Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stuff that makes you wonder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

He left on a journey, as you said. That is all we're ever given.

At least it's better than Sasarai and his "existential angst" for the love of god, the guy is 30 something, he's too old to be angsty. (*Is quickly beaten by SARS*)

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lady Dynast wrote:
.....Just why do RaggedOnes have rubber ducks on them...?

The bigger question is what did they eat to make their farts so deadly??? (And where can I get some? :D)

Scarlet assassin wrote:
At least it's better than Sasarai and his "existential angst" for the love of god, the guy is 30 something, he's too old to be angsty.

Well, he had a serious mind-bending experience with Luc, and he had to go and re-think his own existence. Maybe he did not see things clearly until Luc came along? *shrug* I think everyone can have existential angst, regardless of age. I mean, what are mid-life crises after all but a realization that the best years of your life are behind you and you only have so much longer before you slow down to a crawl? Cut Sasarai a break!

Oh, and his hat was AWESOME by the way! I got three pair at home myself! :P

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is possible to have "existential angst" at age 80.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:

Although it is slightly more annoying.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Of course, if I were 80 I'd be wondering why I was still alive, that counts as existential angst.

anyway, I've got some more questions.

What could possibly kill Ridley so that you'd have to use Boris?

Is Klaus afraid of going bald?

Do you think everyone made fun of Blackman for his name?

Why did Leknaat give Cleo a fire crystal?

Wouldn't it make sense that the descendant runes of true runes would appear more and more the closer you got to the true rune parent? THerefore, since the sword runes and shield rune are all focused in Grasslands, wouldn't it make sense that Riou and Jowy had fled there?

Why does Sierra have the only descendant rune of the soul eater?

Did the Nay-kobolds suffer some sort of genocide between Suikoden 4 and SUikoden 1? And if so, why didn't I get to help strangle those annoying kittens?

Why did Piccolo shut Estella up?

Did Kahn ever become a mineralogist?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I doubt it. He gets his looks from his mother, and I bet his hair won't suffer pattern baldness b/c he's a bishounen.

Quote:

I'd be more worried if my name was 'Blackmail'. Identity problems, you know.

Quote:

Because she's SPECIAL.

Quote:
Did the Nay-kobolds suffer some sort of genocide between Suikoden 4 and SUikoden 1? And if so, why didn't I get to help strangle those annoying kittens?

It was Neko Blight, he did it!

Quote:

Well he has nothing better to do. Maybe the Marley family will become a long line of reputable mining canary breeders. 8)

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And now for the serious answers. :P

What could possibly kill Ridley so that you'd have to use Boris?

Seeing as he's not a playable character it's likely he's more a skillful general than a superb warrior. Thus, I assume the reasonably strong monsters of Tinto could kill him if he was alone or surprised.

No. His father went bald at around the same age as Klaus is now and Klaus shows no signs of balding. Maybe when he was younger.

I never got this. Blackman is a surname. And you don't need to be black to have it as a surname. And Blackman doesn't look black.

To protect Tir with, of course. Using her Magic Powers she knew that Cleo would be sticking with Tir for a long time, hence, a gift to help her fulfil her duty, a kick-ass rune.

Wouldn't it make sense that the descendant runes of true runes would appear more and more the closer you got to the true rune parent? Therefore, since the sword runes and shield rune are all focused in Grasslands, wouldn't it make sense that Riou and Jowy had fled there?

No. After a thousand years the True Rune can move pretty far and have visited quite a few places. Same for the pieces that have broken off. When a piece breaks off and forms a lower level rune, nothing states that the rune lands right beside you. It could shoot off like a meteor for all we know.

Why does Sierra have the only descendant rune of the Soul Eater?

As the Darkness Rune is a standard rune... luck. She happened to find one. Maybe they were common in the region of the world she comes from. Maybe it was in the same nation as the Village of the Hidden Rune.

Did the Nay-kobolds suffer some sort of genocide between Suikoden 4 and Suikoden 1? And if so, why didn't I get to help strangle those annoying kittens?

Nay-Kobolds originate from only the Island Nations as far as I know. Even if they were all traders they'd deliver their cargo as far as Kooluk before having someone else take it up to Toran, Dunan etc.

I see no reason why he didn't. He trains for it, nothing seems to contradict it, his life goal is over. I'd say yes.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:

To protect Tir with, of course. Using her Magic Powers she knew that Cleo would be sticking with Tir for a long time, hence, a gift to help her fulfil her duty, a kick-ass rune.

True... out of Tir's group at that time (consisting of Gremio, Cleo, Pahn, and Ted), Cleo is the only one who can't die. But she's good with the rune too, at least for a while. :)
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the others have answered the questions, I'll just make a note about this:

Quote:
Why does Sierra have the only descendant rune of the Soul Eater?

It's not the ONLY offspring of the Soul Eater. Unbeknownst to many, you can get on at North Window Castle early on, and it also shows up as a regular purchase in the rune shop of South Window City (I think it appears after defeating Luca Blight. If not, then probably after defeating Neclord.)
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I have a few (forgive me if they've already been asked, but this is a huge thread):

Who is Tomo's mother (Tsai's wife)?

Why are there monsters in L'Renouille?

What exactly is Igor's job description? How does he know the Lo siblings?

What's Travis doing hanging around that grave in those ruins in the first place?

Why was Shiramine in the ocean when you meet him?

What's up with Chadli's helmet?

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:

The game wouldn't be so challenging if there weren't any, would it?

Nutflush wrote:
What exactly is Igor's job description? How does he know the Lo siblings?

All I know is that he owns the bath in Mordo, and the Lo siblings have been making profit out of his bathhouse, and I think they aren't giving him commission.

Nutflush wrote:
What's Travis doing hanging around that grave in those ruins in the first place?

Waiting to trick someone into using an Escape Talisman, and go all the way to see him again.

Nutflush wrote:
Why was Shiramine in the ocean when you meet him?

Shiramine was swimming at the seas, looking for juicy worms.

Nutflush wrote:
What's up with Chadli's helmet?

He wants to be unique so that people would recognize him. He gets a "WTF?" reaction most often than not, but I suppose it works for him.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Nutflush wrote:

The game wouldn't be so challenging if there weren't any, would it?

I'm not sure if the monsters were contained within the castle or not, but I chose to believe that due to the awakening of the Beast Rune, it drew a lot of monsters and demons closer to it's proximity due to the powers of the rune. They were drawn to the bloodshed and wanted to be a part of it - with the majority of the army defeated in battle and the castle "virtually" deserted, the monsters would have nobody to stop them.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about the monsters at Rockaxe Castle? Here's my theory: I think Gorudo is the type who is just fond of breeding Hippogriffs and Cockatrices and he lets them loose inside the castle should a group of six or less people try and make their way up to it to burn the Highland flag while they go to war.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He'd be quite the Pokemon fan.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Fliktor! Good answer! You definitely know the goings-on in your castle, hehe. I hope you've since had the exterminators over and freshen up the place? :D

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: