Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favourite Music Genre & Currently Listening Thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Favourite Music Genre & Currently Listening Thread! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A simple enough topic really, i am interested to know what kind of music you all like. Me? I am i big fan of the electronic genre and i would typically listen to Trance, wether is be Hard, Progressive or Uplifting Trance. I also enjoy listening to Hard House and Hard Dance.

Some of my favourite DJ's include;

Mauro Picotto
Lisa Lashes
Armin van Buuren
BK
Tiesto
Paul van Dyk
Tidy Boys
Ayla
...........there are alot more, i'll add more later!

I am currently listening to;

Tidy Addict
Lisa Lashes
Extreme Euphoria
Sensation

Post away fellow members!
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

J-Pop for me, thanks. Though I'll listen to most anything once.

I don't really have favourite bands or groups seeing as the sad truth is that the majority of songs any band will churn out will be bland save for their famous hits and the like. So, I just enjoy individual songs without tying myself down to a particular group or genre.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rock, nothing but rock. With higher preference to todays rock opposed to classic rock, Some classical,Goth, and Industrial is ok. I loathe rap.

Bands include but not limited to:
Godsmack, Slipknot, System of a Down
A Perfect Circle, Coal Chamber, Incubus
Static X, Tantric, Default
Staind, Orgy, Bush
Creed, Aerosmith, Linkin Park
Korn, AC/DC, U.P.O
P.O.D, Trapt, Shinedown
Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Nickelback
Type O Negative, Puddle of Mudd
Marylin Manson, Drowning Pool, Disturbed,
Pearl Jam, AFI, Soundgarden
Evanescence, White Zombie/Rob Zombie
Tool, Seether, Green Day
Offspring, G'N'R, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my favorite genres are Classic Rock, Rock and Hip Hop. It's the sub-genres that I find people listen to the most ('Gangsta' Rap, Britpop and Progressive rock, to name a few).

At the moment I'm listening mostly to Oasis, Mos Def and Pink Floyd, so there really isn't anything new to report on the music front. I missed my chance to get tickets to Oasis, Green Day and U2, but that's cool.
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

especially hip-hop.

well, nothing against some rock (i put everything with guitars of any type in the "rock" case . ) as long as it doesn't kill 100 cellbrains for every second of listening.
i have some problems too with "hardcore techno" .

in my favs :

Busdriver
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
Lewis Parker
MF Doom
(and french bands, like the Svinkels, TTC . . .)

and i'm currently listening to the last record of Gorillaz - Demon Days.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a huge rocker and love the classic rock groups from the 60's and 70's era. My favorite style however is Glam Metal with groups like Motley Crue, Poison, Def Leppard and the likes. I will listen to just about any music as long as it is not country because I can't stand country music.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I listen to primarily Electronic music, but I also listen to some Gothic rock, New Wave, 70's/80's music, World(Vas, Dead Can Dance), Metal, Top 40, Alternative, and well, I guess just a little bit of everything. I'm too lazy to list them all. I tend to avoid most Jazz and Country though, but not always.

Right now, I'm listenting to mostly VNV Nation, and whatever is on my I-Tunes playlist and CD collection. I'm compliling songs for Fandom Soundtracks. There's a community on livejournal dedicated to it(FST).
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I listen to anything really. I have no definative tastes, but the majority of my CD's are of the following:

Incubus, NOFX, No Use For A Name, Dream Theatre, Anti-Flag, Exploited, GBH, No Fun At All, K's Choice, Slayer, Pennywise, blah, blah, blah. I could actually send my list on an on, but pointless really.

Punk Rock really generalises everything to me from Metal through Punk to Ruck, though not really MTV/VH-1 bands, is generally my prefered musical taste.

It's not technically a band, but Axis of Justice album is a fantastic listen if you don't mind acousitc music. A nice cover of a U2 song at the start and some really nice tunes. Even SARS might like it as there are a few country songs on it. I figured it would be failry aggressive music, but it's completely relaxing.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me it's 80s 80s 80s!!!
I also like some older like Bowie and Queen, Blondie
Sublime, Beatles, Eminem, showtunes, Bloodhound Gang
Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies kicks so much *ss it's ridiculous
ABBA, Weird Al, novelty songs, Dusty Springfield, 60's girl groups
Some instrumentals (Ave Maria and Night on Bald Mountain for example)

stuff like that.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm all about the heavy metal. I like pretty much all sub-genres like power, thrash, death, symphonic, progressive, speed/shred, black, classic, and some glam. I try to stay away from nu-metal however(bands like slipknot, linkin-park, lamb of god), as any true metaller does. :p Punk, classic rock, and some underground rap I also will listen to on occasion.

Some bands I'm always listening to:

AC/DC, Accept, Angra, Anthrax, Anti-Flag, Arch Enemy, At the Gates, Autograph, Avantasia
Bad Religion, Behemoth, Black Sabbath, The Bled, Blind Guardian, Bruce Dickinson
Cannibal Corpse, Cans, Children of Bodom, Chinchilla
Dark Tranquility, David Lee Roth, Death, Death Angel, Demoniac, Demons & Wizards, Dio, The Doors, Dr. Dre, DragonForce, Dragonland, Dream Evil, Dream Theater
Edguy, Einherjer, Elf, Elvenking, Ensiferum, Exodus
Falconer, Final Fantasy soundtracks, Freedom Call
G3, Gamma Ray, Guilty Gear X soundtracks
Hammerfall, Heavenly, Helloween
Iced Earth, Immortal, Immortal Technique, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Iron Savior
Jag Panzer, Jedi Mind Tricks, Joe Satriani
Kamelot, King Diamond, Korpiklaani, Kotipelto, Kreator
Labyrinth, Led Zeppelin, Lost Horizon, Luca Turilli
Mac Dre, Mago de Oz, Manowar, Megadeth, Mercyful Fate, Metallica, Michael Angelo, Moonsorrow, Morbid Angel, Motley Crue
Napalm Death, Necrophagia, Nightwish, Nile, Nocturnal Rites, NOFX
Pantera, Queen, Quiet Riot
Rainbow, The Ramones, Rhapsody, Rush
The Scorpions, The Seatbelts, Secret Sphere, Sepultura, Sinergy, Slayer, Soilwork, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Suidakra, Symphony X, Symphorce
Testament, Vader, Van Halen, Venom, The Who
Wintersun, X Japan, Yngwie Malmsteen

Well, that's basically the ABCs of my ipod library. :D
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Fires blade

Flames wrath

109 Potch
141 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i listen to rock only classic rock, modern, heavy, gothic, no rap what so ever

the bands i listen 2 are lynard skynard, led zeppelin, the used, collide, linkin park, 3 doors down,godsmack, leagon of doom, forgotten screams, jimmy eat world, good charolett, my chemical romance, straylight run ect. ect. ect.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok, where to begin?

Creed, Def Leppard, Deftones, Final Fantasy soundtracks, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Incubus, Led Zepplin, Linkin Park, Nirvana, NOFX (Only heard one son though, "All the Shirts are Torn", but i love it), Oasis (in the beginning, but i feel that they suck now), Outkast, Pearl Jam, POD, Queen, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, System of a Down, Wierd Al Yankovic

Those are pretty much the rock bands i listen to, with the exception of Outkast, since they're not rock.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684690 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha, i will probably be a loner on this one but i am a huge rap fan. I probably have more tupac tracks on my computer than people knew existed. Right now i am listening to lil boosie a lot. He is a rapper from my home state and a pretty good one at that. Anybody who likes rap should check him out.

Other than rap though i like a wide variety of music. I have friends who like rock, pop, country, and oldies so i get exposed to a vast array of music all the time. Everybody has there own thing and i think just about every kind of music is good in it's own way so i never diss a genre.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, Barbarossa. I also got friends who have their own taste in music. Although several of my Indonesian friends are partial to J-Pop/Rock. Most of my friends like rock. Some are more into hip hop, R n' B and rap, and i have one friend who was into All Saints, N Sync, etc. I said was! He gave me Jennifer Lopez's On the 6 cassette, before she was known as J-Lo.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i like the Beastie Boys. Their songs now are so-so. But i was hooked and still hooked on Hello Nasty, one of the best albums out there. That would have to be one album in which there are no songs that i dislike.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Electronic music, like the tunes i listen to seem to have a minority group of listeners! Out of all my friends i could nearly count on one hand those that actually listen to the music that i listen to. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: