Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NHL Season 2007/2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Well I guess you're an appeased Phil now? Biron stood on his head for you.

Much happier after that game, yes. Thought he looked awful rolling across the ice to try and get to the other post instead of pushing off and sliding like most goalies tend to do. He's been better since, not exactly a wall but better.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with the two of you. I don't think Nonis should've been fired either. That said, it's a tough act to follow Burke and missing playoffs twice in 3 years can mean the end for any manager, deserved or not. His team just missed after losing their entire defence corps to injury. Unlike some GMs (like ex-Leaf GM JFJ), Nonis didn't mortgage any of his draft picks to appease his owners in a futile attempt to make the playoffs. He did the team well even though it cost him his job.

Very happy the sens are gone. I hate the sens and I hate Boo Alfredson. I'm curious if anyone is going to take a chance with Emery. He has skills, but he's a cancer in the room and lacks work-focus. Pens looked good, but they weren't really challenged. Still, when Crosby was off, Malkin was on, and when Malkin was off, Crosby stepped up.

That last WAS - PHI game was really exciting. Double OT, craziness. I honestly think picking up Federov is the only reason PHI hasn't rolled through. Federov brings that level of experience and leadership for the WAS young stars. Without him, it'd probably have been a blow out.

I'm very interested to see how Price bounces back. He fell apart last game after his gaff when it was 1-1. I'm very interested to see if he can bounce back strong or not. BOS has played pretty well against MTL.

I'm kind of cheering for NAS to pull this through, but I don't think they have enough left. DET is going to take it next game.

I have no idea what is going to happen in DAL and ANA. The moment I think I know what's going to happen, things change.

On TSN they were saying how Brodeur has been out-goaltended in the last 4 years by the likes of Lundqvist, Emery, Ward and yes, even Robert Esche. I think that falls around the time Stevens retired. Just some food for thought.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ducks are out now, so I'm happy.

I agree, Burke is a hard act to follow, but I thought Nonis was doing a decent job. Still I can understand the owner's decision.

I'm hoping for the Caps to win over the Flyers just to see the Pens and Caps face each other.

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ducks are out and im sad, my favorite NHL team out of competition. san jose sharks would take the series against the flames.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looney Tunes, ridiculous. <-- Sig fix.

I'm sad the Bruins didn't complete the upset over the Habs. I'm not really rooting against Montreal, but I like Boston's teams. Seeing the Bruins do well pleases me. But one thing is for sure, even though they lost, they're still going to get a heroes welcome when they get home. Boston loves their teams like no other.

As for the rest of the playoffs thus far. Pretty predictable. The Stars over the Ducks wasn't what I'd have liked but it doesn't matter much as we all know the Red Wings are taking the west.

I would like, for fun sake, to see Calgary beat San Jose. Hockey has no place in California as far as I'm concerned. With Anaheim out, only the Sharks remain. I wanted Anaheim to win only because of my disdain for the Stars beating the Sabres in the Stanley Cup finals years back. Assholes.

I'm split with the Flyers/Caps series. On one hand you have the Flyers who really deserve to be a higher seed than they were, and they have Biron and Briere. But the Capitals have Ovechkin who you can't help but love. He's so entertaining. Just to watch another series with him in it would be worth seeing them advance. Which I feel is the better team? Philadelphia, so they should win this hopefully.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that was an epic Game 6 between the Sharks and Stars. Despite my favorite team not winning in the end that quadruple OT will be one for the ages.

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reminded me of the Canucks/Stars marathon last year, just about ten minutes short. Good game.

Pittsburgh in 6, Dallas in 7. Let's see how wrong I am this time!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Epic game 6. Huge saves and Nabokov's was a beauty. As a goaltender, that's the save you dream of making in overtime all your life.

Philly has gone from last in the league to conference finals. And we all get to see the Philly Pens matchup. I for one wanted to see it in round 1, but round 3, even better!

Dallas has been playing really well and I agree Del, I think they can win it. DET has looked good against oponents who were obviously no match for them. NAS, really? Nobody thought NAS had a shot. COL was injured, their goalie collapsed and DET rolled. I don't think DET is as good as people think right now. I do however think Dallas has fought through two of the toughest teams in the west and came out ahead... convincingly.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got hardly any expectations for the Philly Pittsburgh series, I thought we'd honestly lose to Montreal but we went past them in 5 unbelievably. They hit about 13 posts, Biron was excellent and RJ Umberger went nuts. It was a lot of fun.

I'm missing some of tomorrows game because I'm out unfortunately but I'll be back to get the end at least. Looking forward to it getting underway.

In other news people should check Claude Giroux's postseason stats in the QMJHL, it's a ridiculous pace even for junior level.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And now Kimmo Timonen is out with a blood clot in his left foot, this bites. He's been our best defenceman and he's really irreplaceable in the lineup, we've got great forward depth but defence is another matter, where do you find someone to log his 25 minutes and PP and PK time against other teams top forwards just like that?

Harsh blow to our chances.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like the Sharks just fired Ron Wilson. It's unfortunate that he got fired, but not being able to get a team with the amount of talent that the Sharks have past the 2nd round 3 years straight would do that to a coach. Doug Wilson has been quite adept at trading for pieces and managing the cap better than most of the NHL GMs but he has never had to hire a coach and I'm wondering how he'll do.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder if Doug Wilson's head will roll too. Marleau should not be captain. In fact, I don't think the Sharks have a captain on their team because we know Joe isn't one.

PHI is done - their second best D is out with a puck to the face.

DAL is done as well. I don't know if it's fatigue from going through SJ and ANA or they're all injured... but man, DET is just toying with them. DAL gets a goal, DET takes the lead back immediately.

2 sweeps? Man, that stinks :(

Toronto media still thinks Burke is coming to Toronto. I think Toronto Media is dumb... like short-bus dumb... Cliff is still the man though. Shame about Paul maurice, I liked him.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, Doug Wilson has actually done a good job of keeping their stars and signing them to very good deals which keeps the Sharks from having cap problems. But if his next coach doesn't improve the team then I can see the ownership find someone else the following season. I mean Ron Wilson wasn't Doug's hire to begin with.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Fuji, Shortbus was a great movie.

I was watching Mike & Mike on ESPN and Greeny is predicting the Stars will win 4 straight and take the series. His reasoning is because its happened 2 times before. 33 years ago, and 33 years before that, and he cites that "like clockwork" it happens every 33 years. Golic reamed him out, but I sorta hope that does happen because I definitely want to see a Penguins Stars finals. Regardless of who makes it in the west, I want Pittsburgh to validate themselves and get Sid and Evegni their cup.

I think though, if Detroit does go, it will be a solid series. I sort of have the feeling though, that Detroit is just too solid. Osgood is a fucking beast and the way the Wed Wings are playing, I can't see them giving 4 games to anyone. Unless time travel is involved and they have to play one of those mighty Canadiens teams from the 70s. Or even past Detroit teams. Pittsburgh can take maybe 2. I can always root for the underdog though. Go Pittsburgh!

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Osgood won a second cup I think it would largely dispell the idea that his previous cup was a product of being in the right place at the right time, no denying this Red Wings team is pretty amazing too like the last he was on when he won but you don't luck out that much twice, you've gotta be a pretty good goaler too.

The other series sucks. No comment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: