Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stat growth and other questions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Stat growth and other questions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been browsing for a while and trying to find an explanation of some things about the forum and the PRG aspect of it, but to no avail. Maybe some can help me? Even if it pointing me towards and FAQ that contains the answers would be appreciated.

How does star growth work? When you post and level up, what decides which stats increase? For instance, I am a mage unit, so my MGC and MDEF are high and my STR and SKL are low (which makes sense). However, my best stat is speed, which is cool, but puzzling. DOes each clas have a set of "good stats" that grow faster than their "bad stats?" Is it all random? Is there a formula to it?

Also, I've noticed over the last few days that my HP goes up and down. For instance, I had roughly 125 HP last night, but I just posted a few minutes ago and my HP was in the mid 80s. WHen this post goes through, my HP will probably be different again. Why is that? Is it meant to represent battle damage?

[EDIT: After posting, I noticed my MAG stat is quite a few points lower than it was yesterday as well and I think my MDEF is higher. Is it supposed to be that fluid?]

Also, what is Karma (in terms of forum/game mechanics)? How is it used and how does one gain it? Does it increase like all of you other stats?

Also, I had started posting something in the "advertisements and fun links" forum that is fanfic-ish. I read in a post today that fanfic and the like is only allowed in your nation's forum and that you need nation leader's approval to post them anyway. Should I ask permission and move it? Should I stop posting subsequent chapters, make an outside site and post the link? SHould I just continue what I'm doing?

Thanks a lot for your patience. I'm new to interactive forums like this and I want to learn how it is done correctly so as not to step on anyone's toes (I had some problems with gaming forums a few years ago and don't want to repeat them). Anyway, thanks again.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How stats are calculated exactly are known to SARSadmin. Karma is how long you've been here and it affects all stats in some way or another. As for speculation/facts/banter regarding stats check out this thread.

Budehuc Castle: You have stats now

So far stats don't play a part in the forums yet other than SARS's duel module and that's just for fun at the moment. As for your other questions, I'll leave those up to others with more knowledge and authority.

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately I haven't had time to update the FAQ and include the stats but I shall try and do my best to fix this as soon as possible. As FF6Sage already mentioned though, stats are of little importance as they hardly do anything right about now. Just to clarify your query, Karma increases with the number of days spent at the forums so the longer you're here the more your stats increase. The rest of the stats increase or decrease depending on the number of posts you make as well as the length and content of your post. Hopefully that answers everything you really need to know about stats. I doubt it is tied in with your regiment at all so do not worry about that. I'm a magician and my strength stat is far superior to my magic rating if you notice.

I don't think I'm more knowledgeable nor do I have more authority than FF6Sage but I'll give what I can a shot. The Advertisement Forums are meant for advertising other sites. If you really enjoy writing fanfics, you should ask Shrew (your Nation Leader) if you are allowed to post fanfics within your Nation. If not you can always sign up for Tabula Rasa although you might have to wait a while until your application gets processed. I do not know if you have to move your post, but if it is pure fanfic and Shrew allows you to make one within your nation I would delete your original post and copy and paste it in the Nameless Lands fanfic thread if you have it. If you get denied to post within your nation you can always make an outside site and post your fanfic there with a link in the advertisements forum or simply in your signature bar.

Hope this helps out a little.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

question answered; next time, wataru, you may want to look a bit harder, rather than just give up and start a new thread. speaking of which...

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: