy area just west of Tinto, which I first speculated to be the Grasslands which are actually north of Tinto and not west.

Tinto grew a lot after Suikoden 2. This grassy area you speak of was Grassland, at least part of it, but Tinto has conquered all this land shortly after becoming a Republic. So "now" (now meaning during and after Suikoden III) there is most likely no nation south of the remainder of Grassland besides Tinto. Like I said, Tinto has a land border with Zexen - this more or less proves that the Republic controls all of Grassland's southern border now.

Quote:
In Tony's ending message he mentioned wanting to make the lands of Tinto "fertile" makiing me believe that there is a drive to make agriculture and perhaps this lost Winger habitat accessable again.

Gustav solved the food problem (aka shortage of fertile land) by conquering the southern grasslands. So I doubt Tony's ambition became Tinto's policy.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do we actually know how far south Zexen extends? For all we know it's Zexen that controls the areas to the south, and Tinto's borders are exactly the same as when they were in the Alliance/Republic.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, Leb. We know for certain that Tinto has invaded southern Grassland in the year IS 465 and conquered the territory. Gijimu was Tinto's commanding general.

I only used the argument about the Tinto-Zexen border (we know that Tinto went to war against Zexen and the Lizards in IS 478, three years after Suikoden III, and that the reason for the war was a border skirmish) to show that there is no room for a new nation along the southern Grassland border - I didn't mean to use it as evidence for Tinto's expansion.

I personally believe that Zexen is relatively small.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The King ship must be huge if it has all 108 stars within it; I always speculated that there would be a ship in the Suikoden world bigger then the one in Lunar Silver Story, but not that big. Does this ship have more people other than just the SOD's?

I can't remember the exact number, but the ship can hold a large number of underlings. There are also non-SOD characters that board the ship as the game progresses.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
No, Leb. We know for certain that Tinto has invaded southern Grassland in the year IS 465 and conquered the territory. Gijimu was Tinto's commanding general.

They never did say what the outcome of that war was, did they?

Quote:
I only used the argument about the Tinto-Zexen border (we know that Tinto went to war against Zexen and the Lizards in IS 478, three years after Suikoden III, and that the reason for the war was a border skirmish) to show that there is no room for a new nation along the southern Grassland border - I didn't mean to use it as evidence for Tinto's expansion.

I personally believe that Zexen is relatively small.

That was my point as well (I don't actually care if it's Tinto or not), but your repeated use of the argument that Tinto is the occupier of the south Grasslands made me wonder if there was some sort of evidence for that and not Zexen.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You are correct that we have no definite data about the territory Tinto conquered. But we know for sure that:

#1) They had already acquired territory to the west before the war of IS 465 even started, since they initially started the invasion of 465 to quell an uprising in the new territories.

#2) Five years later Tinto dignitaries were invited to the Zexen 50 Years Celebration. This at least implies that Tinto is already a nation in the proximity instead of only a small valley far to the southeast - otherwise an invitation to the celebration would be unlikely.

#3) Eight years later we have the (first) Tinto-Zexen war over a border dispute.

If Tinto failed to conquer southern Grassland in 465, then (to make your theory possible) Zexen must have invaded and conquered it between 465 and 470. But why would Konami inform us about the Tinto invasion, even providing some details, if it failed and didn't change anything in the end while not mentioning at all the hypothetical Zexen invasion that actually was successful and enlarged Zexen's territory considerably?
Konami even mentions the later Zexen-Tinto war. We simply have no reason no assume that there were other secret wars as well during that relatively short time period. Thus I think that it is most reasonable (given the general information provided by Konami and the conclusions we draw based on #2 and #3) to assume that Tinto's invasion was successful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: