Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Phase 17] Mercenary Adventure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Exploration, Raids, Intercepts, & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: [Phase 17] Mercenary Adventure Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fuji: I ain't calling you that.

Decado: We'll see. You know how the saying goes... when in Falena, do as the Falenian do...

Fuji: I'm still not calling you that. We ain't in Falena.... In fact, why the heck are we here?? All I can see is desert... more desert... and ohhh wait, to the north... more desert.

Decado: This is my home. There is something I must attend to.

Fuji: Let me re-phrase. Why the heck am I here?

Decado: You'll see.

Fuji mumbled something inappropriate as the two mercenaries continued on. They traveled north east until eventually they could see what looked like a city. As they approached Decado filled Fuji in on the historical importance of the city. Mar-Uruk as it was known was famous on this land for many qualities, all of which seemed to indicate that it was a gift from the gods, at least that was the belief of the locals

Shortly upon entering the city a very large man, strong and tall approached.

Large man: Greetings Master Decado. I am pleased to see you are looking well. It has been many years, though I wish we could meet under different circumstances.

*the sound of Fuji's sword being unsheathed slowly could be heard*

The large man swiftly takes the initiative!
The large man shifts into duel mode ATTACK!
The large man is protected by Earth Magic!
Decado shifts into duel mode DEFENSE!

---=<[Round 1]>=---
The large man tries to deliver a CRITICAL hit!
Decado perfectly defends against the powerful attack, taking only 1 point of damage!

Decado tries to deliver a CRITICAL hit!
The large man perfectly defends against the powerful attack, taking only 1 point of damage!

Large man: *grins* it is good to see you haven't neglected your training.

Decado: *turns to Fuji* This is Lugalbanda, he was my.... protector when we were younger.

Fuji: *subtly re-sheathes his sword* Ahhh, I see.

Lugalbanda: *glances at Fuji then back at Decado* It's good you brought him.

Decado: You think it will be that bad?

Lugalbanda: *nods* It always is. Come, this way.

Lugalbanda led Decado and Fuji into a large temple in the centre of the city. It was still night so there wasn't much activity within the temple. It didn't take long until Lugalbanda led them into a long hallway with a room at the very end. Two guards stood outside of the room while another patrolled the hallway.

Once inside the three began discussion regarding what was to come and only then did Fuji get an inkling as to what was really going on. Surprised to say the least, he finally understood his role in all this.

In the next morning...

Lugalbanda, Decado and Fuji walked into what appeared to be the largest room in the temple. Many clerics kneeled in prayer, candles were burning and at the centre of the room, a large bed shrouded in silks preventing anyone from seeing inside. Quickly, an elderly gentlemen who had been staring at Fuji since the three entered approached obviously not pleased.

Elderly gentlemen: This is Blasphemy!! A foreigner cannot enter our master's chamber. It is forbidden!

Decado: He is here at my request. He will stand near the doorway with Lugalbanda.

Elderly gentlemen: *glaring still at Fuji* We do not approve of this.

The elderly gentlemen walked off obviously miffed at the presence of Fuji but realizing he was unable to do anything about it. Decado walked closer leaving Lugalbanda and Fuji near the doorway. He approached the centre of the room where the large bed was and slowly pushed the silk to the side. Decado disappeared from Fuji's sight behind the silk shroud.

Fuji: *turns to Lugalbanda and spoke very quietly* What's inside there?

Lugalbanda: His father lies dead there. I believe the term King or Ruler is the term you are familiar with? To us, he was our Kaiser.

Fuji: So Decado really was his son?

Lugalbanda: His youngest son.

Fuji: Shouldn't the oldest have succeeded?

Lugalbanda: Perhaps in your culture. In ours, the successor is chosen by God. My old Kaiser saw a vision and in that vision, his youngest, the man you know as Decado was to come to power. The 7 Clerics of As-Samawat also shared this vision. This vision was many years ago. He was sent abroad not only to learn about the world, but also for his protection.

Many agreed with Decado's ascension as he was the most capable and honourable. However there are a small number of clerics who side with Jafar, the elder son.

Soft muttering could be heard from the large bed. The clerics began to repeat the same line over and over as it became louder and louder. The rising crescendo filled the room until all that could be heard was from the clerics gathered there. Then, there was utter silence...

Out of the corner of his eye Fuji could see two clerics circling the room. He looked to Lugalbanda who simply nodded. Fuji circled around to the back where the two clerics were also heading. Quietly he took position just in front of them and to the side.

Elderly gentlemen: Decado, we the 7 Clerics of the As-Samawat confirm and recognize the divine spirit within you. We the 7 Clerics of the As-Samawat see the hand of God within you! We, the 7 Clerics of the As-Samawat declare you Kaiser of Nagarea!!!

Decado stepped out from the silken shroud around the bed. Immediately one of the two clerics that Fuji was watching began walking towardes the centre of the bed. All that could be heard was a swishing sound as though a gust of wind had come through. A glimmer of light caused by a sword reflecting the candle light caught most of the clerics eye. Fuji continued his followthrough bringing his sword back up to the neck of second cleric he had been watching and held it there. The first cleric who had approached Decado took another step however his legs gave way. He collapsed to the ground as his white robe was began turning red.

Initial shock subsided as the other clerics in the room realized what was going on. Lugalbanda siezed the man with a sword at his neck, bound him and began walking towards the door. It all happened so fast that nobody had said a word.

Young girl: It is time. He approaches from the north. Eresh should meet his force outside the Great Walls.

Lugalbanda: I will take this assassin for questioning. Eresh... Fuji, watch after our Kaiser.

With Lugalbanda's forceful arm he led the captured assassin out of the room. Decado quickly motioned for Fuji and Eresh to follow him. They ran out of the temple and rallied what little soldiers they could in such short time to a location just outside the Great Walls of Uruk. Once there they could see what appeared to be a sandstorm approaching.

Eresh: They approach. Fuji and Eresh will meet them first. Kaiser your brother will be there. Are you ready for this?

Decado: Of course

[Nagarea (Decado) vs Nagarea (Jafar) at Mar-Uruk]
Nagarea (Decado) forces engage Nagarea (Jafar) forces on the vast plains of Mar-Uruk

Troops on both sides let out a warcry!
Nagarea (Decado)
Fuji: Okay, uh, I'm lost. I'm angry. And I'm armed.
Eresh: ...

Nagarea (Jafar)
Satai: You practice oppression, allow me to relieve you of your power
Cijanta: Jafar is the true Kaiser of Nagarea, I have foreseen it

----=<Round 1>=----
Fuji's Hand of Týr (Swordsaint) and Satai's Necrosia (Undead) engage in battle!

Hand of Týr attacks with the Crane Opens Its Wings formation while Necrosia attacks with the Fast Arrow Pierces formation!

Satai's regiment suffers 834 casualties, leaving them with 7966 soldiers, while Fuji's regiment suffers 214 casualties, leaving them with 4786 soldiers.

Satai: Ugh.
Fuji: You can see the weakness of a man through his iris.

Fuji's regiment wins!

Lugalbanda held the assassin by the arm firmly while walking through the halls of the temple. Instead of taking him to the holding area he instead took him to the walls of the city.

Lugalbanda: I can see you are no common assassin. I need you to see something.

----=<Round 2>=----
Eresh's Ner-gal (Clerics) and Cijanta's Heavenly Guardian (Rangers) engage in battle!

Regiment attacks with the Fast Arrow Pierces formation while Heavenly Guardian attacks with the Back Against Open Water formation!

Cijanta's regiment suffers 1902 casualties, leaving them with 5398 soldiers, while Eresh's regiment suffers 857 casualties, leaving them with 6143 soldiers.

Cijanta: I will not stop.
Eresh: ...

Eresh's regiment wins!

Standing on top of the Great Walls two figures could be seen silouetted.

Lugalbanda: Look at this, assassin. Look at who our God supports? The battle should have been lost, we were outflanked and outnumbered yet we prevail.

Assassin: ...

Lugalbanda: The Kaiser is not without mercy. As our God has done to many of us, he too will forgive your transgression.

Assassin: ...

Lugalbanda: The Captain of our local police force will find us here soon. They have orders to take you to our prison and kill you in front of the other prisoners as an example. Bound as you are, I doubt even you will be able to last long. I wish to offer you the chance to join us. My Kaiser will need strong and talented men such as yourself. He will...

Law enforcement officer: Lugalbanda, where are you taking this man?

The Law enforcement officer approached cautiously. The assassin had his back turned to him staring at Lugalbanda. Lugalbanda stared right back hoping, waiting for a response. It seemed to take forever but finally, the assassin nodded his head.

Lugalbanda: This is the man who tipped us off about the assassin. It was because of him we caught the assassin!

Law enforcement officer: Oh.... *cautiously stared at the back of the assassin* I see.

----=<Round 3>=----
Decado's Muffin Men (Mounted Archers) and Jafar's Regiment (Clerics) engage in battle!

Muffin Men attacks with the Dragon Coils Around A Pearl formation while Regiment attacks with the Crane Opens Its Wings formation!

Jafar's regiment suffers 1304 casualties, leaving them with 10696 soldiers, while Decado's regiment suffers 430 casualties, leaving them with 2570 soldiers.

Jafar: Ugh... I am not finished yet!! God, guide my strikes and allow me to dispatch this heathen!

Jafar swiftly takes the initiative!
Jafar shifts into duel mode DESPERATE!
Jafar is protected by True Earth Magic!
Decado shifts into duel mode ATTACK!

---=<[Round 1]>=---
Columns of fire fan out from the hands of Jafar and strikes Decado-- inflicting 172 points of damage!

Decado attacks Jafar and inflicts 63 points of damage!

Jafar: 958 | Decado: 2146

---=<[Round 2]>=---
Columns of fire fan out from the hands of Jafar and strikes Decado-- inflicting 151 points of damage!

Decado attacks Jafar and inflicts 73 points of damage!

Jafar: 885 | Decado: 1995

---=<[Round 3]>=---
Jafar attacks Decado!
However, Decado powerfully brushes the attack aside!
Jafar attacks again!
Jafar attacks Decado!

Decado attacks Jafar and inflicts 37 points of damage!

Jafar: 848 | Decado: 1995

---=<[Round 4]>=---
Jafar attacks Decado!

Decado attacks Jafar and inflicts 52 points of damage!

Jafar: 796 | Decado: 1995

---=<[Round 5]>=---
Jafar attacks Decado!

Decado gracefully follows up with a counterstrike, doing 26 damage!

Decado attacks Jafar and inflicts 42 points of damage!

Jafar: 728 | Decado: 1995

---=<[Round 6]>=---
Jafar invokes the power of darkness!
Decado is mauled by myriads of ghosts, causing 858 points of damage!

Decado delivers a DESTRUCTIVE blow!
Jafar is blasted by the mighty strike, suffering 432 points of damage!

Jafar: 296 | Decado: 1137

---=<[Round 7]>=---
Columns of fire fan out from the hands of Jafar and strikes Decado-- inflicting 115 points of damage!
Jafar attacks again!
Columns of fire fan out from the hands of Jafar and strikes Decado-- inflicting 168 points of damage!

Decado attacks Jafar and inflicts 67 points of damage!

Jafar: 229 | Decado: 854

---=<[Round 8]>=---
Columns of fire fan out from the hands of Jafar and strikes Decado-- inflicting 132 points of damage!

Decado attacks Jafar and inflicts 21 points of damage!

Jafar: 208 | Decado: 722

---=<[Round 9]>=---
Columns of fire fan out from the hands of Jafar and strikes Decado-- inflicting 179 points of damage!

Decado delivers a DESTRUCTIVE blow!
Jafar is blasted by the mighty strike, suffering 336 points of damage!

Jafar: 0 | Decado: 543

Decado is the winner!

Decado: My time away has taught how to deal with the likes of you.

With the battle over and the remanents of the attacking force scattered, the fighting generals re-entered the great city of Mar-Uruk. Upon entering Decado was joined by many of his Military leaders as well as the 7 Clerics of As-Samawat.

Nin-Agal: Kaiser, a strange man not from this land stopped me. He told me to give you this; a gift from him to you.

Decado: *laughing* Where is he now?

Nin-Agal: He also told me to tell you that he still won't call you that. I don't know what that means but he thought you might...?

Decado: *laughs*

The citizens gathered to see all the commotion from the battle, what many saw was Decado riding in on his faithful steed. It was an announcement without words; the Nagarean citizens realized that a new Kaiser rode victorious in front of them. It was a new era and many cheered his arrival.

-----=<Results>=-----
[Nagarea (Decado)]
Round 1: Fuji (Swordsaint) 5000 - 214 = 4786
Round 2: Eresh (Clerics) 7000 - 857 = 6143
Round 3: Decado (Mounted Archers) 3000 - 430 = 2570

[Nagarea (Jafar)]
Round 1: Satai (Undead) 8800 - 834 = 7966
Round 2: Cijanta (Rangers) 7300 - 1902 = 5398
Round 3: Jafar (Clerics) 12000 - 1304 = 10696

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations on the shiny new nation Decado. :)
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations Decado!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amazing work sir! I'm glad I knew almost nothing about this whole thing!
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How can Decado and Jafar be brothers?
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of that sounds like Gilgamesh type stuff.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations, exalted one! It would seem Kikito has a new rival. :wink:
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:

Oh, I think I remember something about this. Wasn't Decado turned into a kobold by the Beast Rune or something? That could explain it, at least.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't feel so special anymore :P

Congrats on this most amazing adventure, Decado and Fuji!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oooo. This was fun to read.
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, there is a Kaiser now, what a nice title :-). Congratulations Decado!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
This is Blasphemy!!

*sniggers*

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
iscalio wrote:

Oh, I think I remember something about this. Wasn't Decado turned into a kobold by the Beast Rune or something? That could explain it, at least.

Indeed it was, whilst researching the Runic Werewolves regiment in fact. I even have a story about the transformation and dealing with a new body somewhere in Highland...

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Quote:
This is Blasphemy!!

*sniggers*

Thank God someone else caught that. I feel like the biggest nerd on the site sometimes.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Exploration, Raids, Intercepts, & Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: