Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Viktor's real motivation in Suikoden 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viktors real motivation is always based on helping the hero and vanquishing the bad guys.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you know....I was always sort of wondering if Viktor was recruited (and by whom) or did he just get himself in.

I mean...if it was the latter he must've done something to prove his worthiness y'know. The liberation army couldn't just let anyone join, could they?

if it was the first....I sort of wonder what his true relations to the liberation army were......

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goodspeed87

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viktor's whole self is defined in his actions. He relies, he yearns for adventure, and his spontaneity is enough in itself to describe his motives. He decided to get into the middle of things for the rush, and the adventure, the thrill of battle. Nothing more in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I think he was in it for the beer. And maybe to get a little action.

I definatly agree. :mrgreen:
King Jarrett

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he was in it for killing neclord...then he told mcdohl that his journey ended but mcdohls hasnt soo he will continue to fight by mcdohls side :shock:
DUHHH
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Further more if Viktor had been one of the founding members of the Liberation army how come he was not in the Suiko 1 intro

Well, he was too busy shirking on an Inn tab to fight. I think every one should leave Viktor alone so he can busy himself on mastering Viki's technique and can make his way to Suikoden 4.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hhmm if i consider the fact that viktor always act carelessly , rudely, casually, and bearlike .... i'd want o say that he wanted to freeload the liberation army.... but if we takt the fact that he always seem to find the hero that will lead the cause hes helping to victory ( even if sometime it is not his intention...) i'D say he has somekind of intuition... sure we all saw how carefree he acted sometimes...like when he goes barging, conning people for free meal, or saying something like " wake up or i'm trowing ya in the river again" .... BUt we all must look at the time he was serious and like when he proposed tyr to lead the army just after gremio's death(even tough he declined his own offer cause he knew people woul'nd lok at him the same way people looked at tyr for hope and courage...remember how gentleman he was with anabelle when he brought her some wine fron kanakan the night she got killed...remember how fatherly he acted when he told the story about genkaku to the little hero and nanami( tough she slept half of the time...)

all that too say that i think viktor has some kind of sixth sense so he can smell the action and the winning side... what was his star of destiny already... i think it was the star of loneliness or something like that... so since he lived most of his life alone before he encountered flik and created their duo ... i think that it is kind of his fate to see him into the big changes of the world... it is kinda his karma to find the trouble and the way to solve it and make the world chage is some kind of bonus hahaha...

all that to say that i think it was purely intentional that he joined oddessa, not for the benefit but i think more by intuition...( i might come back at it if i find something else.... maybe...)
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The best I see, Viktor was totally lost after North Window was destroyed. Not knowing where to go, and blinded by his need for vengeance, he made his way to the Scarlet Moon Empire, because I'm sure he knew that Neclord had received a posistion of power in the empire. I doubt that he knew Flik or the others from the start, rather he met them when he went with Tir. It seems like he was just caught up in a storm of events for a while until Neclord was defeated, then he considered his role over. But when he was rescued by Tir, he realized that he not only owed Tir a lot, but Tir was a companion of his now, and decided to help him finish the job. He obviously felt the best way to extricate himself from Toran without hurting anyone's feelings was to escape from the capital near the end of the game.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is how I looked at it myself.

A. Neclord destroyed Viktor's hometown. Killed his family, his friends and the woman he loved. Thus Viktor wanted to end Neclord.

B. He "does" that in Suikoden 1, then leaves the party to do his thing.

C. He gets captured by I'm pretty sure the SME. He then is rescued by Tir and the gang so he returns the favor and in doing so gets back at the SME for taking him prisoner.

D. End of Suikoden 1 he and Flik fight off the SME troops so Tir and friends escape. It seemed to me that he enjoys the rush of battle.

E. In a book in the Suikoden 2 library it lists as members of the Liberation army as Odessa, Humphery, Sanchez, Flik, and some others also say Viktor. Thus it never says if he truly was an original member.

F. In Suikoden 2 the Highland army destroys his fort, kill Pohl and try to do in the rest of the Mercs at the fort. Viktor can't stand for this, he has to get revenge. After all, if you were a warrior and someone destroyed your home, wouldn't you want revenge? Thus thats why he ran to Muse to tell Annabelle what was going on and help Muse. He had to stick it out till the end to see Highland fall.

G. Last one, I think. Viktor seems to me to be the kind of person who believes in an eye for an eye. Neclord did in his village, thus Viktor did in Neclord. Highland did in his fort, thus Viktor helped do in Highland and Luca. He seems to be a guy who even though it doesn't show, Viktor believes in justice.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I believe that Victor was talking about the whole thing with Neclord I would say that yes there might be a remote possibility that Viktor also had another motive behind being there. However he would not have steadily become friends with Flik if it had been to invade Toran as Flik is from Toran. Ok technically he is from the Warriors Village but that Warriors Village is in the Toran Republic. Anyways, yeah I seriously think that it's only talking about his battle with Neclord.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he must have known flik before suikoden 1, becuz when flik runs away on mcdohl after odessa dies...viktor tries to talk to him..and him and flik must go way back, maybe flik and viktor met in muse becuz vicktor knew anabella before suikoden 1 sooo maybe ?
King Jarrett

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes thats the point he wants to kill neclord...and then he cant just not help mcdohl...maybe he also wants to make a name for himself for being in the scarlet moon wars
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Flik and Viktor met before Suikoden I, it would just be whilst they were in the Liberation army. There has never been any information that Flik ever left Toran before the events of Suikoden I, so I doubt that is where they met.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
George_Prime

21st Infantry Division

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Victor was fighting the evil empire and had ended up just running into Neclord who was working for that evil empire? thats what i thought was the story for victor, am i right?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Neclord destroyed his home town, killed everyone Viktor cared about and then when Viktor returned for revenge he was left for dead.

Years later he's fighting the SME with the Liberation Army and runs into Neclord who's also fighting for SME - well not really. He's with Windy so he gets to do what he wants in Toran whilst she has control over Barbarossa.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: