Suikoden United and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Californication

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Californication Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw people mentioning this show in the Weeds topic and figured since there wasn't already a topic I'd make one.

I think this is a great show, has an awesome comedy element to it but the show also has a certain amount of realism that gives many of the scenes a bit of depth (and I'm talking about the relationship between Hank and his daughter in particular here). I like how the ongoing storyline creates most of the dramatic moments while each episode's individual story provides the comedy. I find that it's in many ways a different kind of show now than it was in the first couple of episodes.

The last episode I thought was a one of the best, the whole devil's threesome (I was calling it that based off a line from Scrubs, I didn't even realise that was the episode's name) scene was hilarious.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I mentioned in said Weeds thread, I dig Californication very much. However, I really feel that some of the characters need to be fleshed out some more, basically anyone besides Hank, Karen and Becky needs more face time because there's a lot of potential. I'm very anxious to see the remaining two episodes of the first season.

My favorite episode so far was the one where we met his Dad (in the past). I also fairly enjoy the music of the show, mostly a pastiche of classic and retro rock (they even played the BJM in The Devil's Threesome, fucking respect). The show really has nowhere to go but up and is on the same level in the first season as the first season of Entourage (but better than S1 Weeds).
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've caught one or two episodes of this show, and from what I've seen, it's very entertaining. I'm not as caught up in it because I don't actually have cable during the week and can only watch Showtime on weekends, and even then I don't watch that much.

I remember seeing the threesome between the bald guy, his wife/girlfriend and the secretary/assistance, and it was hillarious(seriously, when is ripping off a guy's nipple not funny). Definitely one of those shows I need to pay more attention to.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never saw this show, but the title screams for me to make a question:

There's Red Hot Chili Peppers music in it? The generic, more specifically?

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

There's Red Hot Chili Peppers music in it? The generic, more specifically?

As far as I'm aware, RHCP have yet to appear on the show's soundtrack, but they do have some very cool music. Several RHCPs would be perfect for the show, though (Generic: Dani California, Suck my Kiss, Aeroplane; Non-generic: Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Catholic Schoolgirls Rule, Coffee Shop).

Though I'm not huge on the PBJ-esque background music, not that I don't like it, but I just don't think it fits the show well.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've watched a bit of a this show here and there, but I was rather unsure about it. I didn't find the show to be as funny as I expected it to be (it's being promoted as "the funniest show in a long time" or something like that) and I just can't get into the jokes.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ending to (the first season or the series?) was good, and if you compare the final episode to the first you can see just how much Californication has changed in the short twelve episodes.

*SPOILERS* I'm glad Hank gets everything he wants (pretty much) at the end, and while there are certainly some storylines left over, like Mia and the book, I'm not sure how well a second season can go with Hank and Karen together. */SPOILERS*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: