Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Roundier Haia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andarc wrote:
Yeah... Kika also dresses incredibly similar to Valeria, so there is some connection there,

I fail to see ANY similarities between those two ladies as far as appearance goes. They do not dress similar at all.

and as far as Mr. Haia goes, (I believe he is male, sue me I'm sexist!) Kika could have just as easily learned the style from someone else.

She could have also taught the style to someone who then in turn taught it to Haia.

Haia could have also taught the style to Kika.

To say which of these is true would be hard, but..eh. I guess that's why we assume some much.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
Also, all of the recruitable Ducks, Lizards, Wingers, and Nay-Kobolds are male.

female lizard: Peggi
female Winger: Susu

anyway, i believe that some runes are not necessarily actual runes in the Suikoverse/world or they are sorta man-made things that don't grant extra power, they merely trade one thing for another (Wizard/Warrior/Wall runes). i'd guess that Falcon, Phoenix, Boar, Great Hawk, Swallow, maybe Turtle and Poison, etc runes are really just representations of fighting styles or techniques/abilities and aren't considered "real" runes in the Suikoworld as fire runes are acknowledged.

also there are some runes that are obviously only for gameplay purposes that could not really make sense even in a fantasy world - Champion, Fortune, Spark, Prosperity, and Holy runes don't make any sense in a "world"; they can only apply to a game.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Peggi is actually male, despite his name!
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my bad
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KFCrispy wrote:
anyway, i believe that some runes are not necessarily actual runes in the Suikoverse/world or they are sorta man-made things that don't grant extra power, they merely trade one thing for another (Wizard/Warrior/Wall runes). i'd guess that Falcon, Phoenix, Boar, Great Hawk, Swallow, maybe Turtle and Poison, etc runes are really just representations of fighting styles or techniques/abilities and aren't considered "real" runes in the Suikoworld as fire runes are acknowledged.

also there are some runes that are obviously only for gameplay purposes that could not really make sense even in a fantasy world - Champion, Fortune, Spark, Prosperity, and Holy runes don't make any sense in a "world"; they can only apply to a game.

That's an interesting theory. Still, I do believe the 'special move' runes at least are real. I remember reading somewhere that students of Roundier (spelling?) Haia are granted a Falcon rune if they complete his training. I must admit it would make more sense the way you put it as I find it hard to imagine an accomplished fighter could only do their moves provided they have their rune equipped.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not think its the rune that gives the warrior ALL of his moves, its just that special attack that the rune powers. The tutoring and fighting skill would be there regardless, its just the Falcon Attack.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: