Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Roundier Haia
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A question regarding Kanakan, how much do we know about Rolundier Haia? I was looking at Suikox's nation section and noticed Rolundier Haia is described as a Kobold. Is this a fact or just something invented by Suikox? Is the Perregrin Rune also an actual True Rune?

Im really interested in Kanakan so seeing all your oppinions and suggestions is really interesting. I personally think it is a place to the side of Falena as it seems that Belcoot would have found it easier to get to Kanakan when fleeing as a youngster.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roundier Haia's race and gender on Suikox were made up by Vextor. The same applies to her rune.
Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for that iscalio, I guess we also so don't really know if Rolundier is indeed a she either?

Rolundier could almost as an individual have their own topic thread.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Roundier Haia has been refered to as "he" in official sources since the character was "created" by Vextor. I can't remember where though or if the source is a manga (making it not terribly credible, really)--I just remember seeing that somewhere. I could be wrong.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree Zonder as I am sure that Rolundier is refered to as a Master. The idea of Rolundier having a True Rune is not impossible due to the fact that Kika uses a Falcon Rune and that could have given to her by the same Rolundier Haia.

FOREVER X!!!
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikosource has Roundier Haia listed as a He, now of course since it is only a one sentence entry it could just be an assumption of gender.

Last edited by AA on Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Roundier, not 'Rolundier'. And the fact that his pupils have Falcon Runes (not only Kika, Overdose - also Anita, Valeria and Belcoot) in itself does not at all make it likely that he has a True Rune. He is just the inventor of the Falcon Sword Style, and since the Suikoden game system is based on runes for abilities, said style is represented by a command rune.

If the Falcon Rune's existence alone is taken as a hint towards a True Rune in Roundier's possession, then the same could be said about Long Chan Chan and many others. And I doubt that Long Chan Chan has a True Rune.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roundier Haia can be of either gender I think, I never remember in any of the games, him/her being referred to without the use of only the name Roundier Haia.

iscalio wrote:
If the Falcon Rune's existence alone is taken as a hint towards a True Rune in Roundier's possession, then the same could be said about Long Chan Chan and many others. And I doubt that Long Chan Chan has a True Rune.

I guess you haven't played Suikoden VI then.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
It's Roundier, not 'Rolundier'. And the fact that his pupils have Falcon Runes (not only Kika, Overdose - also Anita, Valeria and Belcoot) in itself does not at all make it likely that he has a True Rune. He is just the inventor of the Falcon Sword Style, and since the Suikoden game system is based on runes for abilities, said style is represented by a command rune.

To be the teacher of Kika, and Valeria, would mean you're immortal, thus more evidence towards a true rune, and runes are not just "representations" of your special abilities, they are themselves, special runes, meaning Falcon Rune could very well be a child rune of the supposed true rune that Roundier Haia would wield. Actually it was pretty laughable, of you to say that it is not likely for this Roundier Haia, to have a true rune, because it would only make it apparent that you don't know the timeline very well! :D

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andarc wrote:
To be the teacher of Kika, and Valeria, would mean you're immortal, thus more evidence towards a true rune, and runes are not just "representations" of your special abilities, they are themselves, special runes, meaning Falcon Rune could very well be a child rune of the supposed true rune that Roundier Haia would wield. Actually it was pretty laughable, of you to say that it is not likely for this Roundier Haia, to have a true rune, because it would only make it apparent that you don't know the timeline very well! :D

But Roundier Haia isn't the teacher of Kika as far as we know, and this would suggest that the Falcon Rune is not exlcusive to that school of swordsmanship.
Sougen Shio

The Swallow Brigade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Roundier Haia is the master of the Falcon Sword Style school, but it does not make is the founder or creator the style. He is probable the best student of the style that was promoted to head of the dojo.

Just like in real life, Iwami Gensho is the Mater of the Hyouhou Niten Ichi-Ryuu, but it was created by Miyamoto Musashi 5 centuries ago.

Edit: Just for the sake of asking, someone can check the japanese version of the game and say if they really call Roundier Haia the creator of the style?

Last edited by Sougen Shio on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Inventor of the style, not the rune. ;)
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Andarc wrote:

But Roundier Haia isn't the teacher of Kika as far as we know, and this would suggest that the Falcon Rune is not exlcusive to that school of swordsmanship.

Yeah... Kika also dresses incredibly similar to Valeria, so there is some connection there, but I suppose the time difference wouldnt allow for assumptions of this sort, so I guess yeah as far as we know, roundier haia is unrelated to kika, *edit* also fairly similar to Gary, and his relation to Max... While being purely based on conjecture, it is very possible/likely.

Last edited by Andarc on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my, you're right Andarc. Now I understand what Overdose meant. The timeline slipped my mind there for a moment.

Andarc wrote:
and runes are not just "representations" of your special abilities, they are themselves, special runes, meaning Falcon Rune could very well be a child rune of the supposed true rune that Roundier Haia would wield.

I can use my Long Chan Chan argument to refute this.

Andarc wrote:
Actually it was pretty laughable, of you to say that it is not likely for this Roundier Haia, to have a true rune, because it would only make it apparent that you don't know the timeline very well!

At least I know how to use commas!
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Oh my, you're right Andarc. Now I understand what Overdose meant. The timeline slipped my mind there for a moment.

Andarc wrote:
and runes are not just "representations" of your special abilities, they are themselves, special runes, meaning Falcon Rune could very well be a child rune of the supposed true rune that Roundier Haia would wield.

I can use my Long Chan Chan argument to refute this.

Andarc wrote:
Actually it was pretty laughable, of you to say that it is not likely for this Roundier Haia, to have a true rune, because it would only make it apparent that you don't know the timeline very well!

At least I know how to use commas!

Random commas slip into my sentences... >__>;

And what is your L.C.C. Argument?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: