Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stuff that makes you wonder
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Stuff that makes you wonder Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

During my previous play of Suikoden II, I had some unusual questions pop into my mind from the various Suikodens... riddles that might never be solved or could be with some creative thinking. Like for example...

How can Karen's nails be blacksmithed? If they're pounded by hammers, it's gotta hurt somehow. Or maybe Tessai knows how to do manicures. O_o;;

Why can't Richmond do investigations on McDohl, yet he can on the optional four squirrels?

Why can't Sierra use the Blue Moon Rune in battle?

Would the Nameless Urns come from the Nameless Lands?

I think of some more later, and if you guys have strange riddles like this, bring them up.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuff that makes you wonder Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Benit149 wrote:
Why can't Richmond do investigations on McDohl, yet he can on the optional four squirrels?

I think the answer to this one would be McDohl never actually joins you, he isn't a part of your army he just joins the party if you ask, soon as he is removed he automatically returns home.

As far as the Karen one, the same can be wondered about how a frying pan, slingshot, fists and a multitude of others are sharpened.

My wonders are why do Dwarves and Kobolds continue to attack you even after you become allies with them in Suikoden I? Makes me believe in the *Chief of the Dwarves is an Imperial collaberator* story.

How do those sharks in the two river sewers swim in solid rock?

How do all those people fit in such a small boat?

Why are Riou and Jowy the only ones without helmets in the unicorn brigade?

Why won't your OWN soldiers let you the leader of the army, the man who signs their checks, go certain places?

Just what IS past those soldiers on Jowston hill that they won't let us see?

Why, in Suikoden I, III and IV do none of your people, EVER move from the spots they are found in?

Why do you still have to pay the blacksmith, armorer, and item shops, etc. when they are working FOR YOU?

Just what DOES Crowley and Mazus DO in those caves all day long?

Why does Ellie have a portrait?

I'm sure I can think of a million more, but that'll do for now.:)

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

How can Karen's nails be blacksmithed? If they're pounded by hammers, it's gotta hurt somehow. Or maybe Tessai knows how to do manicures.

They're fake nails. So they can simply be removed, smithed, and placed back on her delicated little fingers.

Quote:

The four squirrels live in North Window Castle whereas Tir McDohl's home is in Gregminster. A bit too far for Richmond to travel just to rummage through his drawers.

Quote:

Why can't Sierra use the Blue Moon Rune in battle?

The Blue Moon Rune seems to run on sacrifice. Sierra, as far as I'm aware, did not sacrifice 100 souls after regaining her rune from Neclord to unseal its power once more.

Quote:

Would the Nameless Urns come from the Nameless Lands?

Seeing as the Nameless Lands are not an actual nation or ethnic group, very unlikely. That and they only seem to come from Kunan. :P

EDIT

Quote:
My wonders are why do Dwarves and Kobolds continue to attack you even after you become allies with them in Suikoden I? Makes me believe in the *Chief of the Dwarves is an Imperial collaberator* story.

Without a 24 hour Great Forest network, the orders not to attack random passer-bys that may be Liberation Army officers surely takes a long time to get around.

Quote:
How do those sharks in the two river sewers swim in solid rock?

They're magic ground sharks. (Crap, I know, but, well, that's what they are.

Quote:
How do all those people fit in such a small boat?

They all sit on each others lap. It's uncomfortable but not impossible.

Quote:
Why are Riou and Jowy the only ones without helmets in the unicorn brigade?

They're not, for one. But, it's probably because their helmets were taken by mean Kyaro bullies. Or simply because they have good hair.

Quote:
Why won't your OWN soldiers let you the leader of the army, the man who signs their checks, go certain places?

"For his protection", apparantly. It's a bad excuse but if a spy DID get in and you were allowed wander around, you'd be an easy target.

Quote:
Just what IS past those soldiers on Jowston hill that they won't let us see?

I actually wonder about this myself.

Quote:
Why, in Suikoden I, III and IV do none of your people, EVER move from the spots they are found in?

They do, apparantly. It's just a humourous coincidence that EVERY time you re-enter a room they just HAPPEN to be where they were.

Quote:
Why do you still have to pay the blacksmith, armorer, and item shops, etc. when they are working FOR YOU?

To allow them to order more supplies, etc. They don't have unlimited items and they have to order and pay for them too, they need customer funding.

Quote:
Just what DOES Crowley and Mazus DO in those caves all day long?

Apparantly to meditate and reserach magic in secret without the risk of being bothered. Which never works.

Quote:
Why does Ellie have a portrait?

Doesn't she join your convoy in Suikoden II if your Suikoden I saved file contains a dead Gremio? If so, that's why.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

XD

Hey you are pretty darn good at making up answers that make some sense John Layfield, how about these:

Why do the people of Na-Nal not seem to notice or be attacked by the many monsters roaming around their town?

How does everyone fit on the back of Black and where is this conviently absent basket?

How are all of the huge boulders, stones and debris cleared away and furniture placed in Suikoden I & II's headquarters immediatly after the boss is defeated?

How are the stone bridges built that connect to the towers in Suikoden I's headquarters?

Why does Huan treat that same old man the entire time while ignoring those screaming in pain in the beds?

Why DOESN'T Zamza have a room?

Where do those that don't have a room sleep?

Where do the other two Riou's come from in the rock climbing game? and why isn't Riou freaked out by this?

How do the plants in the garden and the baby animals all grow in a matter of seconds if you leave and come right back?

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of these questions are bloody hard, and I'm stumped on a lot of them. But here it goes.

Quote:

Why do the people of Na-Nal not seem to notice or be attacked by the many monsters roaming around their town?

A powerful people like those on Na-Nal fear no monsters, so they just don't really care. I assume a pesudo-warrior race like the Na-Nal think it's good for the body to fight some monsters on the way to work.

Quote:

How does everyone fit on the back of Black and where is this conviently absent basket?

Well, Black is quite big or at least should be, so the problem really is only where does the basket go. And the answer to that is... his side. The basket actually slides to his side like a side-car on a motorcycle so it's blocked by Black's imposing bulk in the short scenes of him flying.

Quote:

How are all of the huge boulders, stones and debris cleared away and furniture placed in Suikoden I & II's headquarters immediatly after the boss is defeated?

Those aren't boulders etc. They're the ghosts of the former buildings in North Window. Whoooooo, spooky. So when the boss is defeated and the curse is lifted, those debris journey to the after-life, free at last.

Or, for a more rational excuse: They were simply removed when neccessary. As in, the party cleared up the rubble as they walked around the castle, simply because if they didn't, it'd take too long to get anywhere within North Window.

Quote:

How are the stone bridges built that connect to the towers in Suikoden I's headquarters?

Well, I'm not a designer but I think it's very possible for those bridges to be built over time. In-Game time is very confusing, after all, Suikoden I takes place over three years. Which means if you left the castle and re-entered immediatly, a good few hours will have passed. Enough time to build a bridge if rushed.

Quote:

Why does Huan treat that same old man the entire time while ignoring those screaming in pain in the beds?

Triage. Those screaming in pain will most likely die anyway, while the old man will probably survive. Thus, the old man gets the priority treatment.

Quote:

Why DOESN'T Zamza have a room?

I don't think Nanami ever forgave him. And when you're the sister of the leader of the entire army, that's probably going to get your name off the housing list.

Quote:

Where do those that don't have a room sleep?

General shared quarters with the rest of the army. You'd think being a Star of Destiny would guarantee you a room, but, nope. Space is limited, so only your friends get rooms.

Quote:

Where do the other two Riou's come from in the rock climbing game? and why isn't Riou freaked out by this?

Well, they're obviously soldiers in imitation tunics, aspiring to be like Riou, much like Ko in Banner Village. Riou doesn't mind a little hero worship. It makes up for the fact that he never actually gets to make a choice regarding the army anyway.

Quote:

How do the plants in the garden and the baby animals all grow in a matter of seconds if you leave and come right back?

Yuzu and Tony are REALLY good at their jobs. After all, they have to be, it's their DESTINY to do these jobs to end war, they need to excel.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How bout this: Where do all the extra rooms you need to go through to get to Neclord in the castle before it's yours go? And where are the two sky bridges with all the gargoyles?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
How bout this: Where do all the extra rooms you need to go through to get to Neclord in the castle before it's yours go? And where are the two sky bridges with all the gargoyles?

Well, that's as a result of the boss dying, thus removing all supernatural and occult influences from the castle. Just like in any good adventure, killing the big monster fixes everything he ever did. Including infrastructure, apparantly.
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what is the name of the inhabitants of the Nameless Lands ?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where does the rest of Northwind Castle go after you defeat the Neclord? There's a whole region missing.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

what is the name of the inhabitants of the Nameless Lands ?

Well, that's not really a 'thing that makes you wonder'. But, there is no generic name of the inhabitants of the Northern Outlands as it is made up of several tribes and states.

Quote:

Where does the rest of Northwind Castle go after you defeat the Neclord? There's a whole region missing.

It sank into the ocean, thanks to the cliched notion that when a boss is defeated things shake and fall a lot. And North Window is right by the sea and all...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

As the case with the majority of "bad guy" castles in RPG, it either colapsed leaving no wreckage, was constructed and held into existence by the mind powers of the "bad guy" or they decided it was a vile colour and destoryed it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
cutie_bunnie

The Peach Mountain Shoguns

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In II, where are all the horses used for the cavalry units kept?

And why is it that 3 chickens can feed a whole army?

Also, why can you only use the telescope in the watch tower to view inside the castle, wouldn't you want to look outside just in case someone is coming?

side note: I really did like those gargoyle bridges and extra rooms in the castle when it was held by Neclord... they should have kept them...

Last edited by cutie_bunnie on Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

In 2, where are all the horses used for the cavalry units kept?

Stables, duh. Just because you don't see them, it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Quote:

And why is it that 3 chickens can feed a whole army and make 6 different meals?

Small portions. :P
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's one that we were mulling over in our nation awhile ago that to my knowledge has nevr been answered. In Suikoden II, where do you find Badeaux in your castle?

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually he's looking for you, and the two of you just have -really- bad luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: