Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Time Periods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Time Periods Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok so I'm helping my girlfriend out here, by polling some people. For a quick background, she's a history major doing a project for one of her classes, where she has to gather information on different people's favorite time periods, and how much they actually know about those periods. Not really sure the point of it, but I said I'd help, and I get brownie points for doing it! Please provide as much information you can! So onto the questions!

1. What is your favorite time period and why? (You can be vague or specific as you want. The Dark Ages or The Reign of King Themistocles of Athens are both acceptable!)

2. How much do you know about this particular time period?

3. Were there any civilizations prospering at that time? (Such has Rome or Mongolia?)

4. Were there any memorable leaders alive at this time? If so, who?

There were five questions total, but I err,, forgot to write them down when she showed them to me, and I can't remember the last one. And that's why they're sorted worded badly. Cause I can't remember their wording exactly either! So I'll probably add the fith one tomorrow!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) the reign of Pharaoh Ramses II of Egypt

2) there was a war with the Hittites and Kadesh/Qadesh was captured by the Egyptians. It is also considered to be one of Egypt's Golden Ages. It was during his reign that the Hebrew exodus occurred.

3) Egypt, Rome, Greece

4) Ramses II, Agamemnon, Menelaus
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Time Periods Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. What is your favorite time period and why? (You can be vague or specific as you want. The Dark Ages or The Reign of King Themistocles of Athens are both acceptable!)
About 1888-1945, the war years, because the world was never so united under one cause before or since. The entire buildup to war in the late 19th/early 20th centuries and again in the 30s is fascinating, the wars themselves tragic and epic at the same time, and let's stop the clock as soon as WWII ended because a lot of things got grey and mucky after that.

2. How much do you know about this particular time period?
Of the wars themselves and surrounding politics I've a fairly extensive knowledge. Of cultural and economic, not as much as I should.

3. Were there any civilizations prospering at that time? (Such has Rome or Mongolia?)
Same as today, give or take

4. Were there any memorable leaders alive at this time? If so, who?
Wilson, Pershing, Marshall, French, Haig, Joffre, Foch, Hindenburg, Ludendorff, Wilhelm II, Schlieffen, Moltke, Hitler, Churchill, Roosevelt, Stalin, Petain, de Gaulle, Eisenhower, Patton, Bradley, MacArthur, Montgomery, Alexander, Rommel, Kesselring, Giraud, Leclerc, Zhukov, etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: